Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better chance at hitting the lottery than Najee breaking 100 yards

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Better chance at hitting the lottery than Najee breaking 100 yards

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ok. That is less of gap than I thought it would be.

Harris is indeed a frustrating player at times. And it is clear that the fanbase is turning on him And so it goes with 1st round RBs that struggle to crack 50 yards a game.

But, for me, Warren is having his stats inflated by running draws on potential passing situations, actually being used in flexible formations, and just better situations where Harris is being thrown to the wolves in bad situations, and obvious run calls where the defense tees off on totally overmatched offensive linemen, TEs, and WRs. I mean this is a running offense that calls multiple plays a game where someone like Gunner the Midget is responsible for setting the play-side edge of the blocking on a DE or LB. Really?

Again...Harris may indeed stink. And it points out why the pick was never really a good idea. But...I think the system, the supporting cast, and then his own desire to make something out of nothing are all making it worse as well.
    Like I said, the only way to tell more is to give Warren more carries. Whether Warren is really good or not is to be determined, but one thing I know is that Najee sucks right now. And it's not all the o-line. One only needs to watch him objectively.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

His confidence may be shot. He looks like he’s lost his feel for where the holes are and he’s dancing around in backfield as a result. If I where him I would be pleading with MT and Management to get rid of Canada….and I’d be studying more film on how Warren is hitting the holes

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    His confidence may be shot. He looks like he’s lost his feel for where the holes are and he’s dancing around in backfield as a result. If I where him I would be pleading with MT and Management to get rid of Canada….and I’d be studying more film on how Warren is hitting the holes

by being decisive and running north and south taking what is there and trying to make it a lil more ... Najee instead waits around for a hole you can drive a truck through or he just stays in the backfield looking
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    by being decisive and running north and south taking what is there and trying to make it a lil more ... Najee instead waits around for a hole you can drive a truck through or he just stays in the backfield looking
    He's looking for those Alabama size holes!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He's looking for those Alabama size holes!
    we do not see many of those around here this isnt the SEC

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...att-canada-nfl

This is a specifically picked series of plays and was going after a specific point, but it is moving pictures of how any RB has zero chance in the current run calls.

Again...I am not saying that Harris is great. I am not saying that Warren can not or should not get more early down work. I am just saying that this offense sucks and it is now obscuring the ability to determine the ceiling of key young pieces on offense. Which, in another thread, DWins has made good points about regarding Pickett. I think we are past that point with Harris. I have no idea how good of an NFL RB he is because he is in a high school offense against NFL defenses.

This is a specifically picked series of plays and was going after a specific point, but it is moving pictures of how any RB has zero chance in the current run calls.

Again...I am not saying that Harris is great. I am not saying that Warren can not or should not get more early down work. I am just saying that this offense sucks and it is now obscuring the ability to determine the ceiling of key young pieces on offense. Which, in another thread, DWins has made good points about regarding Pickett. I think we are past that point with Harris. I have no idea how good of an NFL RB he is because he is in a high school offense against NFL defenses.
    you have entered a really dark and low place when you system is so bad that you can not truly identify talent or lack there of because of the system in which they are forced to work in ...

its liken to being a coal miner with no lantern or headlamp you can't see what you are doing so you just stand there waiting for light

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Its a combination of a poorly designed play and probably no audible to the play, as we've heard reports of that being the case before...or Pickett is just clueless...which the way Tomlin is supporting Canada, seems to be that Pickett is an idiot...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

I said it early… damage goods.

also is vision is suspect .

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Warren is better
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

So, only a small scratch off win, but 99 yards on 20 carries vs the Saints.

He did look like he came with a different attitude... coaches massage received?
    It did appear Warren got the bulk of pass targets out of the two.

Maybe they just concentrated him on running the ball.

All-in-all, a better approach and obviously better day for him.
    We'll forgo the fumble since it was recovered. Thanks Okorafor!

He was capped at 99 so as to not ruin dwins' thread...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

He came sooo close to making that catch in the end zone. Great play…..really well defended.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    He came sooo close to making that catch in the end zone. Great play…..really well defended.
    An amaaazing throw.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    So, only a small scratch off win, but 99 yards on 20 carries vs the Saints.

He did look like he came with a different attitude... coaches massage received?
    It did appear Warren got the bulk of pass targets out of the two.

Maybe they just concentrated him on running the ball.

All-in-all, a better approach and obviously better day for him.
    We'll forgo the fumble since it was recovered. Thanks Okorafor!
    The coaches should be careful. It was massages that got Deshaun Watson in trouble!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Tony Pollard is an UFA after this season. Najee, Warren, and Pollard would be a very good RB room.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Tony Pollard is an UFA after this season. Najee, Warren, and Pollard would be a very good RB room.

someone will pay him nicely to be their feature back

Teams that give RBs big second contracts in free agency are fools.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Pollard wouldn’t want to sign into that room. He wants (and has earned) a starting role somewhere…maybe Dallas.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

You only need two backs that can tote the rock. We have so many other holes to fill.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Pollard wouldn’t want to sign into that room. He wants (and has earned) a starting role somewhere…maybe Dallas.
    A "smart" team would already have Pollard as the uncredited lead back and be finding ways to scale back Elliot's touches despite the contract. Instead, Jerrah is telling everyone how smart he was to throw $$$ at Elliot.

There are so many teams in the NFL that just can't get out of their own way...

- - - Updated - - -

You know what Sunday made me realize is the BEST thing about the emergence and growing role for Jalen Warren?

Benny Snell football is over!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    We need a Mewelde Moore type of #3 back that is a swiss army knife. Haley tried and missed like 3 or 4 times finding one of those lol.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

He is much better since week 10

still just three 100 yard games in 30 weeks to date , no what you are looking for with a 1st round pick

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

still just three 100 yard games in 30 weeks to date , no what you are looking for with a 1st round pick
    He had one game of 99 yards on 20 runs and another of 90 yards,so this is not a huge difference between 90 and 100 yards...My point is he play much better since week 10

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

He's not hitting 100 yards partially to other RBs getting their rotations in. I like this since we're not totally relying on one workhorse back (and eventually getting him hurt in the process).

I will agree though that this year he hasn't been playing up to his first round billing. But credit where it's due, he's played much better since the bye. Could partially be due to a softer schedule, but improvement is improvement.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    He's not hitting 100 yards partially to other RBs getting their rotations in. I like this since we're not totally relying on one workhorse back (and eventually getting him hurt in the process).

I will agree though that this year he hasn't been playing up to his first round billing. But credit where it's due, he's played much better since the bye. Could partially be due to a softer schedule, but improvement is improvement.
    You think he played like R1 talent last year? 3.9 YPC. He's serviceable and a good rotation back. That's not what you pay for in the first round. I'm just glad he's improved to serviceable so that he's not a total bust.