Thread: Heroes/Goats vs. Saints

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Heroes/Goats vs. Saints

A team win. Pickett played a very good game. Najee/Warren ran very well. O-Line did excellent in the run game. And some belated props to Matt Canada. The Offense moved the ball and scored TWO touchdowns today. Its a step up.

T.J Watt, what else can you say about this guy. He transforms this Defense and this team just by his presence alone. Krazy Kazee with the interception in Minkah's absense.

An overall well-played game by the Steelers.

Goats go to Matt Wright. Get well soon, Boz.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Heroes/Goats vs. Saints

Defense were great,same thing for our running game.Pickett was better in the second half too.The red zone offense were our only problem on offense in the second half but at least they move the ball very well....this is a start....Wright was awful

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

Game ball - the team, for showing up on all fronts, particularly after halftime. They almost managed to make Canada look like he knew what he was doing. Almost.

Goats - Wright, though that second miss was an attempt that shouldn't have been taken. I'll give a Goat to the announcers, too. If I get that duo again, I'll be sure to watch it with the sound off.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Gameballs to the entire team, good all around effort.

Goats are Tomlin (cause Canada is still employed) and Wright.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Harris, PF, Wallace, and Warren for the good.
    Pickett, left side of the OL, and Wright for the bad.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Game Ball - Harris, Freiermuth, Pickett made some very good decisions and it overcame the rookie throws. Maulet and Defense was solid.

Goats - Wright. OL still needs some work…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Gameballs to the D, Harris, Warren, Pickens, PF and KP (who while not flashy did enough to get the win and keep drives alive)

Goats to wright and Canada (Route running plain sucks, made the saints pass D look all world) Tomlin and FO, /Ownership are idiots for keeping this guy around this long.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

GAME BALLS:
    Najee stopped dancing and played like a 240 lbs. person. FINALLY!!!

On Najee’s 45-yard run, look at who comes flying in at the end to make a block.

GOATS:
    DJ catches a ball to convert a first down… and then, runs backwards 4 yards to lose the first down. That’s him in a nutshell. SMFH

Wright What should be noted is that because we signed him off of a practice squad, he has to be on the active roster for three weeks. I foresee us going for it on 4th-&-anything less than 3 yards.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    GAME BALLS:
    Najee stopped dancing and played like a 240 lbs. person. FINALLY!!!

On Najee’s 45-yard run, look at who comes flying in at the end to make a block.

GOATS:
    DJ catches a ball to convert a first down… and then, runs backwards 4 yards to lose the first down. That’s him in a nutshell. SMFH

Wright What should be noted is that because we signed him off of a practice squad, he has to be on the active roster for three weeks. I foresee us going for it on 4th-&-anything less than 3 yards.
    Why was Skiba let go in the first place? 2/2 on the road and he gets released? SMDH

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

GB: Watt, Highsmith, Kazee, Harris, Warren, Muth.

Goats: W-right (wide right), DJ for running backwards thinking he is Jim Marshall.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Forgot to give shout out to Kazee. He was real good!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    “I’m back, muthaf*ckas!!!”

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    GB: Watt, Highsmith, Kazee, Harris, Warren, Muth.

Goats: W-right (wide right), DJ for running backwards thinking he is Jim Marshall.
    Its not the first time he has done this. The guy is a bonehead.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I wanted to see a healthy lineup on defense with Kazee in the 3 safety formation. Hopefully Minkah comes back soon.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Game ball to New Orleans for being so injured and sucking.

Pickett played better, but still missed a lot of open guys, but I'm willing to write that off to being a rookie. He definitely lacks in arm strength compared to young Ben but if he gets the right OC he should be fine if they tailor the offense around his strengths.

As far as Canada, one broken clock moment isn't enough, the guy still needs to go. He moved the ball at home against a defense missing LOTS of pieces. Now let's see him do that for a few weeks.

Goats is simple. Anyone not named Boz kicking for Pittsburgh.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I wanted to see a healthy lineup on defense with Kazee in the 3 safety formation. Hopefully Minkah comes back soon.
    Apparently Minkah was a full participation practice today. That's just crazy.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post

Young people can recover from that surgery really fast, especially if they are done laparoscopically. My son had an appendectomy when he was in grad school (25) and he was in class the next day. Me on the other hand, old fart that I am, had an acute appendicitis, and wasn’t allowed to drive for two weeks. I never say a pain level is 10, because I always think there is something more painful…..but that came close. Anyway, glad Fitzpatrick recovered quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post

Tomlin said Minkah was "Grumpy". I like Grumpy Minkah. He plays better. Plus, he hates the Bungles.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Young people can recover from that surgery really fast, especially if they are done laparoscopically. My son had an appendectomy when he was in grad school (25) and he was in class the next day. Me on the other hand, old fart that I am, had an acute appendicitis, and wasn’t allowed to drive for two weeks. I never say a pain level is 10, because I always think there is something more painful…..but that came close. Anyway, glad Fitzpatrick recovered quickly.
    That's the key. Most people just think removal of appendix requires a regular incision. They no longer do. That basically open up a tiny incision, then go into your abdomen with tiny cameras to make the cuts on the appendix. They cut, close and pull the organ through the hole and finally close the small hole. Instead of you having a large incision with all that muscle damage you only have a tiny spot that heals really quickly.

My mom had her gallbladder removed in her 60's and it was an out patient procedure. She went in at 7am and was home by 12pm.