Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Too early to talk draft?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Too early to talk draft?

Ok. So I goofed around with the PFN draft simulator. Not even sure everyone on their list is in the draft but whatever. Here is what I came up with:

1. Trenton Simpson LB
    2. Gervon Dexter DT
    3. Jaelyn Duncan OT
    4. Tyrique Stevenson CB
    7A. Michael Jefferson WR
    7B. Malik Cunnigham QB

Not saying that this is what they are actually going to do...but I tried to go with a combo of highest athlete on the board and needs at each pick. That gap between 4 and 7 is LOOOONNNNGGGG.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ok. So I goofed around with the PFN draft simulator. Not even sure everyone on their list is in the draft but whatever. Here is what I came up with:

1. Trenton Simpson LB
    2. Gervon Dexter DT
    3. Jaelyn Duncan OT
    4. Tyrique Stevenson CB
    7A. Michael Jefferson WR
    7B. Malik Cunnigham QB

Not saying that this is what they are actually going to do...but I tried to go with a combo of highest athlete on the board and needs at each pick. That gap between 4 and 7 is LOOOONNNNGGGG.
    You should have another 2nd in there.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You should have another 2nd in there.
    I should and I don't remember who I drafted! I think I took a Center somewhere in there. So just move everyone up one pick in the #'s and add Tippman from Wisconsin in the fourth.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’m thinking go o-line at 17 and the package 32 and a 3rd to move back into R1 and take WR Addison. Seeing the Bengals model with Burrow/Chase makes it very appealing. I’m not a Pitt fan, so chime in if you saw Addison play when he with with Pickett.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I’m thinking go o-line at 17 and the package 32 and a 3rd to move back into R1 and take WR Addison. Seeing the Bengals model with Burrow/Chase makes it very appealing. I’m not a Pitt fan, so chime in if you saw Addison play when he with with Pickett.
    I don’t know much about Addison. But is he as physically dominant as Chase? It isn’t just that they played together it’s that Chase is a staggering athlete. How’s Addison on that front? No idea.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don’t know much about Addison. But is he as physically dominant as Chase? It isn’t just that they played together it’s that Chase is a staggering athlete. How’s Addison on that front? No idea.
    I don’t know about Addison but I like A.T. Perry from Wake Forest. I also think Perry can be drafted at 49 or maybe even 80.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He's not anywhere near Chase from a physical standpoint. He's roughly 6' 175 pounds.

He runs great routes and creates separation with terrific route running and a great feel for the game as far as knowing how to set up defenses and knowing how to press and vary speeds. He is a very polished player that is most likely to play in the slot, but doesn't necessarily have to. He just isn't big enough to be a super physical player like Chase. He also doesn't have great top-end speed to stretch the field.

The best comp I can think of off the top of my head is the Eagles DeVonta Smith that played at Alabama. He has some ability to play outside, but I think Smith was a slightly more dynamic player.

Still a very talented guy if used properly.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    He's not anywhere near Chase from a physical standpoint. He's roughly 6' 175 pounds.

He runs great routes and creates separation with terrific route running and a great feel for the game as far as knowing how to set up defenses and knowing how to press and vary speeds. He is a very polished player that is most likely to play in the slot, but doesn't necessarily have to. He just isn't big enough to be a super physical player like Chase. He also doesn't have great top-end speed to stretch the field.

The best comp I can think of off the top of my head is the Eagles DeVonta Smith that played at Alabama. He has some ability to play outside, but I think Smith was a slightly more dynamic player.

Ok. He sounds like a good NFL player but I’m not trading anything to get him based on that.

I’m sure Chase and Burrow having history together really helps but I believe it’s far more that Chase is a dominant physical freak.

Gee…if only the Steelers had drafted a guy like that…I think there was this guy named Pickle or something. Too bad Canada and I forgot about him.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

The last time the Steelers won a playoff game it was 2016. That is six years ago. We are keeping the Jets and Lions company. The standard remains the standard.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

Does he run backward or is he paid to jump for the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Jet sweep?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

I think he will do all of that and understands he gets paid for jumping, but he gets his money no matter how much he runs backwards!

Ok. He sounds like a good NFL player but I’m not trading anything to get him based on that.

I’m sure Chase and Burrow having history together really helps but I believe it’s far more that Chase is a dominant physical freak.

Gee…if only the Steelers had drafted a guy like that…I think there was this guy named Pickle or something. Too bad Canada and I forgot about him.
    Quentin Johnson is more like Ja’mar Chase than Jordan Addison is. If you watch his highlight tape just look at, not just his yac, but how he picks up the yac. Also catches a lot of contested balls. He’s most likely a 1st round pick though and I don’t think the Steelers go WR in the 1st.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Quentin Johnson is more like Ja’mar Chase than Jordan Addison is. If you watch his highlight tape just look at, not just his yac, but how he picks up the yac. Also catches a lot of contested balls. He’s most likely a 1st round pick though and I don’t think the Steelers go WR in the 1st.

