Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BAN GAS STOVES ??

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Re: BAN GAS STOVES ??

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Honestly, who cares. That's called poisoning the well. It does matter who it was or the connections. If the research itself is sound it doesn't matter who did the research. If the research is not sound it doesn't matter who did the research. The only thing that might help knowing the background of the researcher is that it can guide a person's search for bias in the research. But if the bias is not found in the research itself, then who did it does not matter. Absolutes still exist.
    some would argue WHO is funding the research tells a lot about the data. their were doctors speaking out on the covid narratives , there were doctors speaking out against lockdowns, there were doctors speaking out about masking ,there were doctors speaking out about the vaccines. those descending doctors. were censored and threatened. the government won. why ? because they were the wallet.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If they were censored how come we all heard them?
    I’m not sure you know what that word means.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Depends on which aspect you want to address.

Do gas stoves produce harmful air pollutants during their use? Yes. Not a new or controversial idea.
    Is there a linkage between exposure to pollutants such as those produced by a gas stove and an increased incidence of childhood asthma? Again, yes.

Does anything need to be done beyond venting and other basic safety protocols? Likely no.
    Are too many current residences not properly vented and are too many consumers not using the vents they do have? Absolutely.

Betond this…more work needs done.
    Sorry, that's too reminiscent of the "What are you all worried about, it's not that big of a deal, nothing that drastic will happen, calm down you tinfoil hat person" that's been said before some group of liberal freaks tries to actually do exactly what the tinfoil hat people said.

So the response at this point needs to be a flat "Get the fuck out of here with that - no regulations, no studies, no addressing just one part of it, shove ALL of it up your ass and go die." Sorry, but your reputation has preceded you.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

If they were censored how come we all heard them?
    I’m not sure you know what that word means.
    yeah your right, its my imagination. the twitter , facebook, and youtube , post , tweets suspensions, and deleted videos never happened and google wasnt suppressing search's . all those twitter files elon musk is dropping are fake. snopes fact checkers said so.

Doctors File Federal Lawsuit to Stop California Medical Censorship Law

New law violates free speech and threatens doctors with license revocation for sharing medical advice contrary to public health “consensus”
    https://libertyjusticecenter.org/media/ab-2098/

Last Updated: 30th December, 2021 13:39 IST 'More harm than good' | Twitter Suspends MRNA Vaccine Inventor Robert Malone's Account Over Pfizer Shot Concerns

Robert Malone, the inventor of mRNA vaccines had tweeted a video explaining from the data about the harms from the Pfizer vaccine, & the problems with it.

In an eerie turn of events, microblogging site Twitter suspended Dr Robert Malone the inventor of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines for posting a video that explained harms feared from the virus vaccine Pfizer. Slamming the social media website over its actions, Indian lawyer and activist Prashant Bhushan described the situation as 'Just Vax propaganda'. Speaking in Spanish, Dr Robert Malone, from another Twitter page explained why his account was permanently blocked.

'This is the level of censorship on Twitter!' tweeted lawyer Prashant Bhushan.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Look up the definition of censorship. A private company doing whatever they want isn’t censorship. It might b foolish and gross but they can do whatever they want

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

The problem is the term ' DR.',, such as in DR. Fauci and convid. These moron bafoons aren't medical doctors, just titled doctor because of education....such as SHELDON in Big Bang theory TV show. None of these so-called doctors have treated any 'patients' so therefore have no actual live situations to examine or compare with. It's just paper work graphs and studies. Dr. Fauci never had or treated a patient in his life, and that's why most of his theories are finding out to be flawed by the medical field. The same will come about on all of these other bafoon doctors. Gas stoves are here to stay until a better way to control heat is invented. Just think of the pathetic brain power in Washington these days.....they do away with means of making electric, yet want to do away with gas/oil....so it will very little electric provided you will some day have to chose between keeping your house cool/warm, or charging your vehicle, or cooking a meal , etc.etc because you will be alotted a limit of electric use per day. LOL

So they've changed medical school? Because unless Cornell has changed things, there was a minimum of 3 years and as many as 10 where Fauci treated patients daily.

