Thread: Heroes/Goats vs Falcons

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Heroes/Goats vs Falcons

Heroes: Pickett, Najee Harris, Benny Snell, Offensive Line Run blocking, Pressley Harvin, Minkah

Goats: Canada nearly outsmarted himself again, Diontae Johnson, Steven Sims had a rough game.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Heroes/Goats vs Falcons

Love for Puntus Maximus!

- - - Updated - - -

And I love the heads up selfless play by Minkah. Probably could have gone for the TD but chose a guaranteed win instead.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Gameballs: Pickett, Harris, O-Line, TE group, Minkah, Cam Sutton.

Goats: WRs (they were terrible), Run defense.

Honorable Mention to the Heywards!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Matthew Wright gets a gameball along with Najee and the o line for their run blocking

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Today's game wasn't over until Minkah said it was over! Everyone, including the coaching staff, had a good game with the exception of Diontae Johnson.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Wright gets the ball and Run game

Play calling might be the goat. 4 FGs and 19 points is crap against a defense giving up the most pass plays over 20 yds.

I mean Canada make a plan involving your deep guy early

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Wright gets the ball and Run game

Play calling might be the goat. 4 FGs and 19 points is crap against a defense giving up the most pass plays over 20 yds.

I mean Canada make a plan involving your deep guy early

For the offense,19 points is very misleading, since in this game the steelers only had 7 drives in offense(only 2 punts and 0 turnover)... Lots of long drives for both teams in this game

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Gameballs: Pickett, Harris, O-Line, TE group, Minkah, Cam Sutton.

Goats: WRs (they were terrible), Run defense.

Honorable Mention to the Heywards!

I missed game, how many drops?

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Gameball to KP, Najee, defense as a whole, Harvin and Wright, Watt (Derek)

goats: DJ and Canada (running plays for DJ at the expense of Pickens, just stupid), whoever is letting TJ play, he’s not ready and he can only make his injury worse

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I missed game, how many drops?
    DJ had some bad drops and almost a fumble (overturned). One in the EZ that GP would have made 1000000x. To be fair, had had some decent catches also, and ran NS instead of backwards. They targeted Pickens maybe 2x and he was getting visibly frustrated. Muth had a very good game.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Game balls to The O-line, Pickett, Muth, Najee and Fitzpatrick.
    Goats- the coaching staff for going into turtle mode the 2nd half, the receiving corp with the exception of Muth and a pathetic showing by every LB who suited up.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    DJ had some bad drops and almost a fumble (overturned). One in the EZ that GP would have made 1000000x. To be fair, had had some decent catches also, and ran NS instead of backwards. They targeted Pickens maybe 2x and he was getting visibly frustrated. Muth had a very good game.
    DJ also had a dumb penalty/false start. For every good play he makes he goes boneheaded in another play. He got saved by that overturned call. It was a fumble but they called it incomplete.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Thanks for the report. Hopefully Pickens got his point across, not holding my breath tho.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    For the offense,19 points is very misleading, since in this game the steelers only had 7 drives in offense(only 2 punts and 0 turnover)... Lots of long drives for both teams in this game
    Canada is the master of 18 play drives that go 60 yards for a FG

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Canada is the master of 18 play drives that go 60 yards for a FG

No doubt....so few big plays of the steelers....Today was the first time in 21 games they had a play of over 50 yards!....Also the steelers have the most 10 plays drive in the league,who can be good but also very bad

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    DJ also had a dumb penalty/false start. For every good play he makes he goes boneheaded in another play. He got saved by that overturned call. It was a fumble but they called it incomplete.

Those penalties are always huge too. Like today.....they're in the red zone with a manageable yardage to pickup the first down. The idiot false starts, and it ends up being a long third down play that comes up short and they have to kick a field goal.

The most aggravating part is that WR's don't go on sound in loud conditions. They are coached to look in and go on the snap because they are so far away from the QB. All he has to do is watch the ball get snapped, yet he does the same thing over and over and over again.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Those penalties are always huge too. Like today.....they're in the red zone with a manageable yardage to pickup the first down. The idiot false starts, and it ends up being a long third down play that comes up short and they have to kick a field goal.

