Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 more loss

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: 1 more loss

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Mincak was not a typical Steelers move . I realize that was made in a win now situation, but it still shows they are willing to try thinking outside the box

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    This one is true…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I get that you’re angry and frustrated but if the Steelers sign one of the top rated FAs at a position for the first time in forever, it’s still not “business as usual”.

If on top of that, Khan was able to get this highly rated FA to agree to a team friendly deal - how is that somehow a bad thing.

And all FA classes are bad. That’s why their allowed to hit FA.

The harsh reality is that they have changed their approach but it’s still yielding uneven and slow results. Because that’s how this works. There is no magic wand.
    “Top-Rated” in a bunch of middle of the road guards is still middle of the road. Not exactly out of the box…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    “Top-Rated” in a bunch of middle of the road guards is still middle of the road. Not exactly out of the box…
    Sure. I would agree that FA is not usually full of really well rated players - that is why they are FA's.

But the bottom line is that even if we all think he sucks, the Steelers signed one of the roughly top 3-4 guards in the class, the second rated C in the FA class, and top 10 CBs by contract $$.

If those guys are any good or if that route in FA in even a viable strategy for getting "good" players is a separate discussion.

The Steelers were #10 in FA spending in the 2022 off-season. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/offseason/

That is just not the way they have done things for like 15 years.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    You guys act like the coaches and players talk about this. They don’t. Fans on the internet and supposed experts on TV talk about it.

It’s just noise.
    Since last week many players of the steelers talk about wanting to avoid the first losing season for Tomlin

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If anyone can pull it off, it's Tomlin...

- - - Updated - - -

Plus 9-8 probably keeps them in the hunt for the playoffs until week 18. I'd like that, just for the drama. There's a lot of choker teams out there, like the Chargers and Jets.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Since last week many players of the steelers talk about wanting to avoid the first losing season for Tomlin
    I saw that. But the earlier discussion seemed to be about posters being annoyed that “no losing seasons = success”.

I’ve not seen players say that. They just don’t want to let their coach down and be linked to failure.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Plus 9-8 probably keeps them in the hunt until week 18. I'd like that, just for the drama.
    They also can be out for the playoffs before the game against the raiders if the pats and chargers want their next 2 games.....

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Plus 9-8 probably keeps them in the hunt for the playoffs until week 18. I'd like that, just for the drama. There's a lot of choker teams out there, like the Chargers and Jets.
    Honestly, the Browns are playing good football and the Ravens should have Lamar back for the next game. Steelers are better off not finishing above .500 and getting the best draft pick.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Honestly, the Browns are playing good football and the Ravens should have Lamar back for the next game. Steelers are better off not finishing above .500 and getting the best draft pick.
    So they can take a good WR? haha

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

So they can take a good WR? haha
    Thats on them, but lots of talent needed and a top 10 pick would not be the worst thing to have.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Bump...

- - - Updated - - -

Like the Jets…

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Then people can finally shut the hell up about non losing seasons
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    This is true and I said in a another thread that they need a fire sale and have a true rebuilding
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Sadly that's probably true. Literally every position on the team is a 'need' position other than S, TE, and QB, and maybe RB
    RB will be a need by the time they fill other positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Everybody puts the draft on the GM, but there is an entire scouting department that is part of the evaluation process and also coaching staff that has input during the pre draft process.

I am thinking that the Steelers should still have a top 8 pick in the draft, but the mind blowing question that will happen in the spring is ....What if CJ Stroud is on the board when the Steelers pick?

These didn't age well ...

NOTE: I'm not picking on anyone, I say plenty of stupid shit that doesn't age well. I just missed this thread or I'm sure I would have had some nuggets in here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    These didn't age well ...

NOTE: I'm not picking on anyone, I say plenty of stupid shit that doesn't age well. I just missed this thread or I'm sure I would have had some nuggets in here as well.
    In my defense, I still have plenty of time as they are still in the rebuilding process…if they don’t get it right in 2-3 years, RB would be a need…

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

In my defense, I still have plenty of time as they are still in the rebuilding process…if they don’t get it right in 2-3 years, RB would be a need…
    Even if they do get it right, RB will still be a need in 3-4 years. Re-signing RBs to fat contracts is not going to happen.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

As Tube said, you really do need a RB every 3-4 years anyhow because that position just gets the tar beat out of them especially in the Steelers offense. All the more reason to go all in on FA's this year and try to win in the Pickett/Harris rookie contract windows.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    As Tube said, you really do need a RB every 3-4 years anyhow because that position just gets the tar beat out of them especially in the Steelers offense. All the more reason to go all in on FA's this year and try to win in the Pickett/Harris rookie contract windows.
    Exactly. By the time they fill these needs and get right, the RB will be a need…unless they get it right in 2023 or 2024.