Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup QB

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Backup QB

Rudolph is a free agent.

Mitch is bitching that he should have waited.

I don't see either coming back.

Who would you sign or draft to back up KFP.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Backup QB

Very good question....This is the list of free agent in 2023 at the QB position

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...arterback/all/

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Yeah that's not an easy question to answer. Rush, brissett. Or someone the NEW OC is familiar with to help install his offense

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Maybe Teddy?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Backup QB

Without knowing the system or anything, Mike White and then a third string guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Case Keenum or Brissett

or resign MR (probably have to pay a little extra to get him to stay)

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Draft Stetson Bennett in the 7th round or someone off that list like Bridgewater or Keenum or Brissett.

Just get Trubisky out of here.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't mind Trubisky sticking around, the problem is that he thinks he's a starter when he's not, so he can go.

Bring in Keenum or Brisset.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Tyler Huntley - he's better than Lamar Jackson!

In all seriousness....Blaine Gabbert. He's gonna stink if he has to play. But he should be able to mentor KP on how to prepare and all of those intangible things. Like Batch did at the end.

Then draft someone who might be able to play a little bit to be the actual back-up.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

There's no reason not to wipe the slate here. We know Rudolph is going to be a liability if he ever has to play, so we might as well cut him loose and see if someone else can do any better. Trubisky can go get fucked in the ass with a tire iron, get him out of here ASAP.

Just sign some Keenum/Daniels type and use a low draft pick or take a shot at a UDFA project guy to round out the roster.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Id like to keep Mason if we can keep his spirit high, although, I do not think he wants to be a fulltime backup. He is still looking for his shot at QB1, and if some other team gives him that opportunity I don't blame him for jumping at it.

If we keep Mason, and is on board on being the insurance back up like batch was, this would be IDEAL! Then I say let Mitch go. Perhaps draft another QB in the mid rounds .

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Without knowing the system or anything, Mike White and then a third string guy?
    Jets gonna pony up to keep him is my guess to be the starter
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Wonder how much Matt Ryan will cost once he is cut from the Colts? He'll be 38 and his starting days are over with, he's from PA also. He could be a good mentor for KP.

Jacoby Brissett has the NC State connection with Canada(lol)/Faulkner

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'd go Keenum at QB2 and Stetson Bennett at QB3.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Another thought....say the hire a new OC. That usually means that they find a QB familiar with that OC's system lying around somewhere and bring him in. Might be hard to predict until that decision is made...

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Tom Brady so he can be the first QB in NFL history to win the superbowl as a starter and as a backup
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Tom Brady so he can be the first QB in NFL history to win the superbowl as a starter and as a backup
    It happen to Jeff Hostetler!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    LOL

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Jacoby Brissett is low-key probably the most accomplished backup who can actually give you good enough QB play to win when called upon. However, I have no idea about his availability or whether he's a realistic option for us.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I would want a backup that can come in and win a game or 2. There may be some vet options come available as we move through this offseason. I feel we can expect KP to miss a couple games each season so I would rather have the seasoned backup over the young arm QB. Guys like Dalton or Tannehill or Daniel Jones if those teams choose to go with someone else.
    Since they probably won’t, just upgrade what we have and I’m happy enough.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’d be happy with Mac Jones as our QB3.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Another thought....say the hire a new OC. That usually means that they find a QB familiar with that OC's system lying around somewhere and bring him in. Might be hard to predict until that decision is made...
    That’s what I’m saying. I’d take Mike White though in the mean time. Young, players like him, has proven he’s got a little game…

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That’s what I’m saying. I’d take Mike White though in the mean time. Young, players like him, has proven he’s got a little game…
    I think White and QB like Brissett will go to a team where they can be a starter during the next season...Right now Teddy may be the best option for the steelers

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I think White and QB like Brissett will go to a team where they can be a starter during the next season...Right now Teddy may be the best option for the steelers
    Well Teddy Two Gloves would get along with Kenny Small Hands. People’s heads might explode if two QBs wore two gloves…it’s unheard of…

Dulac Expects Mitch Trubisky Gone, Suggests Joshua Dobbs As Next Backup QB

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/01/du...medium=twitter

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Trade Trubisky and a R7 pick… for Carr.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Trade Trubisky and a R7 pick… for Carr.
    To who? Just sign him.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    To who? Just sign him.
    Isn't he under contract???