Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Pickett APPRECIATION Thread

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Kenny Pickett APPRECIATION Thread

Like Mahomes And Allen, Improving Off-Platform Throws Is High On Pickett’s 2023 List

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/01/li...medium=twitter

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Pickett on Heyward's podcast. Good interview.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Pickett on Heyward's podcast. Good interview.
    Great interview!!! Heyward does a great job of “leading questions”. I’m going to miss him when he retires. KP is a really thoughtful guy. His answers are great and complete. No regular answers. Giving the rest of the team credit for their strength.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Sounds like we need to make Flores the OC.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Does anyone know Pickett's offseason workout plans? Does he have a particular QB coach that he works with? I can see him being 110% committed to an offseason plan that prepares him to blow up next year.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The AFC is clearly Mahomes and Burrow.

Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson reached their ceiling and Herbert is Chargered. The only other QB is see as a threat is Lawrence.

A talent vacuum is opening up. Here's hoping KP seizes it.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Does anyone know Pickett's offseason workout plans? Does he have a particular QB coach that he works with? I can see him being 110% committed to an offseason plan that prepares him to blow up next year.
    Maybe he is taking Ben's beer - yoga - golf workout class?

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

No idea but his work ethic was responsible for his 5th year jump. Saw an interview with him and he said he realized if he wanted to be a high draft pick in the NFL / have a career in the NFL he has to outwork everyone else, and that's what he did. That year was a result of it. I feel he's got his head in the right place and will make a big jump next year. A great work ethic will get you far in life, and hope it does for Pickett's NFL career.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

I was watching one of his interviews and he said that he took a week off or so and just couldn't handle sitting around anymore. So, he's doing some workouts now. However, he's giving his arm a rest for a while. Then, and I don't remember if it's February or march, he's going to Florida to work with his QB coach. He'll bring his receivers down there as well. He has a second set of sessions planned with this receivers as well.

The one hurdle to get over is that he basically had a year and a half without a break from the opening of his last college season through all the prep for the draft and prep for the NFL and then the season. So, he's trying to recover from that before he jumps back into training.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I was watching one of his interviews and he said that he took a week off or so and just couldn't handle sitting around anymore. So, he's doing some workouts now. However, he's giving his arm a rest for a while. Then, and I don't remember if it's February or march, he's going to Florida to work with his QB coach. He'll bring his receivers down there as well. He has a second set of sessions planned with this receivers as well.

The one hurdle to get over is that he basically had a year and a half without a break from the opening of his last college season through all the prep for the draft and prep for the NFL and then the season. So, he's trying to recover from that before he jumps back into training.
    Does anyone know who his QB coach is?

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Mike McCoy sure helped Lawrence, not sure if he’s still under contract but he’s in Florida.

Tony Racioppi. Here's the video I was referencing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO4sMnXs5nk

Talk about Pickett's offseason starts at 7:30. And, upon hearing this again, he did nothing for a week, went crazy in his apartment, and started general training again the next week. He's taking a month off for his arm. Then will be in Florida in February. He plans to get the guys down to Florida for a week and then in NJ for a week during the summer.
    7:52 he confirms Racioppi is still his QB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Tony Racioppi. Here's the video I was referencing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO4sMnXs5nk

Talk about Pickett's offseason starts at 7:30. And, upon hearing this again, he did nothing for a week, went crazy in his apartment, and started general training again the next week. He's taking a month off for his arm. Then will be in Florida in February. He plans to get the guys down to Florida for a week and then in NJ for a week during the summer.
    7:52 he confirms Racioppi is still his QB coach.
    I'd listen but I can't stand McAfee.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Not sure about this guy, but food for thought. I'm not suggesting Kenny is as good of a QB as some of the guys he is ahead of on this list. My biggest takeaway form this list is that arm strength does not necessarily equal downfield accuracy.

https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz

Fwiw, Kenny does drop back in 31 to 40 yard ranking. He only attempted 10.

The great Lamar Jackson at 35.90%.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

pickett does have the arm strength to go deep. he doesn't have a mahomes or allen arm, but doesn't mean it's weak.

Allen attempted 83 passes over 21 yards.

