Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 17 around the NFL

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Week 17 around the NFL

How can they continue this game?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Game suspended

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The announcers said they had been working on him performing CPR for 9 minutes at the time they were going into another TV break.

Fucking horrible.....

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

He’s alive, but was put on oxygen.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So did he get speared in the chest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Pray for Damar Hamlin

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Watching these 3 is awkward and frustrating. They don’t know anything so keep saying the same thing over and over. Everyone pray for Damar Hamlin. Whatever happened it is bad. It is life threatening.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    He’s alive, but was put on oxygen.
    That’s a good sign, much better than under CPR.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

This young man is from McKees Rocks. Played safety at Pitt.

These 3 announcers should not have to fill air time. It's a no win situation.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    This young man is from McKees Rocks. Played safety at Pitt.

These 3 announcers should not have to fill air time. It's a no win situation.

Agreed. They did those announcers dirty by just hanging them out there.

Pray for him.

That’s just awful.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Game was officially suspended and rightfully so.

Praying for Damar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

My thoughts, prayers and love go out to him, his loved ones and every person who can call him a friend.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

It's hard sometimes appreciating all the guys across the league and all teams that play football for our entertainment. While NFL players can make great money, they do put themselves at physical risk, so I just want to say that I do appreciate all those that do play football and entertain us (even Ravens and Bengals players). That goes for all levels of football including college, high school, and junior leagues.

It was horrible for me to see that, so I can only imagine what it is like for his family, friends, and teammates.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ouch,this is just awful.Lucky for me I was already in my bed, otherwise I would have slept very badly

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

No way.They can't play an NFL game after just 2 days after something like that. No one will have the head in football

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    No way.They can't play an NFL game after just 2 days after something like that. No one will have the head in football

I agree. That’s asking way too much of two teams. Move on from this game. Not sure how Buffalo could even prepare for the game against the Patriots.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

The leagues got no easy out for this. How do they squeeze in the extra game without really screwing up the playoffs and seeding?

It's horrible for him and his family. Based on the video it's not really possible to say the hit caused his arrest. Lots of young athletes dropping lately

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Week 17 around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    The leagues got no easy out for this. How do they squeeze in the extra game without really screwing up the playoffs and seeding?

It's horrible for him and his family. Based on the video it's not really possible to say the hit caused his arrest. Lots of young athletes dropping lately

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    You just skip it. It’s justified. Move the Bengals and Bills respective Week 18 games to Monday.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    You just skip it. It’s justified. Move the Bengals and Bills respective Week 18 games to Monday.
    I don't think you can keep competitive fairness if they don't play the game. Too much at stake. I know it's the "right" thing to say that we're not concerned about playing the game right now, but it's got to be somebody's job to think about it. It's a bad situation, but the world goes on. Everyone is just afraid of looking insensitive if they talk about it.

Week 17 around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I don't think you can keep competitive fairness if they don't play the game. Too much at stake. I know it's the "right" thing to say that we're not concerned about playing the game right now, but it's got to be somebody's job to think about it. It's a bad situation, but the world goes on. Everyone is just afraid of looking insensitive if they talk about it.
    So do you give the whole league a bye week and let the Bengals and Bills play and then one or both of them has to play again the following week and the Chiefs get two weeks off? That’s not really fair to the Chiefs, Bengals or Bills in that case. Or do you make the Bengals and Bills play three games in less than two weeks? If the league and both teams think it’s fair to just scrap it, where’s the lack of competitive fairness?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Goodell makes $50M a year. It’s his job to figure it out. How do you even know who gets the bye in the AFC since three teams are in contention? Or even who wins the AFCN?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I think they should’ve played the game tonight. It was their best window. It’s how they handled it with covid in 2020.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

IMO, the only way to settle it at this point is to push the postseason back a week, have the Bengals and Bills play out the rest of the game that was postponed and reduce the time between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl to one week.

Fairness? Brady already has a home WC game guaranteed despite being 8-8 thanks to the shitty division he plays in (gee, what a switch from the two decades he spent in the AFC Least, huh?) while the 8-8 Steelers not only have to beat the Browns on Sunday, but have to depend on the Jets and Bills for help to qualify for a road WC game, more than likely in KC where they will more than likely get boat raced (again). So spare me the "fairness" argument.

Some team or another generally gets screwed by the NFL's playoff format more years than not.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    IMO, the only way to settle it at this point is to push the postseason back a week, have the Bengals and Bills play out the rest of the game that was postponed and reduce the time between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl to one week.

Fairness? Brady already has a home WC game guaranteed despite being 8-8 thanks to the shitty division he plays in (gee, what a switch from the two decades he spent in the AFC Least, huh?) while the 8-8 Steelers not only have to beat the Browns on Sunday, but have to depend on the Jets and Bills for help to qualify for a road WC game, more than likely in KC where they will more than likely get boat raced (again). So spare me the "fairness" argument.

Some team or another generally gets screwed by the NFL's playoff format more years than not.
    So you give every team a bye before playoffs and the Chiefs and Eagles have to sit 2 weeks?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So you give every team a bye before playoffs and the Chiefs and Eagles have to sit 2 weeks?
    Yes. The Bills/Bengals game is too important to vacate, IMO.

Agree. Hopefully the NFL doesn't drag their feet. I realize yesterday and even today wasn't the appropriate time to address the issue, but by tomorrow they should announce the schedule. I mean, it's a multi-billion dollar operation. There are people who are paid to come up with these contingencies. Like the $50 million dollar man himself.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Agree. Hopefully the NFL doesn't drag their feet. I realize yesterday and even today wasn't the appropriate time to address the issue, but by tomorrow they should announce the schedule. I mean, it's a multi-billion dollar operation. There are people who are paid to come up with these contingencies. Like the $50 million dollar man himself.
    Not too many options. Play regular schedules this weekend, make up game the following Saturday. Playoffs start following week. Who’s going to gripe about getting healthy for an extra week (2 for bye teams)

If I’m the Top-seed, I’m not looking to sit two weeks…that’s a huge disadvantage imo.