Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Panthers are expected to release QB Baker Mayfield

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Panthers are expected to release QB Baker Mayfield

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: The Panthers are expected to release QB Baker Mayfield

B-b-b-b-b-b-but since Baker beat Ben in that playoff game, Baker is the GOAT!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rams gonna cock-block them…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Rams gonna cock-block them…
    or the seahawks.....

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Skippy the man who said every teem that passed on Johnny football would regret it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I406eKHY044
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    Skippy the man who said every teem that passed on Johnny football would regret it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I406eKHY044
    One of the worst take of all-time but this is maybe not the worst for Skip!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Plus he was Sooooo accurate in college, remember? A guy that was that accurate in college should turn out to be a good NFL QB, while a guy like Josh Allen that had a less than 60% completion percentage is destined to be a failure.

I bet nobody saw this kind of career trajectory for Baker.

The completion percentage is the most meaningless stats for a QB....A checkdown for 3 yards in a 3rd and 7 means nothing

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Big hands are the number one predictor of QB success.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

getting run out of town by sam darnold, that's an all time low lol
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Plus he was Sooooo accurate in college, remember? A guy that was that accurate in college should turn out to be a good NFL QB, while a guy like Josh Allen that had a less than 60% completion percentage is destined to be a failure.

I bet nobody saw this kind of career trajectory for Baker.
    That really just shows how big of a crap shoot the draft is. You never know what player will step up and be a good NFL player, regardless of college stardom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    One of the worst take of all-time but this is maybe not the worst for Skip!
    I remember a can't miss LT that was drafted #1.... that every team in the NFL wanted. He turned out to be a bust..... the same year Big Ben was drafted.... and I wanted Ben. And so goes the tale of the Raiders.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    That really just shows how big of a crap shoot the draft is. You never know what player will step up and be a good NFL player, regardless of college stardom.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember a can't miss LT that was drafted #1.... that every team in the NFL wanted. He turned out to be a bust..... the same year Big Ben was drafted.... and I wanted Ben. And so goes the tale of the Raiders.
    I also remember Orlando Pace who was one of the most dominant LT's of all time. Though I agree, the draft always has its shares of busts and surprises.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Uh.... doesnt this make losing to Baker worse?! Bortles all over again. Tomlin keeps giving up 40+ to NFL QBs who are out of the league in 2 years. Both were home games too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Big hands are the number one predictor of QB success.
    The Steelers should have drafted Shaq! Would have been the GOAT!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Uh.... doesnt this make losing to Baker worse?! Bortles all over again. Tomlin keeps giving up 40+ to NFL QBs who are out of the league in 2 years. Both were home games too.

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers should have drafted Shaq! Would have been the GOAT!
    Guess that would make a lot of coaches terrible…lol.

The rams...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I always thought that Mayfield's game looked more like Bruce Gradkowski than it did Drew Brees. Maybe McVay can do something different with him that will be successful, or else he is going to be holding a clip board for most of his remaining career.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

The Rams are desperate. I don't see this ending well.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

This may be an unpopular opinion, but…I feel for Baker. I think he laid it out for Cleveland, especially playing while injured last year, and they shit in his face. Yeah, he may not be a Tier One QB, but he was the best quarterback that shitty franchise had in years and was the face of the franchise during his tenure there. If he was thinking only of himself he would have shut down last year rather than playing injured. But he didn’t, and Cleveland rewarded him by signing Watson.

He can be a dick at times (like many QB’s), but he does not give up. But he likely ruined his career last year for a shit franchise that will never sniff a Lombardi. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    This may be an unpopular opinion, but…I feel for Baker. I think he laid it out for Cleveland, especially playing while injured last year, and they shit in his face. Yeah, he may not be a Tier One QB, but he was the best quarterback that shitty franchise had in years and was the face of the franchise during his tenure there. If he was thinking only of himself he would have shut down last year rather than playing injured. But he didn’t, and Cleveland rewarded him by signing Watson.

He can be a dick at times (like many QB’s), but he does not give up. But he likely ruined his career last year for a shit franchise that will never sniff a Lombardi. Sad.
    I won't agree with you here. The Browns did Baker wrong...

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I have to agree. I think that if Baker shuts it down last year, there's still a chance he's with the Browns. Of course Jimmy Haslam is an ass hat, so that's not a guarantee.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

How many good players have to speak out about not wanting to play with Mayfield, before people will accept that Mayfield is the problem?

When Baker Mayfield has a 29 passer rating in the 4th quarter, how can it not be seen that he has a history of not playing well when the pressure is on? Baker Mayfield is the reason that he was on the waiver wire, not anybody else.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

For anyone interested, Mayfield asked for his release. The Panthers did him a solid and granted it.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    For anyone interested, Mayfield asked for his release. The Panthers did him a solid and granted it.
    Does that paint him in a better light, or worse?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Does that paint him in a better light, or worse?
    I don’t know. I doubt it moves the needle either way.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    How many good players have to speak out about not wanting to play with Mayfield, before people will accept that Mayfield is the problem?

When Baker Mayfield has a 29 passer rating in the 4th quarter, how can it not be seen that he has a history of not playing well when the pressure is on? Baker Mayfield is the reason that he was on the waiver wire, not anybody else.

I wonder if he's still feeling dangerous?

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

He was hoping 49ers. But Rams got in the way

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    He was hoping 49ers. But Rams got in the way

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Who are the Rams starting right now?

Who are the Rams starting right now?
    Baker Mayfield…

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Say what You want about the guy but one of the most unbelievable performances ever tonight on 2 days with team. Wow!