Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diontae Lamarcus Johnson

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Diontae Lamarcus Johnson

Multiple reports around that his social accounts have NOT changed. Apparently he never followed linked or whatever the hell to the team.

Please, please, please, please can we all calm down and not play social media sleuth 10 days into the off-season. I can not take months of this nonsense.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Multiple reports around that his social accounts have NOT changed. Apparently he never followed linked or whatever the hell to the team.

Please, please, please, please can we all calm down and not play social media sleuth 10 days into the off-season. I can not take months of this nonsense.
    Cue the "Trade Diontae Johnson for DeAndre Hopkins" tweets

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    hmm ... I wonder if the "hold-in" was really a warning sign of early-onset Diva Syndrome. Hope we don't have another aspiring Mr. Big Chest on our hands.

I wouldnt mess around I would actively shop him as soon as it is permissible

- - - Updated - - -

make of it what you will

https://www.facebook.com/StillCurtai...mJuix9Xmga52ol

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite reply to the link above is ...

He dropped us ... not surprising
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. The trade comments are fantastic.

AB - Second coming of Jerry Rice turns to trade his ass.

JuJu - awesome guy, so dependable he’s gonna be here forever, how do they keep finding these guys. He Tik Toks too much - trade his ass. Oh wait, he took a hometown discount cause he lives Pittsburgh, he’s awesome!! Long live Juju and his bike! Wut? He’s not a number one receiver…trade his ass.

Chase Claypool - gonna be a beast, the next big thing turns to trade his ass which turns to they traded this bum for a second round pick.

Diontae Johnson has the potential to be what AB wasn’t! Look at the way he runs routes. JuJu wasn’t a #1 but DJ is. Wait he drops too many balls and now he put out a crop tic tweet? He doesn’t follow the Steelers? Trade his ass.

George Pickens has such good hands, he should get 1000 targets a year, look at what a team guy he is…guess what comes next…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

JuJu - awesome guy, so dependable he’s gonna be here forever, how do they keep finding these guys. He Tik Toks too much - trade his ass. Oh wait, he took a hometown discount cause he lives Pittsburgh, he’s awesome!! Long live Juju and his bike! Wut? He’s not a number one receiver…trade his ass.

Chase Claypool - gonna be a beast, the next big thing turns to trade his ass which turns to they traded this bum for a second round pick.

Diontae Johnson has the potential to be what AB wasn’t! Look at the way he runs routes. JuJu wasn’t a #1 but DJ is. Wait he drops too many balls and now he put out a crop tic tweet? He doesn’t follow the Steelers? Trade his ass.

George Pickens has such good hands, he should get 1000 targets a year, look at what a team guy he is…guess what comes next…

Fans are so disappointing. They've been turning on players forever. Many of these are the same dopes that were breaking out their pitchforks for Big Ben because Antonio Brown made some comments.

Players are grown men. Getting criticism is part of the job, but the personal attacks and lack of respect for people is embarrassing.

I'm sick of it.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Fans are so disappointing. They've been turning on players forever. Many of these are the same dopes that were breaking out their pitchforks for Big Ben because Antonio Brown made some comments.

Players are grown men. Getting criticism is part of the job, but the personal attacks and lack of respect for people is embarrassing.

I'm sick of it.
    Don’t forget the death threats that Maddox got when he had to play when Ben was hurt. Trashing his yard. Totally embarrassing as a Steelers fan.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Yup. They’re gonna turn on Georgie too.

I also like “He’s a garbage player! Trade him for at least 65 first round picks!”

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Damn some of you have thin skin, lol. I’m sorry if I hurt anyones feeling or made someone uncomfortable when I said I’m glad Bens gone, he was a meathead and it’s much more pleasant watching an interview with KP than Ben. Also sorry if I used the wrong pronouns. On a serious note, I get fans getting frustrated with a guy who wants 20 mill a year and consistently leads league in drops and running backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Damn some of you have thin skin, lol. I’m sorry if I hurt anyones feeling or made someone uncomfortable when I said I’m glad Bens gone, he was a meathead and it’s much more pleasant watching an interview with KP than Ben. Also sorry if I used the wrong pronouns. On a serious note, I get fans getting frustrated with a guy who wants 20 mill a year and consistently leads league in drops and running backwards.
    Damn…..didn’t realize it was all about you. This was your first post on this thread……was there a mention of you somewhere in this thread, that qualified some as thin skinned. Sorry you didn’t care for Ben.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Damn…..didn’t realize it was all about you. This was your first post on this thread……was there a mention of you somewhere in this thread, that qualified some as thin skinned. Sorry you didn’t care for Ben.
    Not about me at all. I do criticize but rarely go full tilt and want a guy cut for a drop or two. Just think a few guys are making mountains out of mole hills. No need to be sorry, Ben was a great player. I just got tired of his shtick and was ready for team to move on. For me it was refreshing watching KP interviewed opposed to Ben. Not sure why, I don’t think he ever screwed my wife I was just ready to move on.

