Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: not steelers I get it but this transcends team

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

not steelers I get it but this transcends team

Pray for Bills safety Hamlin who collapsed on the field , I wont pretend to know what happened but perhaps a heart attack ,, ambulances there on field administering cpr ...

prayers are needed
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: not steelers I get it but this transcends team

Please pray.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Trying to back it up to see what might have happened. Flashbacks of Shazier.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I literately turned it on in the middle of everything.

From the reactions it looks like the nightmare outcome may have happened.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

here is what happened ...

he made a tackle , stood up and then fell backwards straight down as if he passed out landing on his back ...

they gave him CPR on the field ( so it wasn't a passed out incident just look as though he did )

hearing he isnt breathing on his own to how much validity I have no clue , he does have a heart beat according to what I am hearing but again no idea how concise it is

needed an Automated external defibrillator... the shocker on your chest to restart the heart

speculation of it being commotio cordis is an often lethal disruption of heart rhythm that occurs as a result of a blow to the area directly over the heart (the precordial region) at a critical time during the cycle of a heart beat, producing what is termed an R-on-T phenomenon that leads to the condition. It is a form of ventricular fibrillation (V-Fib), not mechanical damage to the heart muscle or surrounding organs, and not the result of heart disease. The survival rate is 58%, which is an increase in comparison to years 1993–2012, where only 34% victims survived. This increase is likely caused by the prompt CPR, access to defibrillation and higher public awareness of this condition.[1] Commotio cordis occurs mostly in boys and young men (average age 15), usually during sports, most frequently baseball, often despite a chest protector. It is usually caused by a projectile, but can also be caused by the blow of an elbow or other body part. Being less developed, the thorax of an adolescent is likely more prone to this injury given the circumstances.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

We are praying. We know that life is so precious.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

How do you continue to play??

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when Shazier made that hit……I was scared he was going to die. This reminds me of that.

- - - Updated - - -

So hoping he is alright!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Yeah. They gotta cancel this.

These guys are people first. No one should have to play right now.

I believe it is canceled at this point

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Players are taking pads off.

- - - Updated - - -

McDermott and Staley were shown on the phone with someone (Goodell)… and then a few players nodded (and took pads off).

My guess: they just got word that the game is canceled.

- - - Updated - - -

Skip Bayless is being ROASTED on Twitter.

Tricia Macke

@FOX19Tricia

I am told that Damar Hamlin has been intubated and is currently listed in critical condition. @fox19

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

- - - Updated - - -

McDermott and Staley were shown on the phone with someone (Goodell)… and then a few players nodded (and took pads off).

- - - Updated - - -

I’m sure his take is sensitive and nuanced.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

A tweet was posted in the Around the NFL section of this message board. A Cinncinati reporter is saying he has a heartbeat, but he is not breathing on his own.

Please go to that thread to read the tweet.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Bayless is a dipshit.

Game officially suspended.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Tricia Macke

@FOX19Tricia

I am told that Damar Hamlin has been intubated and is currently listed in critical condition. @fox19

Thanks for the updates brother.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

msnbc reports game over tonight
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Reminiscent of Hank Gathers.

My high school English teacher went to school with him; so, we were all fans of LMU for that season. Anyway…

anyone that hasnt seen it and would like to ...

here is a link but WARNING it will make you sick atleast it did me https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=...20harris%20jr.

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    msnbc reports game over tonight
    Yep! I really thought he died.

Hamlin is a local kid of sorts McKees Rocks ( Pittsburgh area ) and a 2nd year player from Pitt

Rumor is that the Bills called the game... and told the NFL to go f*ck themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Tee Higgins (who was involved in the collision) was distraught. Holy crap… I can’t imagine. (His mom came down into the lockerroom to console him.)

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

MSNBC reported back in the 70s in Detroit a player died in the game and the NFL said play on

50 years ago, Lions receiver Chuck Hughes became only NFL player to die during game

https://sidelionreport.com/2021/10/2...yer-die-field/
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

There are long reaching implications from this.

Rumor is that the Bills called the game... and told the NFL to go f*ck themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Tee Higgins (who was involved in the collision) was distraught. Holy crap… I can’t imagine. (His mom came down into the lockerroom to console him.)
    If that’s the case on the Bills reaction, they immediately become some of my favorite NFL people.

There is just so much awful about this.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I hope Hamlin makes it. I couldn't imagine how his family and teammates are dealing with this. I hope Tee Higgins is doing okay also.

- - - Updated - - -

If the bold is true , tonight I will have lost a ton of respect for the NFL and gained a Tom for the Bills

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I played ice hockey for years through D1. I have heard of stories like this in hockey where players get struck directly in the chest just in the right spot with a hard slap shot and it stops the heart. My guess is he got hit in that spot.

This really is horrible and I hope they can get him breathing on his own.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If that’s the case on the Bills reaction, they immediately become some of my favorite NFL people.

There is just so much awful about this.
    Yep....good for the Bills if they told the league office to basically shove it.

Outside of the Steelers getting in the playoffs this year and me obviously pulling for them while they are in it, the next team I will be pulling for (even before tonight) is the Bills. I have some friends that are longtime Bills fans, and that fan base deserves a Super Bowl title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    If the bold is true , tonight I will have lost a ton of respect for the NFL and gained a Tom for the Bills
    Similarly, the NFL told Zac Taylor he had 5 minutes to start playing. He walked across the field to speak with Sean McDermott… and they agreed to walk off the field.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Per his agent on twitter @jordonr

His(Hamlin) vitals are back to normal and they have put him to sleep to put a breathing tube down his throat. They are currently running test.

https://twitter.com/jordonr/status/1610116502845558784