Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will We Win Again This Season?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Will We Win Again This Season?

3 of last 4 games on the road, not sure if we will be favored in any of them.

Tomlin's non-losing seasons streak could be in jeopardy...

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

Re: Will We Win Again This Season?

It should be. This stupid, meaningless non-losing streak has become an annoying distraction.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

The Strong Force. The Weak Force. Gravity. Magnetism. Tomlin's ability to pull out a non-losing season. It's a fundamental force of the universe. Tomlin will find a way.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Mediocre is the standard

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’m sure they will. I hope they don’t. Rather have a better draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Yeah we'll win 2 more to go 9-8. Haven’t you been paying attention?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm not sure we do win one of these final 4 games. If we do win one it will be vs the Ravens.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Jeff Fisher 2.0
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

That loss was pretty big for this team, well the last 2 actually. If we would have won them we are comfortably in the drivers seat for the playoffs AND possibly the division AND (as crazy as it sounds) the top seed (currently held by Baltimore). That is how bad those losses were. I honestly can’t see us winning anymore games this season based on the last 2 games, but that is where we would be if we didn’t have 2 Tomlin specials in a row. Probably a different locker room going into next week at 9-4 then tied with 6 other teams at 7-6. Our playoff window is still in our hands, but as many here have stated, I would rather get a higher draft pick at this point.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

What would making the playoffs get you?

I hate to say it, but I wanted only one thing out of this season....either the offense to amaze everyone and succeed beyond any expectations or it to be bad enough that they got rid of Canada at some point between the start of this season the start of the next one.

That happened. Anything else is just gravy.

And the continued cratering of the team might finally force the Steelers to do a top to bottom review and admit that "competing" every year is handicapping them from actually building a multi-year playoff threat.

For instance, they "compete" by taking time to get guys like JPJ, Brod Jones, etc onto the field. I get that. But what if you just didn't do that? Would you lose more? Most likely. But would those guys get better quicker? I have no idea...but what if the answer was yes?

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

I will always root for us to win. We did fine on the draft last year. I still have confidence in Kahn.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    I will always root for us to win. We did fine on the draft last year. I still have confidence in Kahn.
    problem is the prior 5 drafts how many players did we manage to keep on the roster that were worthwhile

2019 draft 1 player remains .......

2020 draft 2 remain if you count McFarland who contributes nothing

2021 5 out of 9 but not all of them deserve a roster spot ( see Harvin , Loudermilk and some may argue Dan Moore Jr)

2021 5 out of 9 but not all of them deserve a roster spot ( see Harvin , Loudermilk and some may argue Dan Moore Jr)
    It's obviously too early to be certain, especially given the offensive issues, but it could be argued that the only "hit" of the '22 draft might be George Pickens.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
    It's obviously too early to be certain, especially given the offensive issues, but it could be argued that the only "hit" of the '22 draft might be George Pickens.

I think Austin could be if they showed more interest in using him other than jet sweeps and bubble screens

I think Austin could be if they showed more interest in using him other than jet sweeps and bubble screens
    It's impossible to tell with this offense, that's for damn sure.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    What would making the playoffs get you?
    A blowout loss against the Swifties, that's what.

Well, that and another year of Tomlin with NO fire under his ass.

The problem here isn't just Pickett or Trubisky or Canada, much as it pains me to say that. It is a complete lack of direction or focus that has been going on for ages but is no longer being covered up by amazing talent. I mean, we have some guys like Watt and Fitzpatrick that try to, and sometimes they pull a rabbit out of the hat, but not nearly enough to make a serious contender.

What's most telling is the way that players used to leave the Steelers and would almost always be less successful somewhere else, but lately it's been more of the opposite. Sure, not everyone leaves and tears it up on another team, but it's more than it used to be. Why are there these offensive linemen who sucked shit for us so badly that we dumped them, and now they're suddenly competent on other teams? Why does EVERY backup QB for the past several years come in and play not just bad, but comically, slam-your-dick-in-the-door, dead-last-even-among-backups bad, and other teams at least have someone who can come in and look like he can throw the ball forward? Even Trubisky wasn't THIS bad before. Why are the only good DBs the ones we get from other teams? No offense to JPJ, but he'll probably still be making rookie mistakes five years from now and trying to compensate with raw talent. Why do so many substitutes look completely lost, more than you can explain by just not having the same talent as the starter? Why is there always a dogshit O-Line no matter how much we invest in it, unless Munchak is the coach?

Seriously. Is anyone even coaching these guys at all? There is enough talent on the roster that this team ought to have potential, more than this anyway. But that's kind of been the theme for years now. We start with a lot of talent and get random results by shooting from the hip. The sour attitude coming from the locker room makes it sound like there's zero discipline and a lot of self-interest and not being on the same page. As if they think they're going to win just with swagger. Well it's not much fun to watch anymore, and even less fun when you can see it coming and know exactly why.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

problem is the prior 5 drafts how many players did we manage to keep on the roster that were worthwhile
    True but the mighty KHHHAAAAAANNNNNN isn't responsible for those other drafts.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Well, Kevin Dotson is playing at a Pro Bowl level now that he is no longer with the Steelers. So there is that.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Well, Kevin Dotson is playing at a Pro Bowl level now that he is no longer with the Steelers. So there is that.
    I look forward to the day Pat Meyers is fired almost as much as I did Canada leaving.

Maybe at like a Jordan Dangerfield level of excitement when he gets canned.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Kevin Dotson was a very good OG for us before he was dealing with the ankle injury. His last year here he was a penalty machine. I’m glad to see him performing so well again.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I look forward to the day Pat Meyers is fired almost as much as I did Canada leaving.

Maybe at like a Jordan Dangerfield level of excitement when he gets canned.

Lots of penalties.

Scrapping blocking schemes he was working on all training camp and preseason only to see that the OL can't execute the scheme mid-season.

What appears to be nearly a complete inability to run a screen pass because nobody seems to understand what to do or the timing of the play.

Blown assignments in pass protections far too often.

What's the problem?

Member Array title="Pastrami will become famous soon enough"> Pastrami's Avatar

I see 1-3 or 0-4 down the stretch. Some of the players are just going thru the motions.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers report card: Another lifeless performance sends Steelers home outside of postseason race

RAY FITTIPALDO
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    DEC 16, 2023

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202312120132

Senior Member Array title="feltdizz has much to be proud of">

haha.. I made a “I don’t see us losing” thread on PS before the Arizona game and I’m getting roasted for it on another board. I didn’t think Mitch would be playing in these games. If we get Kenny ack this year we will win again but if we lose vs Cincy next week we may shut things down for the year.

Damn shame.. but once Kenny went down I think the team lost all hope.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 12-17-2023 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    haha.. I made a “I don’t see us losing” thread on PS before the Arizona game and I’m getting roasted for it on another board. I didn’t think Mitch would be playing in these games. If we get Kenny ack this year we will win again but if we lose vs Cincy next week we may shut things down for the year.

Damn shame.. but once Kenny went down I think the team lost all hope.
    Yeah, because Kenny absolutely FILLED the organization with hope.

https://x.com/NFLonCBS/status/1736507665121976552?s=20

Senior Member Array title="feltdizz has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
    Yeah, because Kenny absolutely FILLED the organization with hope.

definitely more hope than Mitch.

Not sure what your point is, regardless of stats, we were in most games with Kenny and he had about 7 fourth quarter wins.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    definitely more hope than Mitch.

Not sure what your point is, regardless of stats, we were in most games with Kenny and he had about 7 fourth quarter wins.
    My point is that Kenny is part of the problem. Is he better than Mitch? Appears to be, but that's really not saying much.