I really wish I had known about those non-residency and non-patient treating options...might've made different choices.

Buried in all that nonsense is a point worth talking about...but you just reveal how little you know and undercut your own arguments when you don't even know how medical school works.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Why stop at stoves? Better get them water heaters and furnaces too.
    Why don't all liberals get rid of them and dispose of their fossil fuel cars? They won't of course.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

DR Jill Biden may disagree with how long you must see patients to get the DR title .. I mean ....... she never went to medical school and is a Dr according to Joe and the Lamestream media
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    DR Jill Biden may disagree with how long you must see patients to get the DR title .. I mean ....... she never went to medical school and is a Dr according to Joe and the Lamestream media
    You do know that there are different kinds of DR degrees, right? I mean maybe you and others do not.

One, is a medical degree (MD) granted to you from a medical school after years of classroom education and then years of work in a hospital or other medical facility treating patients in your chosen specialty. At the end of this process, usually a decade or so, you earn the title of Doctor of Medicine/Medical Doctor (hence the MD) or Dr.

The other is a doctor of philosphy, more commonly called a PhD. That you earn solely from classroom work and executing an independent research project or thesis in your little corner of the academic world. After doing that, you also earn the title of Doctor -- just not that kind of doctor.

Both require a phenomenal amount of work, dedication, and effort on the part of the individual. Either way, the person is well justified in using the title.

So both are totally legitimate in using the title Dr in front of their names. One has definitely treated patients and one has not.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

One is a medical doctor, the other is a self-important postgraduate degree holder. Although in the former case, both increasingly apply.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    .............the other is a self-important ..............
    Well, if that were the main criteria you'd be Dr. Steelreserve.

So far we have someone who doesn't understand how medical school works, someone else who may not know there are different kinds of doctor degrees, and someone else who hates higher education because he either failed out of one, got passed over for a promotion because of something or other, or maybe a college prof touched him in his naughty spot?

Solid foundation for forming opinions all around! I think we should just start passing out library cards. Reading books would calm a lot of this down.

So far we have someone who doesn't understand how medical school works, someone else who may not know there are different kinds of doctor degrees, and someone else who hates higher education because he either failed out of one, got passed over for a promotion because of something or other, or maybe a college prof touched him in his naughty spot?

Solid foundation for forming opinions all around! I think we should just start passing out library cards. Reading books would calm a lot of this down.
    What an interesting fan fic, keep it up and you'll get as looney as your other liberal friend. It is fascinating how they can't tell the difference between "you suck" and "I am miserable and unsuccessful." Perhaps it would make a good topic for a doctoral thesis.

What that original remark meant is: There are those with PhDs who go around dropping their titles and acting like they're special, and then there are those with PhDs who act like normal people and their degree doesn't even come up unless there's a reason for it, like you are talking about their field of work. The latter kind are largely reasonable and often interesting people; the former tend to be about as insufferable as vegans.

It is true that I will fairly often hear something about one of my classmates and go "Holy hell, THAT guy's a lawyer, or THAT guy has a PhD? He's stupid as shit!" Sometimes you also see things your old professors say, and you go "Well, this person clearly has no sense at all."

I mean, there's a reason why academia has a reputation for being pretentious, and it's pretty well-deserved.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Insufferable as vegans, lmfao. I think my IPA went thru my nose.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

no need they burned all them already
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    What an interesting fan fic, keep it up and you'll get as looney as your other liberal friend. It is fascinating how they can't tell the difference between "you suck" and "I am miserable and unsuccessful." Perhaps it would make a good topic for a doctoral thesis.

What that original remark meant is: There are those with PhDs who go around dropping their titles and acting like they're special, and then there are those with PhDs who act like normal people and their degree doesn't even come up unless there's a reason for it, like you are talking about their field of work. The latter kind are largely reasonable and often interesting people; the former tend to be about as insufferable as vegans.

It is true that I will fairly often hear something about one of my classmates and go "Holy hell, THAT guy's a lawyer, or THAT guy has a PhD? He's stupid as shit!" Sometimes you also see things your old professors say, and you go "Well, this person clearly has no sense at all."

