Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Panthers are expected to release QB Baker Mayfield

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: The Panthers are expected to release QB Baker Mayfield

Hard not to root for the guy. He does whatever and seems to never complain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Hard not to root for the guy. He does whatever and seems to never complain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True, great interview after game as well. Hard to believe “guys don’t want to play with him” lol.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Wow!

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Good for Baker. He's a likable guy. He's got heart. Gave the Browns more success than they've had in decades and they bailed on him after he played most of a season with a bad injury. He deserved a chance to show a little magic. Baker isn't a superstar, but he's solid if he's got a decent cast around him. 98 yards with no timeouts and a perfect deep throw to win before the clock runs out? That's no joke. Ya know, with a spinal cord injury after a 14 year career (most of it getting battered in Detroit) and a Superbowl win under his belt, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Stafford could say...nah, I'm good, I'm done. I don't think that will happen but it's possible. Baker might make himself really useful out there in LA

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Needs a new schtick.

“On The Road With Baker Mayfield”

Leaves Cleveland via RV. Stops at various tourist traps, ends up in Charlotte. Spends a couple months, decides the country life ain’t for him and the missus, and takes off for LA like the Clampetts.

After Stafford returns, they’ll fuel up the RV and head somewhere else lol.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I’m just hoping Baker goes on to have a really good career and Watson fails to ever make the playoffs with the Browns. None of that helps me a bit but sure would be fun to watch.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I’m just hoping Baker goes on to have a really good career and Watson fails to ever make the playoffs with the Browns. None of that helps me a bit but sure would be fun to watch.
    That it would. Especially if they played in a Week 17 game and a Stains loss knocked them out of the post-season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    That it would. Especially if they played in a Week 17 game and a Stains loss knocked them out of the post-season.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Needs a new schtick.

“On The Road With Baker Mayfield”

Leaves Cleveland via RV. Stops at various tourist traps, ends up in Charlotte. Spends a couple months, decides the country life ain’t for him and the missus, and takes off for LA like the Clampetts.

After Stafford returns, they’ll fuel up the RV and head somewhere else lol.
    Cool idea. The previous commercials were hysterical.... I love that he even got his wife in some of them. They should definitely find a way to keep those going.