Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Pickett APPRECIATION Thread

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Kenny Pickett APPRECIATION Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    as a former machinist .00375 is alot so .375 is a country mile
    Fortunately, Kenny is not doing machinist work. I was originally concerned about his hand size, but watching him play alleviated that. I still have concerns about his deep ball arm strength. I need to see some deep balls that aren't floaters.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

as a former machinist .00375 is alot so .375 is a country mile
    hey an extra half inch is the difference between average joe and getting in some movies
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Here's what gets me. There's so much hatred for Canada, but a stat like this is very much dependent on scheming as well. I liked Arians, but there's no way Pickett has these numbers under his scheme.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Here's what gets me. There's so much hatred for Canada, but a stat like this is very much dependent on scheming as well. I liked Arians, but there's no way Pickett has these numbers under his scheme.
    His numbers would be much better in fact...Maybe not in completion % but in YPA...Arians has always been great with the QB

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

KP had his first game with a passer rating over 90 on Sunday. >85 for 3 games in a row.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I disagree. With this Oline, Pickett would get killed having to wait for the run routes to develop.
    Probably would be on IR by now.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    His numbers would be much better in fact...Maybe not in completion % but in YPA...Arians has always been great with the QB
    Pickett would've been on IR if he played under Arians. Arians had no concept of protecting the quarterback, running the football, use of fullbacks, or scheming a possession game. Seven step drops every pass and gun it. Ben was one of the most sacked QBs in the league and was tough enough to take the beating, but even he had his limits. So much that the Rooneys canned Arians after Ben's ankle was destroyed in 2011 and they brought in Todd Haley. If Arians wasn't shown the door, Ben would've been done by 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Pickett would've been on IR if he played under Arians. Arians had no concept of protecting the quarterback, running the football, use of fullbacks, or scheming a possession game. Seven step drops every pass and gun it. Ben was one of the most sacked QBs in the league and was tough enough to take the beating, but even he had his limits. So much that the Rooneys canned Arians after Ben's ankle was destroyed in 2011 and they brought in Todd Haley. If Arians wasn't shown the door, Ben would've been done by 35.

It's not like Arians did that with the other QBs he had in his career....Arians used Ben's toughness and playmaking ability as a assets and it was a great idea since Ben was still young at this time

If you look at the number of sacks like Palmer in Arizona, it was much lower because Palmer and other QBs were just different than BenThe thing is, Arians has had success with every QB he's had in his career and no one can argue otherwise outside of Jameis Winston since his interception was out of the control

I mean even Kelly Holcomb, a career backup almost beat the steelers in the playoffs in 2002 with over 400 passing yards on offense

For the rest, the use of Arians for the running game has always been among the average of the league, whether their running game are good or not...I could even say that he used the running game too much in some big game like in 2002 in the playoff game against us even if the browns running game were absolutely pathetic, same thing for the super bowl in 2008... Arians don't use the running game is a big myth

Same for time of possession, under Arians, the Steelers mostly always had one of the teams that was best in time of possession per drive for an offense, but for some reason Arians had the heat for the collapses on defense in the fourth quarter in 2009 even though the offense was one of the best in the league at keeping the ball on offense with long drives...The excuse that the defense was tired is one of the worst excuse ever....

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Just like KP’s ability to make a positive play when things breakdown, whether by running or scrambling and making a pass. No Steeler QB has been able to do that in the last 50 years outside of Terry and Ben (maybe Kordell had that ability but he didn’t use it) I think that’s what makes KP look like the next franchise QB. His accuracy is great, he’s just got a few longer passes that get away from him per game but hopefully those go away or lessen with game time. Don’t know if it’s an adjustment to the pro ball size, game speed or both.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

So is it official? Have the "Mason Rudolph just needs a fair chance" fans moved on from him and he can walk away in the offseason?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    So is it official? Have the "Mason Rudolph just needs a fair chance" fans moved on from him and he can walk away in the offseason?
    They were still around??

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

KP is better but MR didn’t get much of a fair shake with Canada. And I will say Mitch is no better than MR and maybe worse. Mitch was a pointless signing imo.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Rudolph had enough chances and showed his ceiling already. Not a bad backup at all, but not a franchise guy either.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    KP is better but MR didn’t get much of a fair shake with Canada. And I will say Mitch is no better than MR and maybe worse. Mitch was a pointless signing imo.
    Mitch is a ton better than MR. Mitch at his worst looked like Mason in a good day. MR can't touch Mitch when they both are playing their best. Both are way under starter caliber, but anyone who would choose Rudolph over Mitch for reasons other than salary needs a new evaluation method.

Mitch is a ton better than MR. Mitch at his worst looked like Mason in a good day. MR can't touch Mitch when they both are playing their best. Both are way under starter caliber, but anyone who would choose Rudolph over Mitch for reasons other than salary needs a new evaluation method.
    My evaluation method is watching football, what's yours? Mitch has been horrible for the Steelers. So much so that Tomlin rushed KP into the second half of the Jets game. I know its cool to bash MR in this forum, and i know he's not starter quality, but calling Mitch tons better is ridiculous hyperbole. And the stats would bear it out - i won't even bother with posting them cause i don't need to waste my time.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rudolph isnt anywhere close to being better than Trubisky. Just one fact…Trubisky can extend a play and throw with full motion if the pocket is collapsing, which it did often. Rudolph stands in the pocket and rarely flinches and then tries to throw the ball from awkward angles. Just that alone, all stats aside, makes Trubisky a much better QB…and really, you needn’t go any further than that.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

It’s like saying broccoli better than asparagus (or any veggie). neither is great but you need veggies and you need a backup QB. Personally I’d rather have MT due to dual threat . With injuries to QB ls you’d think one of them would’ve been looked at for a 5th or 6 rounder. Instead Mayfield and Josh Johnson signed. We can’t even give one of these guys away.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Kenny Pickett put that to bed for good. Mitch and MR should've never been considered for a starting job as soon as Pickett was drafted.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

This ..................
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

How can a QB be "tons better" than another QB who is 5-4-1 as starter and still suck as bad as Trubisky? Inquiring minds want to know... I would agree that he "sucks less."

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    It’s like saying broccoli better than asparagus (or any veggie). neither is great but you need veggies and you need a backup QB. Personally I’d rather have MT due to dual threat . With injuries to QB ls you’d think one of them would’ve been looked at for a 5th or 6 rounder. Instead Mayfield and Josh Johnson signed. We can’t even give one of these guys away.
    I noticed that, but looks like Mayfield is better than MT and MR lol. The comeback tonight was pretty amazing and helped the Steelers in for a playoff possibility.

Mayfield is far and away better than Trubisky and Rudolph…

He’s not a terrible QB when he does what he’s supposed to do. It’s when he tries to do too much that gets him in trouble…

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

He’s not a terrible QB when he does what he’s supposed to do. It’s when he tries to do too much that gets him in trouble

sometimes that is putting the uniform on , others it might be buckling his chin strap ... but either way he isnt good
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

He’s not a terrible QB when he does what he’s supposed to do. It’s when he tries to do too much that gets him in trouble…
    He was the best Browns QB since Testaverde

sometimes that is putting the uniform on , others it might be buckling his chin strap ... but either way he isnt good
    He was a little better than a game manager. 3500 yards and low to kid 20s TDs isn’t terrible.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    He was the best Browns QB since Testaverde
    I think Kelly Holcombe and Jeff Garcia want to debate that.

I think Kelly Holcombe and Jeff Garcia want to debate that.
    Jeff Garcia has been horrible with the Browns!