Come on Canada. Goal is to get Kenny, Jalen Hurts', 65 count.

aaron rodgers 19/74 talk about falling off

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Allen attempted 83 passes over 21 yards.

Come on Canada. Goal is to get Kenny, Jalen Hurts', 65 count.
    You do realize KP only started/finished 10 games, right? And that he was a rookie? I’m surprised there were 40. I mean Burrow only had 61 in 16 games.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

This is more 10 yards pass attempts I want from this offense in 2023 especially in first and second down

Senior Member Array title="El Kabong has much to be proud of">

The great Lamar Jackson at 35.90%.
    Lamar is so overrated.

You do realize KP only started/finished 10 games, right? And that he was a rookie? I’m surprised there were 40. I mean Burrow only had 61 in 16 games.
    I do. But I assume Mitch had even less longer throws than Kenny. So, the point, I guess, is that hopefully Canada can find the formula for more downfield throwing somewhere on the back of one of his two 3 by 5 notes cards he keeps all his offensive plays on.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I do. But I assume Mitch had even less longer throws than Kenny. So, the point, I guess, is that hopefully Canada can find the formula for more downfield throwing somewhere on the back of one of his two 3 by 5 notes cards he keeps all his offensive plays on.
    2 note cards? You give him much too much credit! He has 2 plays, run up the middle for third and long, and 3 yard out for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Lamar is so overrated.
    Lamar might be the first QB ever to get non exclusive franchise tagged and not picked up by another team from what I've read

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Lamar might be the first QB ever to get non exclusive franchise tagged and not picked up by another team from what I've read
    He hasn’t even started calling other teams from what it sounds like…another reason he shouldn’t be his own agent…lol.

“Uh yes, this is Lamar Jackson, is Mickey Loomis around today? No? Golfing? Can you tell him Lamar called? I wanted to see if he’d pay me to play QB. Ooooooh, you don’t say…darn…didn’t realize that. Did Derek call last week? He’s golfing with Derek? Oh…fuck that. Would you happen to have the name and number to the GM in New York? Which one? Maybe the Blue one? Daniel Jones?!? How about the green one? AARON RODGERS?!? Well…I’ll give them a shot anyway. Do you have that info for the green team? Hello? Hello? I think that receptionist hung up on me Mama.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Lamar and otger teams can not speak until March 15.

The disadvantage is that an agent could call about something else and "accidentally” mention this or that contract item.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Lamar and otger teams can not speak until March 15.

The disadvantage is that an agent could call about something else and "accidentally” mention this or that contract item.
    The legal tampering period actually starts on the 13th at 9:00am EST.

Not sure about this guy, but food for thought. I'm not suggesting Kenny is as good of a QB as some of the guys he is ahead of on this list. My biggest takeaway form this list is that arm strength does not necessarily equal downfield accuracy.

https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz

Fwiw, Kenny does drop back in 31 to 40 yard ranking. He only attempted 10.
    Funny thing is, I don't know why people are complaining about his arm strength. He looked a ton better on his first pass than Mason R ever did. Mason had a weak arm (but corrected a lot of mechanics and got it to be okay). Without looking at anything else, I'd say Kenny is somewhere in the range of average.

As I've said, the only thing that's a concern for me is that he has a tendency throwing errant passes on 10-20 yard throws sometimes. He cut it down towards the end and it's something that can be worked on and fixed in the offseason. In fact, if I remember right, he was talking about fixing footwork this offseason, and that could be all that is needed.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He hasn’t even started calling other teams from what it sounds like…another reason he shouldn’t be his own agent…lol.

“Uh yes, this is Lamar Jackson, is Mickey Loomis around today? No? Golfing? Can you tell him Lamar called? I wanted to see if he’d pay me to play QB. Ooooooh, you don’t say…darn…didn’t realize that. Did Derek call last week? He’s golfing with Derek? Oh…fuck that. Would you happen to have the name and number to the GM in New York? Which one? Maybe the Blue one? Daniel Jones?!? How about the green one? AARON RODGERS?!? Well…I’ll give them a shot anyway. Do you have that info for the green team? Hello? Hello? I think that receptionist hung up on me Mama.”

The Steelers have 19 non-losing seasons in a row. The record is 20. If Kenny stays healthy, that record could go on for a long while.