Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Claypool traded to the Bears for a 2023 2nd Round Pick

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Claypool traded to the Bears for a 2023 2nd Round Pick

I am thankful that Shoes is here.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That’s one of the dumber articles that Steelers Depot has written and what’s more surprising is that Alex wrote it of all people. You’d expect that kind of spin from that Matthew guy but Alex knows what goes into a trade when it’s made and what a new player on a new team goes through to get acclimated. He mentions no where in the article that when Claypool is on the field, Darnell Mooney’s TD production has increased (which it has). This is just a dumb attempt at making Claypool look bad. Shitty writing at best.

So to summarize his article - the Steelers receiving room looks worse, is performing worse but some of the Bears receivers, who have been with the team all season through training camp are playing more than the guy who just got there and because they traded for Claypool, a squandering franchise, lost three games in a row…because of that trade. Steelers Depot is one of the bigger jokes out there…

Here’s to hoping the Bears lose every game!! Good job Chase!!
    I beg to differ, the "The Game Day Thread" has secured that title hands down.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I beg to differ, the "The Game Day Thread" has secured that title hands down.
    Nah…the game day thread is just a bunch of hack fans. Steelers Depot is trying to be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

well it looks like in 3 games for da bears, claypool has caught 5 passes or like 31 yards.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    well it looks like in 3 games for da bears, claypool has caught 5 passes or like 31 yards.
    32 yards but still lol

11 targets 5 catches 32 yards .... at this point sure doesnt seem like they got a good deal ,,, no give backs !!!
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

looks like he's still doing the same thing where he falls backwards while attempting catches and failing while at it
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

man can you imagine if hines ward had claypools body ? defenses would have been terrified.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Claypool hasn't had a training camp with the bears and he's with a first run QB, so yes I like the trade for the steelers but I'll wait until at least next year before making a final judgment at Claypool

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Claypool hasn't had a training camp with the bears and he's with a first run QB, so yes I like the trade for the steelers but I'll wait until at least next year before making a final judgment at Claypool
    Wait to make a final judgement?!
    That's not how things work around here

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I honestly though he’d have an immediate impact. I’ve not been able too see many snaps, but what I have seen makes no sense. Bears are using Claypool short like Steelers did. With Fields arm, Claypool and whatever his name is should just be running go routes and posts all day.

2 rec for 51 yards for Claypool in the first quarter right now.....

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

2 rec for 51 yards for Claypool in the first quarter right now.....
    And that’s where it ended

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Some are saying it’s pick 33.
    Others say, pick 34.

Either way…

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    And that’s where it ended
    true

btw: on his long reception… he fell down​.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    That’s what drove me the most crazy about him. Every catch he would jump to catch in the gut and then fall down.

Speaking of Exes…James Conner looked really good yesterday…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Where he jumped to high point the ball with his waist over a CB he already had a half a foot on? That seemed familiar!

So the best part of Claypool trade is that Pickens gets more work. Also... I didn't look up the draft slots...but Pittman was/is what Claypool was intended to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Where he jumped to high point the ball with his waist over a CB he already had a half a foot on? That seemed familiar!
    DING-DING-DING!!!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Speaking of Exes…James Conner looked really good yesterday…
    He usually looks good when he’s healthy. I understand why we didn’t keep him but he’s kind of hard not to root for. I just wish he landed on a better team.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

So the best part of Claypool trade is that Pickens gets more work. Also... I didn't look up the draft slots...but Pittman was/is what Claypool was intended to be.
    I‘m not 100% sure on this because I didn’t bother to double check, but weren’t Claypool and Pickens both the 11th WR picked in their drafts? Or something like that? At the time I thought Claypool was a steal and might have become the best receiver from that draft (I was obviously wrong about that. It’s probably Jefferson). But now I’m pretty sure that Pickens was a much bigger steal and does have a good chance of ultimately becoming the best WR from his draft.

Unlike Claypool, Pickens knows how to get the most out of his body to play that position. He’s the physical receiver we’ve really wanted, and I love that he’s a willing blocker. I think he likes violent contact. Last time we had a receiver with that kind of mentality it worked out well.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

In the 5 games since he was traded, he has 12 receptions (on 22 targets) for 111 yards and 0 TDs.

The second round pick the Steelers got for him is looking better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    In the 5 games since he was traded, he has 12 receptions (on 22 targets) for 111 yards and 0 TDs.

The second round pick the Steelers got for him is looking better and better.
    Likely a top 35 pick....

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Pfffft. He is not paid to jump.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

One would think so, but we have a guy named Canada that thinks differently.

Canada can't involve our best players at the same time

I’m not sure that’s accurate. Pittman isn’t that impressive (average with a couple good games) and may look better on paper because he’s not stuck in inept/terrible offenses. I’m not sure Pittman is what we thought Claypool would be…progressing better? Yes.

This draft pick will very likely be in the top 35 at worst!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

This draft pick will very likely be in the top 35 at worst!

It is certainly looking good. All of the Bears' WR's are out with injuries. Fields is basically playing offense by himself.

It's hard to imagine them winning many more games. Multiple picks high in the draft really gives the team a lot of options. They can stand pat, or they can choose to trade down and acquire more draft picks. Draft day will be very exciting.