Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Claypool traded to the Bears for a 2023 2nd Round Pick

Senior Member Array title="hwalker84 will become famous soon enough">

Claypool traded to the Bears for a 2023 2nd Round Pick

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Claypool traded to the Bears for a 2023 2nd Round Pick

I like it A LOT!!!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Stupid IMO, but not like we were using him correctly. The compensation is fine.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

You can't pass up a 2nd rounder. GREAT move, although I do like Chase.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

One 2nd round pick? That's it?!? We all knew he'd be traded but it seems like the Bears got te better end of this deal.

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    One 2nd round pick? That's it?!? We all knew he'd be traded but it seems like the Bears got te better end of this deal.
    Based on what data?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Well at least the Bears pick will be high (like ours). It's not like this team is going anywhere this year, let's just hope Omar can draft WR's like his predecessor.

EDIT: I just read they got the Ravens 2nd round pick that was part of the R. Smith deal. Oh well.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Don’t like it at all. If it had to be done, compensation is good. Not a fan of it though…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I wish they threw Canada in as part of the deal

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

A self proclaimed 3rd bed WR in the league for a 2nd rounder?!

I will be rooting hard against the bears now !

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Nope. It is the bears original pick. Just corrected it on TV.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
    Based on what data?

Data? This is an opinion not a political debate.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Don’t like it at all. If it had to be done, compensation is good. Not a fan of it though…
    Same.

This makes me have other super angry thoughts about WRs though. Almost certainly means either the mighty midget or Sims (please let it be Sims) is the new slot WR. If that is the case, why wasn't Sims playing before this season? Like that period last season where they didn't have enough capable WRs...why not try him then? It would seem (giant leap on my part) that he's your new starting slot WR now. Did he get all that much better in one off-season?

Be interesting to see what Claypool does as a Bear. If he ever puts it together, he could be a monster with like zero competition for targets in that offense.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

"We want volunteers... ah, forget it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Also...initially this seems like the kind of trade a rebuilding team makes. Fine. Great. That is what the Steelers are. So asset accumulation is never a bad thing.

But if 8 weeks into the season you are ready to push the "rebuild" button...why did they fart around all off-season with the "we're not rebuilding...we are competing" stuff?

This is starting to feel scarily like the lurching decision making of a "bad" franchise.

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I know. Claypool wasn't that good and is likely to never live up to his size and speed measurables. I'm not debating that. It is that they seem to have switched "process" multiple times between Ben R's retirement and the halfway point of the subsequent season. That rarely leads to good results.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I like this, and think it is a good trade for each team. In the short term this degrades the Steelers, but it is not like the team's passing game is setting the league on fire this season anyway.

I like getting a 2nd round pick that should be a high 2nd rounder at that. It also gives Claypool a chance to be at least the WR2 and more likely WR1 for the Bears for the rest of this season. The Bears needs receivers for Justin Fields in the worst way.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

He would leave after the 2023 season so I have no problem with this trade....Of course without Canada he will be much better in Chicago.....

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    Data? This is an opinion not a political debate.
    Fair enough, but I was just interested in hearing your take as to why the Bears got the better of the deal. Yes, I get the whole bird-in-hand theory, but with the quality of the Steelers product so far, I prefer to see what's in the bush.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I'll take it. He's gone after next year anyways. Now, we'll be the 1980s Commandos/Foreskins w/one tall receiver and 3 smurfs.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    He would leave after the 2023 season so I have no problem with this trade....Of course without Canada he will be much better in Chicago.....
    yup
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

It could be a high second round pick too....The bears have traded 2 of their best defensive player in the last few days and they give up 49 points in Dallas....They are 3-5 right now

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/11/re...ble-for-weeks/

None of this seems surprising. I wouldn't want to catch 3 yard crossing patterns in this offense for the next two years either.

Maybe this is one of those rare trades where everyone wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    https://steelersdepot.com/2022/11/re...ble-for-weeks/

None of this seems surprising. I wouldn't want to catch 3 yard crossing patterns in this offense for the next two years either.

Maybe this is one of those rare trades where everyone wins?
    For Claypool and the steelers,likely....But for Chicago,we will see.They are 3-5 right now and they have just traded their 2 best defensive player in the last few days,so if the bears are not much better in 2023 and they don't sign Claypool after that,this is a bad trade for them

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

good move. now maybe the better receiver, Pickens, will get more targets. i guess tomlin finally accepted he doesnt have a winning formula, so its time to change the ingredients. EVEN Stevie wonder could have seen before the season started the offensive line was far from being fixed.
    i am a bit shocked they made this move after they didnt activate austin.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I was in favor of trading him if we could get a return that high. SO glad I'm not the one running the franchise.

In all seriousness, I really did not see any way this guy had a future with the team, so it's good we got something for him, wouldn't have even expected it to be that high. Bears' pick is likely to be a high one, too.

A second-round pick this offseason also sure beats the hell out of a "third-round comp pick" in 2025 that more realistically would just be nothing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    the fact that the elephant is still in the room is the reason I don’t like it. Wasn’t Claypool one of the guys who just publicly dissed the playcalling?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Same.

This makes me have other super angry thoughts about WRs though. Almost certainly means either the mighty midget or Sims (please let it be Sims) is the new slot WR. If that is the case, why wasn't Sims playing before this season? Like that period last season where they didn't have enough capable WRs...why not try him then? It would seem (giant leap on my part) that he's your new starting slot WR now. Did he get all that much better in one off-season?

Be interesting to see what Claypool does as a Bear. If he ever puts it together, he could be a monster with like zero competition for targets in that offense.
    What scares me most is there seems like there’s an arrogant feeling like any receiver can be replaced because “the Steelers know how to draft receivers”. Eventually there’s garbage that is selected and that actually happens way more frequently than people realize with this team…it’s gonna bite them in the ass…

James Washington
    Demarcus Ayers
    Sammie Coates
    Dri Archer
    Markus Wheaton
    Justin Brown
    Toney Clemons

There’s more misses than hits since 2010…

Antonio Brown
    Martavis Bryant
    JuJu Smith-Schuster
    Diontae Johnson
    Chase Claypool

Not to mention the free agents that don’t really workout…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Guess Boykin gets work in the offense now...

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    With Gunner and Sims probably getting more snaps, Canada probably sees this as an opportunity to call more jet sweeps and reverses.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    That would have downgraded it to a 7th rounder for compensation. But still worth it!