Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heroes/Goats vs. Ravens

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Heroes/Goats vs. Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Heroes

Everyone wearing a black and gold jersey or coaching for them. This was the most complete game I have seen this team play in I don't know how many years. Throw out the stats and the low score. This is a Ravens-Steelers game, and we came to play.

Goat

My wife. I'm watching the game about ten real minutes behind. The Steelers just gave up the big return, and my wife says, "I just saw the score jump! I can't believe they just might do it!" Sigh. Well, my cardiologist sure appreciates her timing, at least.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Devin Bush played 5 of 52 defensive snaps.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/statu...90921918914565
    Pretty safe to assume he’s a goner. Mark Robinson did more in the first 5 plays than Bush did all season…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Heroes: Kenny, Najee/TJ, O-line and the defense as a whole.
    Goats are the fans who wanted the Steelers to lose the last 3-4 games to get a better pick.
    Yep! High draft picks are over rated……..at least for us.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Hand-size is overrated.

What they need to measure is the size of players’ balls.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Pretty safe to assume he’s a goner. Mark Robinson did more in the first 5 plays than Bush did all season…
    Agreed. Robinson is a player. If i was the coach Bush wouldn't see another snap, he's a liability.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Ball: Pickett, Spillane, Minka

Goat: The refs

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Ball: Pickett, Spillane, Minka

Goat: The refs
    Bad call on Cam almost cost us the game. Ravens we’re gifted that TD

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    But but but Kenny has tiny hands! He can't play in the cold and win against the AFC north! Oh wait
    Yup, I guess Malik Willis should have been the pick.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

No way TJ is at 100% and our schedule was more easier in the second half of the season,but the impact of Watt is still very big even if he is not at his best!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Absolutely. Sims has been getting better as a receiver.....but that throw by Kenny was unbelievable.
    We have come to expect that from Kenny. He will smile in the face of adversity. We embrace that.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    We have come to expect that from Kenny. He will smile in the face of adversity. We embrace that.

Thanks Coach T!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Brian Baldinger on Mark Robinson.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Brian Baldinger on Mark Robinson.

That shows more tackles than what the stat sheet said. Lol.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Nahjees foot, it seems finally healed the last few weeks . He's planting hard, driving hard earning yards.

Kenny, getting better every week.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That shows more tackles than what the stat sheet said. Lol.
    The antithesis of how they counted Ray Lewis’ tackles…

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Nahjees foot, it seems finally healed the last few weeks . He's planting hard, driving hard earning yards.

Kenny, getting better every week.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Najee has not only been planting hard and driving his legs In service of his own runs, but let’s not forget that he grabbed Pickett and helped drive him forward for the first down on a QB sneak. You gotta love the kid. He always strives to do whatever it takes to help us win.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

In regards to KP's hand size, the main concern is ball security, not the ability to pass the ball. Well, as much as "maintaining control while being hacked at while passing".

I did some reading and apparently he's at 8.6", Michael Vick had 8.5" and he was able to sling it pretty well in terms of throwing.
    Accuracy is another issue altogether.

In '89 while in the service, I was on a team that presented colors at the Quarter Backs Club in the DC are where I met a number of QBs, one of which was Marino. I shook hands with him and remember his hands being small and weak, he was able to pass the ball pretty well. I'm a little over 6'5".

I think too many people in NFL are too hung up on the classic measurements and therfore pass on players who can make it in the NFL. Look at Brock Purday for SF, he was passed up probably b/c he can lead the lollipop guild, but he seems to be doing well. Jury still out on him, but my point is that many viable players are passed on due to faulty assumptions based on physical traits.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    In regards to KP's hand size, the main concern is ball security, not the ability to pass the ball. Well, as much as "maintaining control while being hacked at while passing".

I did some reading and apparently he's at 8.6", Michael Vick had 8.5" and he was able to sling it pretty well in terms of throwing.
    Accuracy is another issue altogether.

In '89 while in the service, I was on a team that presented colors at the Quarter Backs Club in the DC are where I met a number of QBs, one of which was Marino. I shook hands with him and remember his hands being small and weak, he was able to pass the ball pretty well. I'm a little over 6'5".

I think too many people in NFL are too hung up on the classic measurements and therfore pass on players who can make it in the NFL. Look at Brock Purday for SF, he was passed up probably b/c he can lead the lollipop guild, but he seems to be doing well. Jury still out on him, but my point is that many viable players are passed on due to faulty assumptions based on physical traits.
    Good comparison with Marino. His hands were only 9" - small for a QB. KP's are 8.625", so not a lot of difference. I haven't seen any ball security issues from Pickett this year that concern me.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Good comparison with Marino. His hands were only 9" - small for a QB. KP's are 8.625", so not a lot of difference. I haven't seen any ball security issues from Pickett this year that concern me.
    Ball security is more about how he holds the ball, not so much hand size. I don't care how big your hands are, if a 260 lb edge rusher tomahawk chops that ball and you don't have it tucked, i don't care if you have 20" hands, you're dropping it
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Tomlin for keeping everyone "composed"

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Tomlin for keeping everyone "composed"
    Nobody go Frank The Tank on me is one of his greatest lines of all-time…

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

"Frank the Tank?" That was that bust Frank Summers' nickname - I wonder if there's a deeper meaning here...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    "Frank the Tank?" That was that bust Frank Summers' nickname - I wonder if there's a deeper meaning here...

Old School!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Old School!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    If you haven’t seen old School, you need to watch it…it’s one of the best comedies out there.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Tomlin is amazing...

Tshirt for that too

No, that's one thing that's great about him. I don't think he's fumbled the ball once has he? Maybe once if I remember correctly? For a rookie that is more than acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    No, that's one thing that's great about him. I don't think he's fumbled the ball once has he? Maybe once if I remember correctly? For a rookie that is more than acceptable.
    Fumbled twice vs the Eagles. We all like to forget that game