Thread: Watt’s Return & Rest of Season

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Watt’s Return & Rest of Season

Seems like TJ is coming back 100%. Perhaps healthier than if he’d played? I think he has 1 sack IIRC. How do you think TJ will perform and ultimately, where do you put his sack total at the end of the season? I think he’ll hit 12.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Watt’s Return & Rest of Season

I was going to say between 10-15. I think he will do well and I think they win a couple extra games because he’s back which will screw up the draft pick…lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I'm thinking 8 or 9. There is no way that one man(probably not 100%) is going to make that much of a difference. That being said he'll now tear it up and I'll be happy to be wrong.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Was just thinking about Watt. Saw a stat that the three sack leaders are two ex-Ravens (Smith and Judon) and one current (Houston). And knowing that list would look different if TJ had not been injured. I know he has not played a real game back yet, but how has he looked in practice?

He may be a Steeler lol, but it’s hard to dislike a man who is truly a one-man wrecking machine. It’s a rarity to have to scheme around one defender the entire game. You have to scheme around Watt 100%. And that is no guarantee. Jesus, does his family have some great genes or watt?

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Seems like TJ is coming back 100%. Perhaps healthier than if he’d played? I think he has 1 sack IIRC. How do you think TJ will perform and ultimately, where do you put his sack total at the end of the season? I think he’ll hit 12.
    I am pretty sure he got multiple sacks in game one

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

He wouldn’t come back to this mess unless he was 100 percent or just about. I see at least 2-2.5 sacks per game

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I think he gets about 5-7 on the season.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

9 games, 11 sacks, 7 wins.

Note: Highsmith has been runnng QBs out of the pocket. Now, they won’t be able to run away. Ergo, I expect Highsmith to also have 11 sacks.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Watt returns, pass rush improves, run defense improves, QB hurries go up, DBs reap the reward, defensive takeaways go up, offense plays with short fields, Steelers pile up wins, Steelers make the post season, become SB champs!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Watt returns, pass rush improves, run defense improves, QB hurries go up, DBs reap the reward, defensive takeaways go up, offense plays with short fields, Steelers pile up wins, Steelers make the post season, become SB champs!
    Yep

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The Bengals are down their #1WR. Watt tends to get home a lot vs the Bengals. If the Steelers run game can get going like they did vs the Saints the stadium will be rockin’ and loud. I think we have a very real chance to sweep the Bengals. Can we get back to back wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The Bengals are down their #1WR. Watt tends to get home a lot vs the Bengals. If the Steelers run game can get going like they did vs the Saints the stadium will be rockin’ and loud. I think we have a very real chance to sweep the Bengals. Can we get back to back wins?
    Abso-freakin-lutely!!!