I mean, there's a reason why academia has a reputation for being pretentious, and it's pretty well-deserved.
    it is very true there are insufferable people everywhere.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

it is very true there are insufferable people everywhere.
    Some places, http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru.../4-The-Soapbox , have more than others.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Some places, http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru.../4-The-Soapbox , have more than others.
    Boston has the most

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Boston has the most

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Fauci is a f''kin BAFOON and I wouldn't trust him to treat a common cold. He is a fraud and about to be found out as one. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Okay, I'm going to hijack this thread a bit because there is very often a ton of confusion about "doctor" and the degree it references. Mojouw was right in his first response. But I want to go a lot deeper into it because (1) I just find it fascinating and (2) it might help clarify things.

"Doctor" literally has nothing to do with medicine except that the practitioner has gone to school long enough to be licensed to teach in his or her field. Literally, the word "doctor" means teacher. The reason we have doctorates is because the Catholic church would license teachers after so many years of education. That practice expanded from just theological education to other types of education, including the sciences. As a side note, for decades if not longer in England, a medical practitioner's proper title was "Mr." rather than "Dr." because "Dr." does not mean someone who deals with medicine.

Now, of course, there are different levels of a doctorate. The medical doctorate is the equivalent of a Doctor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Juris Prudence (a lawyer is technically a doctor), and in theology, the Master of Divinity degree. They are all what is called first-professional degrees (that is, post-graduate degrees that must be earned for their profession). The PhD is the highest doctorate that can be earned in the US as it is a research doctorate (there are several other degrees that are close to or equal to it, such as Doctor of Sacred Theology, Doctor of Science, Doctor of Education, Doctor of Theology, Doctor of Fine Arts, Doctor of Musical Education, Doctor of Musical Arts, and so on). The only degree higher than a PhD is one that is given in Europe (US universities do not confer this title) Doctor of Letters. In most places, a person earns this by earning a PhD and then doing research and publishing that is recognized in the field by other practitioners as being the highest caliber. Thus, it is usually a degree that isn't sought as much as one that is conferred based on lifetime achievement. So, to put it succinctly. Jill Biden's EdD is pretty close to (or is) equivalent to a PhD and considered a higher degree than the MD or DO that most medical doctors have.

Now, with all of that being said, one of the worst sins a holder of a doctoral degree can commit is believing that degree makes them an expert in anything but the field they studied. For instance, My Doctor of Ministry degree (a weird degree that is a second professional degree, so somewhat higher than a MD as my Master of Divinity is the equivelent first professional degree) makes me an expert in a very precise area of Christian ministry within a local church setting. My PhD makes me an expert in the area of my dissertation (Second Temple non-canonical Jewish apocalyptic writing) and to a lesser degree, Old Testament studies as that is what my degree is in. I am as dumb as a doorknob when it comes to astrophysics, chemistry, or medicine. Now, there are methodologies that intersect different fields and background elements that I share with these fields that are part of the DNA of research. But that doesn't give me the right to speak as an expert in the fields themselves.

To SteelReserve's point about people being pretentious, that is exactly what happens when those with a doctoral degree try to speak in areas where they are not experts. And, yes, sadly, there's too many of them.
    Last edited by Craic; 01-18-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

It won't make any difference with Canada as OC.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

They should also ban electricity. Ignoring the fact that most if not all of their electricity is made by fossil fuels.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

[QUOTE=Mach1;830747]They should also ban electricity. Ignoring the fact that most if not all of their electricity is made by fossil fuels.

Why haven't all of the Democrat voters disposed of their fossil fuel cars/trucks?
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    They should also ban electricity. Ignoring the fact that most if not all of their electricity is made by fossil fuels.

No, no, silly. Don't you see that instead of burning natural gas to boil water in a pot, it's far more effective to burn natural gas to boil water in a tank, and use it to turn a turbine and make electricity at I'm guessing 50% efficiency on a good day, and then transmit that electricity a long distance over power lines and lose more of it along the way, and THEN use the electricity to boil water in a pot. DUH! Where were you when they were passing out the brains?

But of course this will be solved when they all go solar. In New York.
    See you Space Cowboy ...