Thread: Bye Week

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Bye Week

2-6. Last place in the North. Two blowout road losses over the course of four weeks. And a really dead offense. The season is fast headed into the dumpster. The schedule softens up from here, but I don't know if this team can beat anyone left on the schedule. This team is very, very bad right now. Historically bad like the 1990 Pats or the 2008 Lions.

The Good News is T.J Watt may be back, the bad news is that Matt Canada may keep his job, and a mediocre finish to the season may win Tomlin extra time.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Bye Week

None of this is surprising.

The Steelers are bad because of the following (in no particular order):

1. The OC is really bad.
    2. The LT and LG are awful and the rest of the OL group is treading water right around not terrible.
    3. The CB group is not very good, kinda slow, and lacks depth.
    4. The OLBs are tissue paper thin and if ONE injury happens....oh wait....
    5. QB is totally unsettled and not able to cover up any other issues.

For me, all of those things was kind of apparent to one degree or another going into the season. I think separately and collectively this board talked about all of them during the lead up to the season. So, in a way, things are going exactly how SU Forums expected them to....

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Checking back in from my honeymoon, disappointed to hear that Canada isn’t fired yet
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

They won't fire Canada until the very end of the season to "save face" with the fans when starting down a 4-13 record.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

At this point, I'd be happiest with:

1. Great progress from KP
    2. 4-13 with a top 5 pick
    3. Firing Canada

Next to winning the Super Bowl, the combination of those three things is next best.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    At this point, I'd be happiest with:

1. Great progress from KP
    2. 4-13 with a top 5 pick
    3. Firing Canada

Next to winning the Super Bowl, the combination of those three things is next best.
    Agreed. I had the Phillies to distract me from the Steelers shitty season but now that is gone thanks to the Patriots of the MLB, the Astros.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Agreed. I had the Phillies to distract me from the Steelers shitty season but now that is gone thanks to the Patriots of the MLB, the Astros.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler