Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Claypool traded to the Bears for a 2023 2nd Round Pick

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Claypool traded to the Bears for a 2023 2nd Round Pick

I wonder if the Bears would take their 2nd round pick back in trade for Kyler Gordon.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Well the rebuild is official, though I don’t blame them, not much optimism after a 2-6 start
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I hope Claypool turns his career around in Chicago and plays up to his potential.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Very likely he will be limited today, because it's his first week with a new team but it will be very interesting what Claypool will does today and the rest of the season with the Bears

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

That is a win for the Steelers future. I like it! Nothing is happening this year anyway and I doubt the year after.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They potentially gave up a better pick and a second pick to accept the Bears second round pick. Bears may be a much better team than the Packers…

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They potentially gave up a better pick and a second pick to accept the Bears second round pick. Bears may be a much better team than the Packers…

The Bears are not a “much better team than the Packers”.

I don’t get a lot about the whole thing. The Packers are willing to give up 2 picks in the same draft for Claypool, but traded away Adams?
    The Bears trade away 2 of their top defensive players for picks, then trade the best of those picks for Claypool?
    Why did the Steelers choose the Bears trade over the Packers?

The only part of this I do get is the Steelers got a high 2nd round pick for a WR they weren’t planning to keep past his rookie deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    At worst it will be around the same....This is a good gamble....

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post

I don’t get a lot about the whole thing. The Packers are willing to give up 2 picks in the same draft for Claypool, but traded away Adams?
    The Bears trade away 2 of their top defensive players for picks, then trade the best of those picks for Claypool?

The only part of this I do get is the Steelers got a high 2nd round pick for a WR they weren’t planning to keep past his rookie deal.
    Have you watched both teams play? Bears might be much better…lol.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post

The Packers wildly underestimated the ability of Rodgers to be a petulant man-baby and the approach of father time. Rodgers just does whatever he wants on the field and if it doesn't work he pouts and blames coaches, receivers, and whatever else he comes up with. Meanwhile, he's getting tackle eligible passes picked by random DL. Rodgers through a combination of simply "not giving a shit", refusing to adapt any of his ways, and a bit of age related decline, looks washed up.

In a desperate attempt to save their season, the Packers panicked and tried to go get Claypool. The Packers decision to trade Adams was a "correct" one in a vacuum. He wanted far too much money. He actually didn't want to be in GB. And their scheme shouldn't need a totally dominant WR to work. It does, however, require buy-in from the QB. Which they totally do not have right now. Claypool would have been their attempt to get Rodgers to re-engage.

The Bears are finally trying to build around their young QB. Shed defensive assets that were not going to be on the team past this season. Then converted them into offensive assets to grow with their QB. Now, I think Claypool was not that asset...but the plan makes sense. After drafting Fields and totally ignoring things like OL, WR, and a functional offensive plan....the Bears are trying to backfill those items as quickly as they can. Leads to less than ideal choices.

For the trade, same reason Miami chose to deal MF to Pittsburgh. The Steelers brain trust figures that Chicago will finish with the worse record. And as 86Ward pointed out, that may not be the case! Packers look to be in free-fall.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Thought maybe we shipped them DJ but then saw Claypool’s patented contested jump and it was definitely Claypool…

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The Packers wildly underestimated the ability of Rodgers to be a petulant man-baby and the approach of father time. Rodgers just does whatever he wants on the field and if it doesn't work he pouts and blames coaches, receivers, and whatever else he comes up with. Meanwhile, he's getting tackle eligible passes picked by random DL. Rodgers through a combination of simply "not giving a shit", refusing to adapt any of his ways, and a bit of age related decline, looks washed up.

In a desperate attempt to save their season, the Packers panicked and tried to go get Claypool. The Packers decision to trade Adams was a "correct" one in a vacuum. He wanted far too much money. He actually didn't want to be in GB. And their scheme shouldn't need a totally dominant WR to work. It does, however, require buy-in from the QB. Which they totally do not have right now. Claypool would have been their attempt to get Rodgers to re-engage.

The Bears are finally trying to build around their young QB. Shed defensive assets that were not going to be on the team past this season. Then converted them into offensive assets to grow with their QB. Now, I think Claypool was not that asset...but the plan makes sense. After drafting Fields and totally ignoring things like OL, WR, and a functional offensive plan....the Bears are trying to backfill those items as quickly as they can. Leads to less than ideal choices.

For the trade, same reason Miami chose to deal MF to Pittsburgh. The Steelers brain trust figures that Chicago will finish with the worse record. And as 86Ward pointed out, that may not be the case! Packers look to be in free-fall.

I just think the Bears and Packers will finish with about the same record. If I had to pick one to win head to head, I’ll take the Packers. They are having a bad season, sure. But this is who the Bears are and have been.

I think there was a return the Steelers wanted for Claypool and the Packers refused. So they made the trade with the Bears instead. I really do think it was as simple as that.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

No. The Packers offered a 2nd round pick as well but the Bears 2nd round pick is likely to be higher. As simple as that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    No. The Packers offered a 2nd round pick as well but the Bears 2nd round pick is likely to be higher. As simple as that.

I thought the Packers were willing to give up 2 picks but the Steelers went with the bears single pick instead?

Packers offered a second round pick and an additional pick.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

wrong, not as simple as that.

Packers also offered a late round pick...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

FWIW, Many local Packers watchers feel this was leaked after the fact to mollify Rogers. The pursuit of Claypool and Waller is suspected to be halfhearted at best.

No idea if it’s true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    FWIW, Many local Packers watchers feel this was leaked after the fact to mollify Rogers. The pursuit of Claypool and Waller is suspected to be halfhearted at best.

No idea if it’s true.
    Wouldn’t be surprised…

Funny that the packers are always close to make a trade but never make this trade!

Shmaybe?

Chiefs are top 5 YPA and top 3 in pass yards. Also #1 in plays of 20+

The rest...yes.

But the Chiefs did it "right". They traded their focal point WR and then had a specific and multi-pronged approach to replacing that player. Steady proven vet FAs? Check. Expanded roles for existing players? Check. Exciting rookie prospects acquired? Check.

That way if one of those doesn't work out (MVS, Moore, Hardman) you have other paths to success.

There are other factors in all those trades....but yeah....having good players is important.

You can not blame the packers for Adams too since Adams wanted to be gone and play with Carr...The packers had offer a similar contract to Adams that the raiders

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Undefeated since the Claypool trade!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

The second round draft pick of the bears will be high...The lions just beat the bears in Chicago....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The second round draft pick of the bears will be high...The lions just beat the bears in Chicago....
    Bears are one of those crazy unpredictable teams. Let’s hope they stay this way!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I want Claypool to do well and I really like Justin Fields....but I hope they lose every remaining game!

That’s one of the dumber articles that Steelers Depot has written and what’s more surprising is that Alex wrote it of all people. You’d expect that kind of spin from that Matthew guy but Alex knows what goes into a trade when it’s made and what a new player on a new team goes through to get acclimated. He mentions no where in the article that when Claypool is on the field, Darnell Mooney’s TD production has increased (which it has). This is just a dumb attempt at making Claypool look bad. Shitty writing at best.

So to summarize his article - the Steelers receiving room looks worse, is performing worse but some of the Bears receivers, who have been with the team all season through training camp are playing more than the guy who just got there and because they traded for Claypool, a squandering franchise, lost three games in a row…because of that trade. Steelers Depot is one of the bigger jokes out there…

Here’s to hoping the Bears lose every game!! Good job Chase!!