Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Official Offseason thread

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Official Offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I saw where Taylor Lewan of the Titans posted a tweet where he indicated he would look good in black and gold, and posted a super-imposed picture of him in a Steelers uniform. The Titans may go into a full on rebuild and jettison some veterans it appears.

I have no clue how well Taylor Lewan played last year, but he was very good previously. Would he be worthwhile for the Steelers to consider? I like the idea in my head, but again I am not sure if he started to decline rapidly last season or not.
    Hasn’t he been suspended multiple times for steroids?

If he did it in his prime…he’s gonna be a juice bar as hie ages.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

You just jogged my memory, and I remember he did have a PED suspension a few years ago.

I just checked and he is also older than I thought he was, as he will be 32 in July. Unless the price is right, my inclination is that the Steelers should pass.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Tony Mandarich doesn't approve of this message.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Sure? Never hurts to ask. But it has several barriers to happening.

Ramsey is set to count $25 million against the cap. The Steelers could probably find a way to carve out that kinda cash without feeling too much pain. BUT...they have stuck to a strict salary structure in the past, with no one getting paid more than the team leaders. It would be highly out of character for them to bring in a guy and pay him as much or more than MF, Watt, and Cam.

As long as we are asking the Rams stuff....lets make Donald happen. That would be even more fun!

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

You just jogged my memory, and I remember he did have a PED suspension a few years ago.

I just checked and he is also older than I thought he was, as he will be 32 in July. Unless the price is right, my inclination is that the Steelers should pass.
    No short term expensive free agents. If he want to sigh a 1 year deal four say 4 million dollars, bring him in for a physical. If he passes the physical then I say sign him fir a short cap friendly deal.
    The last time the Steelers won a playoff game it was 2016. That is six years ago. We are keeping the Jets and Lions company. The standard remains the standard.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I don't believe the Ramsey "rumor". I don't think this team is ready for move like that. Seems to be more of a preseason/in-season move when the team is showing contending ability.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

With the market value listed for CB FAs this year, whatever the cost for Ramsey is too high. He may still be the #1 CB in the league(debatable), but there are several very good CBs hitting FA right now. This draft is also deep in the CB class this year. I agree with B&G, I’m not convinced the rumor is true.

More context for the offensive line(OT in fact) of the steelers in 2022....They had need a lot of help.....

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Instead of debating backup QBs….

IF…DL is Heyward, Adams, Leal, Loudermilk, and re-sign Ogunjobi, how important is a DL in the first 5 picks of this draft?

IF…The Steelers re-sign 2 of Sutton, Edmunds, and Kazee, which 2 do you want?

Personally, I think LT is the biggest need this offseason, draft or FA. The mock draft sites overwhelmingly think CB is the Steelers biggest offseason need. What do you guys think it is?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post

IF…DL is Heyward, Adams, Leal, Loudermilk, and re-sign Ogunjobi, how important is a DL in the first 5 picks of this draft?

Personally, I think LT is the biggest need this offseason, draft or FA. The mock draft sites overwhelmingly think CB is the Steelers biggest offseason need. What do you guys think it is?
    I love Kazee but I think I’d have to sign the other two…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I really think the first 3 picks will be an offensive tackle, defensive lineman, and a CB. I'm just not sure which order these spots will be picked. Obviously some of this depends on free agency as well and what the team does there. If I am mocking the Steelers first three picks today, here are two scenarios that I think are realistic:

17. Joey Porter Jr., CB
    32. Bryan Bresee, DL
    49. Jaelyn Duncan, OT

or

17. Broderick Jones, OT
    32. Bryan Bresee, DL
    49. Eli Ricks, CB

Sutton and Edmunds for the last question.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rumors from Super Bowl is that the Steelers are interested in Marcus Peters…

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Rumors from Super Bowl is that the Steelers are interested in Marcus Peters…
    Yeah I see this...I would love to have all your thoughts on this

Yeah I see this...I would love to have all your thoughts on this
    Similar to the Joe Haden move…that one worked out well. I think this is very similar to that idea…not sure what each players time frame was/would be before they landed in Pittsburgh but I feel like it’s close…

Those who had some hope about Orlando Brown,forget about that....