Not about me at all. I do criticize but rarely go full tilt and want a guy cut for a drop or two. Just think a few guys are making mountains out of mole hills. No need to be sorry, Ben was a great player. I just got tired of his shtick and was ready for team to move on. For me it was refreshing watching KP interviewed opposed to Ben. Not sure why, I don’t think he ever screwed my wife I was just ready to move on.
    Now I’m really confused. This is a thread about Johnson. I have gone back and read every post. Never was Ben mentioned. For that matter, I didn’t see anyone having a “thin skin”. You can’t even last long here, if you have thin skin. I should know. I’ve taken my lumps and come back.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

99% of football players are meatheads…lol

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/01/th...tely-annoying/

Seems like a tempest in a teapot. Like someone got bored and noticed something that’s always been there.

Put the social media pipe down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Now I’m really confused. This is a thread about Johnson. I have gone back and read every post. Never was Ben mentioned. For that matter, I didn’t see anyone having a “thin skin”. You can’t even last long here, if you have thin skin. I should know. I’ve taken my lumps and come back.
    It started about DJ but morphed into something else. Guys getting butt hurt over criticism and assuming the criticism means he should be cut, fired, or traded. As for thin skin, I really didn’t want to single anyone out but it’s there.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/01/th...tely-annoying/

Seems like a tempest in a teapot. Like someone got bored and noticed something that’s always been there.

Put the social media pipe down.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

I wouldnt mess around I would actively shop him as soon as it is permissible

- - - Updated - - -

make of it what you will

https://www.facebook.com/StillCurtai...mJuix9Xmga52ol

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite reply to the link above is ...

He dropped us ... not surprising
    NFL teams are chomping at the bit to trade for WR'd with low averages and his cap #'s. I'm telling ya. What is it with Tomlin and these diva players?
    The last time the Steelers won a playoff game it was 2016. That is six years ago. We are keeping the Jets and Lions company. The standard remains the standard.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    NFL teams are chomping at the bit to trade for WR'd with low averages and his cap #'s. I'm telling ya. What is it with Tomlin and these diva players?
    Yep. Shoulda canned Tomlin and hired Urban Meyer when they had the chance. Obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yep. Shoulda canned Tomlin and hired Urban Meyer when they had the chance. Obviously...
    In all fairness, we wouldn’t have the Matt Canada problem that we do…

Isn't Six Rings the dude that got caught out copying and pasting whole posts from other forums? Or was that someone else that whined the same tune?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Isn't Six Rings the dude that got caught out copying and pasting whole posts from other forums? Or was that someone else that whined the same tune?
    I think you're right. He dropped off the map after that outing.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

In all fairness, we wouldn’t have the Matt Canada problem that we do…
    Except that Meyer was an unmitigated disaster. And beyond that, he was an absolute embarrassment for Jacksonville. Do you really think that would have been worth arguably the biggest NCAA-to-NFL HC flameout of at least the last decade (and probably much longer)? OK.

I get it, Canada sucks. But come on now.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

DJ is open on nearly every play.
    DJ loses yac trying to run around and make the big splash play. Most of the time he should just take what’s there and play more to keep moving the chains.
    DJ still has drops but that issue has improved. It’s more the timing of his drops that are frustrating now.
    DJ has one year left on a 2 year extension he signed in 2022.

IMO, DJ is a good not great WR. He should be the team’s #2/3 WR. I do think more WRs will be brought in this offseason in FA and at least 1 draft pick. This season DJ should be great. He will be playing for his next job and contract. I don’t think it will be with the Steelers but maybe he will be.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

DJ is signed for two more years, not one.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Yup. They’re gonna turn on Georgie too.