I don't think so either. IMO DL, or OL is the first round pick, not a WR. One of these positions ( DL or OL ) should be also be a 2nd round pick.

This isn't a great WR like it was last year. We could use a good 3rd receiver and he might be on the roster already but who ever he is he is NOT a #1, #2 or #3 option on passing plays unless of course somebody gets hurt.
    The last time the Steelers won a playoff game it was 2016. That is six years ago. We are keeping the Jets and Lions company. The standard remains the standard.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'd circle Keeanu Benton's name for one of the 2nd round picks. He fits what they like in their DT's.

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I'd circle Keeanu Benton's name for one of the 2nd round picks. He fits what they like in their DT's.

Yeah, I like the pick of Benton. He looked good in the Senior Bowl workouts and will possibly land in the top 50. He would add some youth and size on that D line.

He weighed in at 6'3-1/2", 312lbs with 33.75" long arms. Looked quick off the snap and powerful. He would look good in B&G.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/dra...rojected-trade

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Not much argument with how his board played out. I would keep Cam Smith, Kelee Ringo, and O’Cyrus Torrence as possible picks in his scenario too.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    If we score a top 5 pick what is the number 1 priority?

I'm not completely sold on KP, but if the draft were tomorrow I'd try and build around him.

I'm not messing around with this one. I'm taking the best OL in the draft whether it's C,G, or T. I'd flirt with the idea of DL or CB, but if we're building around KP then it starts with his protection and run support.

I would also be open to the idea of trading to grab an extra early round pick or 2.

Turns out to be pick #17. I still like the idea of building around the QB this draft. That doesn’t necessarily mean with every pick or even the first pick. I feel like we will go with an OT or a CB at pick 17. The CB class looks like the much deeper class talent-wise this year, and I think there will be a very good one at pick 32 as well.

I also think the C/G class is deeper than the OT class in this draft.

The OL stayed healthy for the entire season. That is rare. I doubt that happens again next season. The depth behind our starting5 is mostly bad to terrible. In order to protect KP, build around the QB, I expect 2 OL draft picks this year.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Now with the Jalen Carter news out people have him falling in the draft. I even saw a mock draft with the Steelers landing him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Now with the Jalen Carter news out people have him falling in the draft. I even saw a mock draft with the Steelers landing him.
    No way he falls past Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No way he falls past Philadelphia.
    I guess it depends on the charges. If he's looking at jail time (which I doubt) then he will. So basically it sounds like he was racing another teammate and the other teammate crashed killing people. Unless Jalen was driving the car, which it doesn't sound like, I see him getting a slap on the wrist. He apparently was drag racing his teammate who was drunk, then left the scene returning an hour later to give a statement and lied about where he was before admitting it. My guess is he was probably drunk as well and that's why he left the scene. Sounds like stupid shit young men do. But this is the joke of it all. Carter was driving a Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk worth about $90K. Where does a college student get that kind of money to have an automobile like that? I'm guessing GA's two national titles have a few recruiting violations ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I guess it depends on the charges. If he's looking at jail time (which I doubt) then he will. So basically it sounds like he was racing another teammate and the other teammate crashed killing people. Unless Jalen was driving the car, which it doesn't sound like, I see him getting a slap on the wrist. He apparently was drag racing his teammate who was drunk, then left the scene returning an hour later to give a statement and lied about where he was before admitting it. My guess is he was probably drunk as well and that's why he left the scene. Sounds like stupid shit young men do. But this is the joke of it all. Carter was driving a Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk worth about $90K. Where does a college student get that kind of money to have an automobile like that? I'm guessing GA's two national titles have a few recruiting violations ...
    He could’ve done commercials for a local Jeep Dealer. They can do that now…no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He could’ve done commercials for a local Jeep Dealer. They can do that now…no?
    Maybe, not sure but again a dude that age driving a $90K car ... I'm willing to bet some booster bought the car for him.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe, not sure but again a dude that age driving a $90K car ... I'm willing to bet some booster bought the car for him.
    ……..and put a likeness of him on the side?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

The start of this thread the discussion was about what to do with our top five pick. That probably had about as much chance of coming true as Carter being drafted by the Steelers.

If Porter is still there, I think they take him, even if Can Sutton is re-signed.

Who wants a CB that wears glasses, he'll never see the ball.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Who wants a CB that wears glasses, he'll never see the ball.
    He'll just sense its presences.