Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 13: Ravens Round 1

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 13: Ravens Round 1

Throw all records out. Its going down to the end.

The Ravens may be without Lamar, which to me doesn't bode well for the Steelers. Tyler Huntley is a better quarterback.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 13: Ravens Round 1

Huntley had been awful against the steelers last year in week 18....

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2201090rav.htm

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

The Ravens may be without Lamar, which to me doesn't bode well for the Steelers. Tyler Huntley is a better quarterback.
    You're joking right?

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Well, this is NOT where I’d thought this game would be back in Week One, but here we are.

I truly am clueless about where (and what) the Ravens are right now. Early on they were scoring points at will, and giving them up at will as well. Then the defense clamped down (especially with Roquan Smith) while the offense started to become lackluster. Now everyone but Tucker seems to have issues. The OL was a porous sieve yesterday. They can’t open a hole for a RB at all. The secondary gives up inane yards on lob passes (they made Wilson, who has blown all year, look halfway decent yesterday). Roman’s playcalling sucks (we hear Fire Roman! as much as you hear Fire Canada!). The Ravens are 8-4 and look like a 4-8 team. A 27-7 loss would not surprise me. Not. One. Bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    You're joking right?
    Lamar Jackson is so underrated on this board and by steelers fan overall....Jackson has some issue and he has not been very good since week 4 this year but Huntley the better QB?...This is way too far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Well, this is NOT where I’d thought this game would be back in Week One, but here we are.

I truly am clueless about where (and what) the Ravens are right now. Early on they were scoring points at will, and giving them up at will as well. Then the defense clamped down (especially with Roquan Smith) while the offense started to become lackluster. Now everyone but Tucker seems to have issues. The OL was a porous sieve yesterday. They can’t open a hole for a RB at all. The secondary gives up inane yards on lob passes (they made Wilson, who has blown all year, look halfway decent yesterday). Roman’s playcalling sucks (we hear Fire Roman! as much as you hear Fire Canada!). The Ravens are 8-4 and look like a 4-8 team. A 27-7 loss would not surprise me. Not. One. Bit.
    This is likely to be a 3-4 points game as this is very often the case between his 2 teams in the Harbaugh vs Tomlin matchup since 2008....The steelers won the last 4 games vs Ravens,all very close game

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

We’ll see. I’m not that hopeful.

The steelers have only won twice by 10 points or more against the ravens under Harbaugh!(2014 and 2017)...And they still have a winning record,so his matchup are for the most part always close

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Steelers 27-22

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Lol... I've said the same thing and got laughed at. I still stand by it.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Tyler Huntley is 1-3 as the Ravens starting QB and went 16/31 for only 141 yds, 0 TDs with 2 interceptions when he played against us last year.

he's not better than Lamar Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Huntley is better that Jackson at what?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Literally nothing. Or at least nothing related to being an NFL QB.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    We’ll see. I’m not that hopeful.
    I honestly don't know what to think of the Ravens this year. At times they look unbeatable, and then other times it's like what the hell am I watching?

I think we split with the Ravens this year, it's one of those matchups where you throw the records out the window, it's gonna be a game decided by one score and a nail biter at the end.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Steelers are 3 point favorites.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Steelers are 3 point favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    For the second week in a row but for the only the 3rd time this year!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

For the second week in a row but for the only the 3rd time this year!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    I honestly don't know what to think of the Ravens this year. At times they look unbeatable, and then other times it's like what the hell am I watching?

I think we split with the Ravens this year, it's one of those matchups where you throw the records out the window, it's gonna be a game decided by one score and a nail biter at the end.
    We could be 0-13 or 13-0 going into match with the Ravens and an exact opposite record, and we'd either win or lose by less than 7 points. I love these games but my cardiologist hates these games for me.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I'm hoping they get down and dirty in this game. I just don't want any of our players to get hurt. Kenny must be protected at all costs. I think the Steelers will take this one.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Having Lamar on my fantasy team, I have watched most of his games. He has regressed as a passer completely and doesn’t run as often as past seasons. His accuracy is just horrible this season, it never has been great but is just worse this season.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

We should have the edge since it’s at home but Watt is not close to 100 percent and I’m afraid Huntley may be able to do some damage. Yeah KP is coming on but I still don’t trust our offense, specially against a good team. I doubt we win in Baltimore so maybe with a little luck we squeak by this week

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Huntley is not a good QB wtf are you people smokin?

I still waiting......

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Report: Lamar Jackson has a sprained PCL in knee

Posted by Myles Simmons on December 6, 2022

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-pcl-in-knee/

I still waiting......
    Mason Rudolph has more impressive stats than Huntley

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I still waiting......
    Lol... I'm allowed to have my own opinion, right? I owe you no answer... ��

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Lol... I'm allowed to have my own opinion, right? I owe you no answer... ��
    When we do takes like that, we need to say why since some steelers fans (not just in the board) act as if Lamar is a scrub....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

nvrmnd

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

When we do takes like that, we need to say why since some steelers fans (not just in the board) act as if Lamar is a scrub....
    Lamar Jackson is nowhere near a "scrub". He's an incredible athlete and must be accounted for every time he steps on the field.. He's just not a good Quarterback. He has his clear (and glaring) limitations that he overcomes with his mobility and athleticism, and Greg Roman tries very hard to hide away. He doesn't throw the ball very well, and is mediocre when he is forced to make throws. There's a reason why the Ravens aren't bending over backward to break the bank for him despite an MVP campaign in 2019.

Steelers fans have lived through the years of Kordell Stewart. Howitzer arm, could run like nobody else, but when the playoffs came and he was required to do a little more than what he did, he consistently faceplanted. His flaws consistently showed up and magnified. Kordell was not a sharp thrower of the football and made bad decisions resulting in lots of turnovers.

Now Tyler Huntley being "better" than Lamar doesn't say much, Huntley isn't great but he is a better in terms of quarterbacking and I see him as more of a danger to the Steelers.
    Last edited by Edman; 12-06-2022 at 07:02 PM.

Jackson's numbers aren't that far off of Josh Allen's when you look at the numbers on paper. A little less in pass yards, better QB-rating, more wins, better Y/A, less TDs, a lot less INTs, better completion percentage, less Y/G, better QB Rating, more rushing yards, less rushing TDs. 11 less games started than Allen. Allen throws a better looking ball, has a stronger arm but the end results are pretty close. You take out the 11 games Allen played in 2018 and the numbers are even closer. Showing the numbers to an "innocent bystander" and have them choose one or the other to QB their team, I'd be willing to bet that it is close enough that it would come down to wins.

To say he's terrible and not a QB when his numbers compare to what everyone wants to call the gold standard is a bit ignorant. It's hard to argue when the production is there...