Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 17 around the NFL

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Re: Week 17 around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If I’m the Top-seed, I’m not looking to sit two weeks…that’s a huge disadvantage imo.
    You have to adapt and overcome. 2 weeks to rest at this point in season shouldn’t be a negative. SB teams break for 2, college even more before bowl games. Not ideal but considering the circumstances I say Cowboy up to any team having audacity to bitch.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Why not just cancel the game completely… and the Bills & Bengals base their seeding off of a 16 game season??? It would essentially equate to a “tie” for both teams.

The Bills could both still win the #1 seed, as long as the Chiefs lose. Yes, it sucks that the Bills no longer control their destiny (for the #1 seed) and the Bengals would have zero chance at the #1 seed… but, it is what it is.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    You have to adapt and overcome. 2 weeks to rest at this point in season shouldn’t be a negative. SB teams break for 2, college even more before bowl games. Not ideal but considering the circumstances I say Cowboy up to any team having audacity to bitch.
    But it is. How many times do we see teams test for one week and then come out rust or start slow. Two weeks? That’s ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Week 17 around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Why not just cancel the game completely… and the Bills & Bengals base their seeding off of a 16 game season??? It would essentially equate to a “tie” for both teams.

The Bills could both still win the #1 seed, as long as the Chiefs lose. Yes, it sucks that the Bills no longer control their destiny (for the #1 seed) and the Bengals would have zero chance at the #1 seed… but, it is what it is.
    If the Chiefs win the game between the Bengals and bills might be irrelevant anyway for the number one seed. If the Bills and Bengals wind up in the championship game flip a coin for who gets home-field advantage. They flip the coin in the past for things in the NFL. it’s not a big deal to do it now.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If the Chiefs win the game between the Bengals and bills might be irrelevant anyway for the number one seed. If the Bills and Bengals wind up in the championship game flip a coin for who gets home-field advantage. They flip the coin in the past for things in the NFL. it’s not a big deal to do it now.
    If the Chiefs beat the Raidahs, the Chiefs are the #1 seed.

But, if the Bills had been able to beat the Bengals and then beat the Taperiots, the Bills would have been the #1 seed. The Bills used to control their own destiny. Now… they don’t.

If the Chiefs lose, all is right again. So… expect the refs to call Orlando Brown fir at least seven holding calls.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think they should flip a coin to see who wins the Super Bowl!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Heads, I win... Tails, you lose.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If the Chiefs beat the Raidahs, the Chiefs are the #1 seed.

But, if the Bills had been able to beat the Bengals and then beat the Taperiots, the Bills would have been the #1 seed. The Bills used to control their own destiny. Now… they don’t.

If the Chiefs lose, all is right again. So… expect the refs to call Orlando Brown fir at least seven holding calls.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    They should…pretty much worked for the Jets season this year…all they way up to Week 10.

I'd rather a makeup game between the Bills and the Bengals(like in the post 68) than a coin flip

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I can't believe that I just heard that the NFL might allow the Bills to take this Sunday against the Pats off too. Seriously? Bad things happen every day and sometimes they affect us personally. But life goes on. It's part of being an adult. You know, the secretary down in accounting has a heart attack on the job or your coworker gets in a car wreck on the way into work and ends up in ICU or gets killed. It's tragic, but part of the healing process is moving forward with your routine. I still contend that they should've finished the game on Tuesday night, just like they handled covid in 2020. That was their best window to make it happen.

#Bills QB Josh Allen and Sean McDermott were asked if they're truly ready to play football.

Allen quickly answers: "I do. ... That's what Damar's dad wants. We can't not honor his request. Guys are excited to get out there."

Sean McDermott: "I do as well."

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...23713923026946