Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Reid is fired...Jeff Saturday as interim HC for the colts...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Frank Reid is fired...Jeff Saturday as interim HC for the colts...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Frank Reid is fired...Jeff Saturday as interim HC for the colts...

Pretty ballsy and/or stupid move.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Jeff Saturdays highest level of coaching is High School Football. Lol. Think the Colts are tanking??

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Jeff Saturdays highest level of coaching is High School Football. Lol. Think the Colts are tanking??
    He was 17-18 in High school football too as HC!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol.

Colts still suffering from Andrew Luck leaving…those ripples are still going through that team. That’s why if the Steelers drafted another QB this season in round one, I’d have no problem with it…

No QB, no nothing…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Lordy lordy lordy. Someone needs to stop Irsay and Ballard.

I mean, I guess Lynch went from player to GM with some success. Maybe Saturday can do this?

FWIW, if he does, I'm totally out on coaching being this massive difference maker.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Lordy lordy lordy. Someone needs to stop Irsay and Ballard.

I mean, I guess Lynch went from player to GM with some success. Maybe Saturday can do this?

FWIW, if he does, I'm totally out on coaching being this massive difference maker.
    Right?!?

I don't think the colts will win a single game for the rest of the year...not even against the steelers,raiders or Houston....I never see a team in the NFL take a interim HC who was not in their staff before this change...He was on TV...He know almost nothing about their system and you can't change the system during the season!

Jim Irsay just want a high draft pick for a QB like in 1998 and 2012!

Do they have to Rooney Rule it for an interim coach? Lol

Do they have to Rooney Rule it for an interim coach? Lol
    For the interim coach,no

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Irsay gonna Irsay. Apple don’t fall far from the rotten tree.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Wasn’t his old man a notorious drunken meddler? I thought I heard he’d fire guys and forget and wander down from the box to demand lineup changes during games.

Wasn’t his old man a notorious drunken meddler? I thought I heard he’d fire guys and forget and wander down from the box to demand lineup changes during games.
    That’s the same Irsay…lol…

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

https://theathletic.com/2532338/2021...e-colts/?amp=1

This says more than I can say. Bob Irsay was a piece of shit as an NFL owner…and a human being. When you are at a press conference at BWI with the mayor, and you stick your finger under Hizzoner’s nose and shout “Does this smell like Indianapolis to you?”, that tells you all you need to know.

The Colts were lucky to have Peyton Manning for so many years at some points or they would be one of the worst franchise in sports.....Between 1978 to 1997 they had zero 10 wins season!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

"Suck for Luck" sure paid off for them. Got a full trophy case now.

Jeff Saturday has Devante Adams in his fantasy football....His first game as head coach will be against this team!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

guess you would know,

former Colts fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    guess you would know,

former Colts fan?
    My dad and uncles were like watching “Diner”. They lived, breathed and died with the horseshoe. So did I. I was 10 when the Colts beat the Cowboys in SBV. My dad and his younger brother went to Miami when I was 8 to see the Colts and Jets in SBIII. I remember my mom telling my brother and I not to talk to dad when he came back home lol.

Baltimore truly lived and died with the Colts. Then Carroll Rosenbloom traded the team to Bob Irsay with his LA Rams and after that, the handwriting was on the wall. It’s been 38 years and it still pisses me off

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

My dad and uncles were like watching “Diner”. They lived, breathed and died with the horseshoe. So did I. I was 10 when the Colts beat the Cowboys in SBV. My dad and his younger brother went to Miami when I was 8 to see the Colts and Jets in SBIII. I remember my mom telling my brother and I not to talk to dad when he came back home lol.

Baltimore truly lived and died with the Colts. Then Carroll Rosenbloom traded the team to Bob Irsay with his LA Rams and after that, the handwriting was on the wall. It’s been 38 years and it still pisses me off
    I can still see the images on the news of the large moving trucks leaving in the middle of the night. It was huge news at the time in 1984

That whole story is amazing how that went down without anyone knowing. Couldn’t happen nowadays with social media and “the leaks”…

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I can still see the images on the news of the large moving trucks leaving in the middle of the night. It was huge news at the time in 1984
    Me and my three friends had an “arrangement” with a senior usher at Memorial Stadium. $3.00 a man got you two old ticket stubs stapled together, with a pronouncement such as “Gate E-3. Left turnstile. Blonde girl named Jane. Tell her “Frank” says ‘hi’”. Once inside, we found empty seats. But as more fans got seated we had to keep moving until finally up in the nosebleeds behind the end zone. So, after the ‘83 season, being either 23, 24 or 25 years of age, we decided to bite the bullet and get season tickets. Yeah, we hated Irsay, but still loved the horseshoe. All that disappeared in a blizzard in February of 1984. I still give a middle finger to every Mayflower van I see lol.

Had the move gone down like it did with the Browns, it would have been better. Instead of listening to rubes in Indy talk about how great “their QB” Johnny Unitas was and shit like that. They should have left the name, unis and history behind and renamed the team to something that reflects Indianapolis. None of the ex-Baltimore Colts wanted anything to do with Indy. And Unitas was very vocal about how he felt about the move. Thankfully his statue is outside M&T Bank.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I can see that, when I started watching the Steelers in 77 as a little kid, one of the first games I watched was the divisional playoff between the Steelers and the Colts with Bert Jones. Jones looked so much better than bradshaw that game. Thankfully my Steelers recovered the next season. Anyway back then I thought Baltimore and Colts was inseparable - Like Pittsburgh and Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    I can see that, when I started watching the Steelers in 77 as a little kid, one of the first games I watched was the divisional playoff between the Steelers and the Colts with Bert Jones. Jones looked so much better than bradshaw that game. Thankfully my Steelers recovered the next season. Anyway back then I thought Baltimore and Colts was inseparable - Like Pittsburgh and Steelers
    Man, did the Steelers break my heart back in the 70’s. Baltimore had some good teams back then with Jones, Lydell Mitchell, the Sack Pack, but could never get over that Pittsburgh hump.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Lol.

Colts still suffering from Peyton Manning leaving…those ripples are still going through that team. That’s why if the Steelers drafted another QB this season in round one, I’d have no problem with it…

No QB, no nothing…
    Andrew Luck gets far to much credit for the little he did so I fixed it for you
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Bill Cowher just said that Jeff Saturday being hired as HC was a disgrace.....