Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Pickett APPRECIATION Thread

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

Re: Kenny Pickett APPRECIATION Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The Steelers have 19 non-losing seasons in a row. The record is 20. If Kenny stays healthy, that record could go on for a long while.
    Do you know who has the record?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Do you know who has the record?
    Dallas Cowboys(1966 to 1985)

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    On his way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    On his way!!!

At least the ball will get there!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

Shouldn’t though with his small hands and weak arm…

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Kenny can say his balls are in the HoF
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Matt Ryan got released by Indianapolis - Steelers could get him for cheap. A better backup and potential mentor to KP than Mitch. Dump Mitch and save the 8 million for another need

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...kenny-pickett/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Likely that Ryan will look for a bridge situation like Red did with the Panthers.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Matt Ryan got released by Indianapolis - Steelers could get him for cheap. A better backup and potential mentor to KP than Mitch. Dump Mitch and save the 8 million for another need

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...kenny-pickett/

oh snap so what you are saying then is Matt Ryan is FREE , no charge , zero cap $$ spent , he will just show up and not cost a dime ... well damn in that case lets do it otherwise I want someone who can play if need be
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Likely that Ryan will look for a bridge situation like Red did with the Panthers.
    or he will retire

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    or he will retire
    I don't know why he wouldn't. He's set up with generational wealth. Clearly his skills are diminished. Time to see the handwriting on the wall.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

oh snap so what you are saying then is Matt Ryan is FREE , no charge , zero cap $$ spent , he will just show up and not cost a dime ... well damn in that case lets do it otherwise I want someone who can play if need be
    Saving 8 million minus whatever it costs to sign Ryan. Ryan can play in a pinch if need be. He won’t throw three picks against the Ravens

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Saving 8 million minus whatever it costs to sign Ryan. Ryan can play in a pinch if need be. He won’t throw three picks against the Ravens

Ryan is ancient and had 14 TDs and 13 INTs last season. He did that behind one of the best offensive lines and a great running game with an elite RB.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

He might throw 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    He might throw 5.
    with 2 fumbles with that

Ryan is ancient and had 14 TDs and 13 INTs last season. He did that behind one of the best offensive lines and a great running game with an elite RB.
    that was as a starter, we know he's at the tail end of his career. I'd still take him as a backup. He can still perform for a game or two if need be, anything more and were probably screwed with any backup. When comparing to MT, i see Ryan as more savvy, better decision maker, can maybe see something KP can take advantage of during a game (KP can learn how to approach big games from someone who's actually been there).

I see better chemistry in a situation like that, than a backup who still thinks he's a starter and has expressed regret publicly about signing with the team.

this is all just discussion anyway, it seems like they are going with MT as the backup for good or bad

that was as a starter, we know he's at the tail end of his career. I'd still take him as a backup. He can still perform for a game or two if need be, anything more and were probably screwed with any backup. When comparing to MT, i see Ryan as more savvy, better decision maker, can maybe see something KP can take advantage of during a game (KP can learn how to approach big games from someone who's actually been there).

I see better chemistry in a situation like that, than a backup who still thinks he's a starter and has expressed regret publicly about signing with the team.

this is all just discussion anyway, it seems like they are going with MT as the backup for good or bad

Sure. It's a personal choice. I'm sure he has a ton of knowledge. I just don't know how much he can help in an offense that has more RPOs and a more mobile quarterback. Ryan has always been more of a drop back passer that didn't run offenses like that. I think that can be a factor.

Matt Ryan had 15 fumbles in 12 games in 2022!!!!

Of course not all was loss but he was washed at this point.Trusbisky is better at this point

At this point, I think it's Mitch as QB2 in 2023. Hopefully, he sees no meaningful action and Kenny stays healthy and only rests game 17 due to having the #1 seed clinched.

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

I've always thought of Matty Ice as Matty Choke even when he was young. Don't see any need to long for him now.

Terry Bradshaw giving Kenny Pickett some love on IG

It’s so easy to tell the writers who really didn’t watch Pickett play from the ones who did. The latter look at his pedestrian stats and are lukewarm in their prognostication. I’ve never seen a quarterback who was so much better than his stats like Pickett the last half of the season. I think he’s the real deal.

It’s so easy to tell the writers who really didn’t watch Pickett play from the ones who did. The latter look at his pedestrian stats and are lukewarm in their prognostication. I’ve never seen a quarterback who was so much better than his stats like Pickett the last half of the season. I think he’s the real deal.

I agree.

I think he still has some fundamentals and footwork to work on for more consistency, but watching him play I have seen his ability to make things happen in big moments of games. You could clearly see him improving and learning as the season went on, and his numbers reflected that as well. I think he is going to be a good quarterback, with a chance to be really good. He has some of the stuff that numbers and measurables don't show.

I believe he will show much more improvement this year. He may not light it up out of the gate with all the new pieces in place, but I really think he will have a very good season and cement himself as the quarterback to lead this team for some time.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I've already come to expect that KP will never get his real due. Don't forget that in the 2022 Draft many prognosticators thought Malik Willis was better than him and he's currently on his way to being cut by the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    I've already come to expect that KP will never get his real due. Don't forget that in the 2022 Draft many prognosticators thought Malik Willis was better than him and he's currently on his way to being cut by the Titans.
    I can't agree with "never" because they'll have to give him his due when he's the 3-time Super Bowl MVP.

It would help his stats a lot and also the team if on occasion he had easy completions for gains of 25 yards or more like this is the case for other teams in the NFL...The steelers were also last in the NFL in YAC in 2022

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I can't agree with "never" because they'll have to give him his due when he's the 3-time Super Bowl MVP.
    Full credit to you for jumping on the KP train with both feet and hanging onto the small handrails with such a grip.

I'm still sticking by my eval that he is a Hasselbeck type QB skillset and hoping he becomes a top 10 QB in the league. Malik Willis was 2 years away from being 2 years away IMO and I think we will see Sam Howell get a shot in Washington this season, to show where he stacked up in that QB class.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Full credit to you for jumping on the KP train with both feet and hanging onto the small handrails with such a grip.

I'm still sticking by my eval that he is a Hasselbeck type QB skillset and hoping he becomes a top 10 QB in the league. Malik Willis was 2 years away from being 2 years away IMO and I think we will see Sam Howell get a shot in Washington this season, to show where he stacked up in that QB class.
    I see some Hasselhoff similarity. That wouldn't be a bad career. But I think his ceiling is Joe Burrow. Let's see how the sophomore season goes...

BJ is going to make KP's life a little more comfortable. I expect more deep passes and more audibles out of Canada's silliness.