Thread: Kenny Picketts trajectory

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

Kenny Picketts trajectory

Hello all,

It’s been a while since I posted here. It’s been a very rough season, so it’s been really hard for me to post about anything. As of where we stand now, I feel that it is a good time for me to post about what I may see as Kenny Pickett’s possible trajectory. Actually I like the pick and I like what I see. I fully expected growing pains. He has a bad offensive coordinator, a bad offensive line, a struggling 2nd year back in Najee, a talented 2nd year tight end, a talented rookie wr, and an inconsistent Dionte Johnson.

There are many pieces needed to help him succeed. He has shown flashes of his accuracy as his days at Pitt and at times he has not. He has tried to make something out of nothing at times, which we can count as rookie growing pains. However, I like how he uses his legs when needed. I like his attitude, competitiveness and fire. He’s not a deer in the headlights and expects to win.

With time I think he can get his accuracy at the high standards he had at Pitt. I feel that his trajectory can be on the level of a mixture between Troy Aikman and Steve Young. He is slightly smaller than Troy and slightly bigger than Young. He doesn’t have their arm strength, but his playing style is a mixture of both. Aikman was very accurate. He wasn’t much of an athlete, but was mobile enough to buy himself time. Young was a better athlete than Pickett, but like Young Pickett has a tendency to get that extra yard to keep the chains moving. In terms of arm strength, Drew Brees seemed to do just fine without elite arm talent. It’s something that he also wears the number 8.

I’m not saying that this is what Pickett will be, but if he turns out to be an all time great for us, I feel his trajectory will be a mixture of Aikman and Young. If that is how he turns out, I will be more than happy with that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Kenny Picketts trajectory

Depending on what they surround him with, a trajectory of Aikman or Young could be good or bad…obviously, like you, we are hoping for the “gooder” version…and they look to be on their way to surrounding him with those pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Kenny Picketts trajectory