Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers' Mike Tomlin Will 'Absolutely' Consider Lineup, Staff Changes amid 1-4 Start

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Re: Steelers' Mike Tomlin Will 'Absolutely' Consider Lineup, Staff Changes amid 1-4 Start

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

Hell, maybe let Pickett call his own plays. Succeed or fail that would at least be a fun experiment to watch, and it would allow Pickett to work out that part of his brain, like a muscle.
    that’s a good idea, he seems like studious intelligent guy, I bet he’d do better than Canada, after all Bradshaw called his own plays.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers' Mike Tomlin Will 'Absolutely' Consider Lineup, Staff Changes amid 1-4 Start

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    that’s a good idea, he seems like studious intelligent guy, I bet he’d do better than Canada, after all Bradshaw called his own plays.
    And he couldn't even spell cat!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    And he couldn't even spell cat!
    Devin Bush has entered the conversation...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm glad Warren got more carries yesterday!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So consideration was all it got…no action?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So consideration was all it got…no action?
    Never a bad time to fire Canada....This is too late at this point but this is not a reason that Canada still has a job

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I doubt consideration was even given.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I MIGHT understand giving someone the benefit of the doubt but at what point do you not stop and realize smoke has been blown up your ass and you have been fooled .....

There is a reason 2 is a magic number for Canada (the two being how long (max) he seems to stay at each stop along the coaching trail) he is a good bullshitter that buys himself an extra payday from the gullible .....

NC State

In 2013, Canada became offensive coordinator at NC State working under head coach Dave Doeren. Canada had previously worked under Doeren at Northern Illinois in 2011. After the 2014 season, Canada agreed to a new 3-year contract with NC State shortly after interviewing for the offensive coordinator job at Tennessee.[4] He was subsequently let go by NC State following the 2015 season.[5]
    Pitt

In 2016, Canada was hired as offensive coordinator at Pitt.[6] For his work during the 2016 season, he was named one of five finalists for the Broyles Award, given annually to the top assistant coach in college football.[7]
    LSU

On December 14, 2016, Canada was hired to become the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at LSU.[8] He held those positions for the 2017 season and on January 5, 2018, LSU and Canada mutually agreed to part ways.[9]
    Maryland

On January 22, 2018, Canada agreed to become the offensive coordinator at the University of Maryland.[10]
    On August 11, 2018, Canada became interim head coach for the Maryland Terrapins after D.J. Durkin was put on administrative leave following the death of Jordan McNair, an offensive lineman for the Maryland Terrapins.[11] On November 17, 2018, Maryland came close to knocking off #3 ranked Ohio State, narrowly losing 52-51 in overtime.[12] Maryland finished the season 5-7, failing to qualify for a bowl game. After Mike Locksley was hired as the permanent head coach at Maryland going forward, Canada was relieved of the day-to-day head coaching responsibilities.[13] Canada was then replaced by Scottie Montgomery as offensive coordinator.[14]
    Pittsburgh Steelers

On January 15, 2020, Canada was hired by the Pittsburgh Steelers as their quarterbacks coach.[15] On January 25, 2021, Canada was promoted to offensive coordinator of the Steelers, replacing Randy Fichtner.[16]
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I MIGHT understand giving someone the benefit of the doubt but at what point do you not stop and realize smoke has been blown up your ass and you have been fooled .....

There is a reason 2 is a magic number for Canada (the two being how long (max) he seems to stay at each stop along the coaching trail) he is a good bullshitter that buys himself an extra payday from the gullible .....
    Something is "not right" when a guy consistently changes jobs every 1-2 years. I realize coaches move around, but leaving these teams (LSU and NC State) after one year of a 3 year deal smells rotten. I went to NC State and have college buddies who still live in Raleigh, NC, and follow the Wolfpack closely and they told me that Canada rubbed people within the program the wrong way when he was there. I live in MD now and I heard the same type of personality issues happened when he was at the University of MD. So not only does Canada appear to be ineffective as an OC, he also appears to have a personality that is difficult.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Where was he “successful”?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Where was he “successful”?
    From what I have read he has been dining out on one good season at Pitt and some praise from his QBs while he was at LSU.

And that he claims to run a modern motion based system that blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    From what I have read he has been dining out on one good season at Pitt and some praise from his QBs while he was at LSU.

And that he claims to run a modern motion based system that blah blah blah.
    One of which we have seen yet…

He’s a sham!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Canada must still be saving the good stuff in his playbook for the playoff run...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Steelers' Mike Tomlin Will 'Absolutely' Consider Lineup, Staff Changes amid 1-4 Start

Proved to be nothing but Lip service ....fire him too

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Claypool gone. Sims promoted. That’s a change.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Claypool gone. Sims promoted. That’s a change.
    Unfortunately you could add the greatest show on turf personnel and we would still suck with this offense plan.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Unfortunately you could add the greatest show on turf personnel and we would still suck with this offense plan.
    true

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

He said he'd consider staff changes, so what were the staff changes? Did they fire the janitor and replace him with the practice squad janitor?

I mean, it's not like you're going to find a top-10 janitor in the middle of a season, but PFF ranks our janitor worst in the league.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Unleashing hell once again

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Still considering...

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

He said he'd CONSIDER staff changes....He didn't actually lead anyone to believe he'd actually DO the changes. LOL

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    He said he'd CONSIDER staff changes....He didn't actually lead anyone to believe he'd actually DO the changes. LOL
    Tomlin is either laughing at the fans and media or he doesn't know what the hell he's doing

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Fire the ball boy and the guy who cleans the weight room after hours
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Those would be good openings for Canada, commensurate with his skill set.

Can Mike Tomlin spell cat ????????????????

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Why? What did I do?