The most aggravating part is that WR's don't go on sound in loud conditions. They are coached to look in and go on the snap because they are so far away from the QB. All he has to do is watch the ball get snapped, yet he does the same thing over and over and over again.
    He flinched when the slot guy went in motion. You could tell he knew it immediately. Bad penalty.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    He flinched when the slot guy went in motion. You could tell he knew it immediately. Bad penalty.

I know. That's my point. He knows the play. He knows there could or will be motion. His job is to stare at the football and only move when the ball moves.

He constantly has mental breakdowns during games.

He also runs wrong routes.

He quits on routes and will just stop running.

That guy CANNOT be your #1 WR.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Game balls: Najee, Harvin, 1st half Pickett, Fitz, Muth, Special Teams.

Goats: TJ for second week in a row. Total non-factor. Zero. Second half Canada.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not sure Oickens would’ve made that catch at that stage. Lots of lazy routes and looks out there by Pickens.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Kirby Puckett
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

The Pickens vs DJ thing is just growing pains for a young QB. Honestly, I never put much stock in the Ben reaching out to Kenny talk. Or vice versa. Ben had to find his own way as a young QB. And I think Kenny's personality is such that he would expect to have to figure things out on his own as well. But, the one area where Kenny might be wise, if the opportunity arises, to seek the council of the 0le #7 is in how to handle the 1 ball multiple hands want it situation. Difficult enough when you are an established player with pro bowls and playoff success. A real challenge I suspect when you don't have any of that on your resume. I also don't think coaches can really help a young qb much with that dilemma, because most coaches wouldn't be able to see it from a player's perspective.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    The Pickens vs DJ thing is just growing pains for a young QB. Honestly, I never put much stock in the Ben reaching out to Kenny talk. Or vice versa. Ben had to find his own way as a young QB. And I think Kenny's personality is such that he would expect to have to figure things out on his own as well. But, the one area where Kenny might be wise, if the opportunity arises, to seek the council of the 0le #7 is in how to handle the 1 ball multiple hands want it situation. Difficult enough when you are an established player with pro bowls and playoff success. A real challenge I suspect when you don't have any of that on your resume. I also don't think coaches can really help a young qb much with that dilemma, because most coaches wouldn't be able to see it from a player's perspective.
    Well, it did seem that Cam Heyward tried to help out with that. He was talking to a visibly frustrated George Pickens on the sidelines. It was cool to see a vet try to help manage the emotions of a talented but frustrated rookie, even if he plays on the other side of the ball. Cam is just a great leader like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Well, it did seem that Cam Heyward tried to help out with that. He was talking to a visibly frustrated George Pickens on the sidelines. It was cool to see a vet try to help manage the emotions of a talented but frustrated rookie, even if he plays on the other side of the ball. Cam is just a great leader like that.
    Cam is a great leader. Definitely his team.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

On the Pickens frustration/angry thing....I think it was James Lofton doing the TV commentary and he had a good point. Pickens thinks he is open based on what he is doing because in HS and the NCAA that was all the "open" he needed to be successful. But in the NFL...he isn't "open". Lofton (again I think this is who it was) pointed out that Pickens has work to do early in his routes and in his initial get-off of the line of scrimmage, to show his QB that he is "open" and cleaning up those technical issues will start to send the ball his way.

Dude sounded right to me. Assume he is. I hope that the Steelers coaching staff can funnel Pickens frustration into dedicated work on the technical elements of his game. Very typical for a young WR to need help there. Can you imagine the natural ability he is gifted with paired with the route running abilities of a non-crazy AB or the footwork of a Davantae Adams? Sweet googly-moogly, dude would be a monster.

It was Lofton.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm not worried about the Pickett to Pickens combination. They have good rapport on and off the field. It's one game and it was a W. Kenny will learn how to keep all his guys happy.