I also like “He’s a garbage player! Trade him for at least 65 first round picks!
    uhh, i don't care how good he is, sold! herschel walker trade x50
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    DJ is signed for two more years, not one.
    OK. I thought he signed a 2 yr extension through next year. He's a FA in '25, not '24 as I previously thought. Nevermind the playing for next contract part then. I still think he will need to have a better year if he wants to keep his role.

It's an interesting conversation right now because we really have no idea what that WR room may look like next TC. Could be another FA move, a draft pick, both, and what about Sims, CA3, Boykin, Gunner, Miller, White, etc...? Most of these are backups that are probably outside looking in already. I would love to go into next season with Pickens, DJ, CA3, and a new blue chip draft pick that vies for OROY. 2 #1s and 2 #2s.

Except that Meyer was an unmitigated disaster. And beyond that, he was an absolute embarrassment for Jacksonville. Do you really think that would have been worth arguably the biggest NCAA-to-NFL HC flameout of at least the last decade (and probably much longer)? OK.

I get it, Canada sucks. But come on now.
    So you’re seriously asking if aid rather suffer through 13 weeks of non-sense…easy after dealing with the AB shit show…OR 3 seasons (with one more to come) of an inept clown show of an offense? One of the worst offenses in NFL History for 4 years? I think that’s pretty easy answer and after the 13 weeks, who knows maybe they are trotting Doug Pederson or Brian Daboll out there right now…both with decent defenses and promising offenses instead of suffering through 4 years of an inept college offense that literally might be questionable as a high school offense at this stage.

I think the answer is pretty easy…

So you’re seriously asking if aid rather suffer through 13 weeks of non-sense…easy after dealing with the AB shit show…OR 3 seasons (with one more to come) of an inept clown show of an offense? One of the worst offenses in NFL History for 4 years? I think that’s pretty easy answer and after the 13 weeks, who knows maybe they are trotting Doug Pederson or Brian Daboll out there right now…both with decent defenses and promising offenses instead of suffering through 4 years of an inept college offense that literally might be questionable as a high school offense at this stage.

I think the answer is pretty easy…
    Honestly, the only appreciable difference between the Steelers and the Jaguars that I see at the moment is that the Jaguars have the good fortune of playing in a far shittier division where a 9-8 record nets a team a division crown and an automatic home WC game instead of a 3rd place finish. And which will further bear itself out later today when they more than likely get blown off the field by the Chiefs.

And at 9-7-1, the Giants aren't really looking any better either.

And as far as AB is concerned, the fact remains that the Steelers were the ONLY team that ever got squat out of him and his clown show really only kicked into high gear after he was already long gone. Not even 4-D chess master Belichick could manage him. Just saying.

Diontae Lamarcus Johnson

Honestly, the only appreciable difference between the Steelers and the Jaguars that I see at the moment is that the Jaguars have the good fortune of playing in a far shittier division where a 9-8 record nets a team a division crown and an automatic home WC game instead of a 3rd place finish. And which will further bear itself out later today when they more than likely get blown off the field by the Chiefs.

And at 9-7-1, the Giants aren't really looking any better either.

And as far as AB is concerned, the fact remains that the Steelers were the ONLY team that ever got squat out of him and his clown show really only kicked into high gear after he was already long gone. Not even 4-D chess master Belichick could manage him. Just saying.
    The offenses of both the Jags and the Giants is run FAR superior to the offense of the Steelers. If those teams had the talent that the Steelers have surrounding their respectable RBs, theyd both have 2-3 more wins than they did and probably be. You can’t convince me that the Steelers would be worse off going through 13 weeks of Urban Meyers disaster than 4 years of Matt Canada…

Who got what out of AB is irrelevant. The point is, having dealt with that drama, dealing with Urban Meyers 13 weeks…not a big deal.

The offenses of both the Jags and the Giants is run FAR superior to the offense of the Steelers. If those teams had the talent that the Steelers have surrounding their respectable RBs, theyd both have 2-3 more wins than they did and probably be. You can’t convince me that the Steelers would be worse off going through 13 weeks of Urban Meyers disaster than 4 years of Matt Canada…

Who got what out of AB is irrelevant. The point is, having dealt with that drama, dealing with Urban Meyers 13 weeks…not a big deal.
    What drama? My point was that the vast majority of the drama with AB happened after he left the Steelers.

Once again, yes, I think Canada sucks. But I'm not going to obsess over it.