Chiefs Expected To Use Franchise Tag On Orlando Brown, Jr. Again

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/...Brown-Jr-Again

Mason Rudolph could stay in Pittsburgh if Steelers release Mitch Trubisky

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...ree-agent-nfl/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Taylor Lewan anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Taylor Lewan anyone?
    I’m not sure he can still walk. His knees have kept him off the field for most of the past 4-5 seasons. He would need to pass multiple physicals, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...l/69541482007/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’m not sure he can still walk. His knees have kept him off the field for most of the past 4-5 seasons. He would need to pass multiple physicals, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...l/69541482007/
    Cheap? Incentives?

Cheap? Incentives?
    I honestly don’t know if what we already have isn’t better at this point. Like I said before, he would need to pass multiple physicals for me to get excited about signing him. When he played he was great. I don’t think he’s played a full season worth of games in several years combined.

If…he passed the physicals, and we couldn’t get someone play ready in the draft, possibly. He’d be a no show for TC.

Taylor Lewan anyone?
    He is washed at this point....He has missing over 50% of the game since 2020

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Jamir Jones re-signs to a 1 year deal. Likely leader for the #4 OLB job.

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1630304689504804869
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Steelers GM Omar Khan said he loves the way Mitch Trubisky worked with Kenny Pickett and would like Trubisky to be around long-term, including beyond next season.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Those who had some hope about Orlando Brown,forget about that....

Chiefs Expected To Use Franchise Tag On Orlando Brown, Jr. Again

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/...Brown-Jr-Again
    the Chiefs know what they have. And they're protecting their Franchise QB with this move. I'd like to see the Steelers go LT in R1 or R2, its unflashy but needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Steelers GM Omar Khan said he loves the way Mitch Trubisky worked with Kenny Pickett and would like Trubisky to be around long-term, including beyond next season.

Just wow, they see Mitch as a mentor. I still don't see what Mitch can mentor KP on.

8 million dollars, well when 1500 sf ordinary houses are going for 1.4 million in some areas around here i'm not surprised....money is not worth the paper its printed on....

Mitch might be one of those guys that knows what to do but just can’t execute it. Theres a lot of those guys around the NFL…

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Mitch might be one of those guys that knows what to do but just can’t execute it. Theres a lot of those guys around the NFL…
    I thought that was Dobbs. Anyway if that's Mitch also then so be it. Hopefully KP stays healthy and we're spared the tag team of Mitch and Matt.

If it's doable financially why not? With TJ's durability sort of in doubt we need a capable third OLB.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-stee...ycsrp_catchall

Senior Member Array title="Dreegking will become famous soon enough">

I really think the first 3 picks will be an offensive tackle, defensive lineman, and a CB. I'm just not sure which order these spots will be picked. Obviously some of this depends on free agency as well and what the team does there. If I am mocking the Steelers first three picks today, here are two scenarios that I think are realistic:

17. Joey Porter Jr., CB
    32. Bryan Bresee, DL
    49. Jaelyn Duncan, OT

or

17. Broderick Jones, OT
    32. Bryan Bresee, DL
    49. Eli Ricks, CB

Sutton and Edmunds for the last question.
    If Steelers got Bresee at 32 I’d be shocked. And super pumped.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I can't believe Ramsey is only 28, it seems like he's been in the league forever.

I'd love to get him but his CAP numbers are way too high:

Bonus Breakdown Cap Details Cash Details
    Year Age Base Salary Signing Roster Restructure Cap Hit Dead Cap Yearly Cash
    2020 26 $1,203,000 $5,000,000 - - $6,203,000 $43,700,000 $26,290,079($26,290,079)
    2021 27 $1,500,000 $5,000,000 - $3,200,000 $9,700,000 $45,000,000 $17,500,000($43,790,079)
    2022 28 $15,000,000 $5,000,000 - $3,200,000 $23,200,000 $47,800,000 $15,000,000($58,790,079)
    2023 29 $17,000,000 $5,000,000 - $3,200,000 $25,200,000 $32,100,000 $17,000,000($75,790,079)
    Potential Out: 2024, 4 yr, $75,790,079; $11,400,000 dead cap
    2024 30 $14,500,000 $5,000,000 $4,000,000 $3,200,000 $26,700,000 $11,400,000 $18,500,000($94,290,079)
    2025 31 $15,500,000 - $4,000,000 $3,200,000 $22,700,000 $3,200,000 $19,500,000($113,790,079)
    Contract Terms: 5 yr(s) / $100,000,000 Signing Bonus $25,000,000 Average Salary$20,000,000 GTD at Sign:$43,700,000 Total GTD:$71,200,000 Free Agent:2027 / UFA