Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers' Mike Tomlin Will 'Absolutely' Consider Lineup, Staff Changes amid 1-4 Start

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers' Mike Tomlin Will 'Absolutely' Consider Lineup, Staff Changes amid 1-4 Start

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...amid-1-4-start

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers' Mike Tomlin Will 'Absolutely' Consider Lineup, Staff Changes amid 1-4 Start

Canada needs to go. Worse OC since 1998 Ray Sherman.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Steelers' Mike Tomlin Will 'Absolutely' Consider Lineup, Staff Changes amid 1-4 Start

Tomlin will retire? ��
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Canada needs to go first, then Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Canada needs to go for sure. Just curious who you guy's and gal's like for a replacement?

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    Canada needs to go for sure. Just curious who you guy's and gal's like for a replacement?
    Ben Roethlisberger, although he said he doesn't want to coach. However, money talks. Pay the man!

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger, although he said he doesn't want to coach. However, money talks. Pay the man!
    Good choice! I would love for Ben to be both the OC and the Qb coach.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

For this season, short term…Mike Sullivan. He won’t be great but he should be better than Canada. I’d throw as much money as I could to get Frank Reich if the Colts let him go and I would bring back Munchak if they are still on good terms with him. He should already be back by now. If I’m Tomlin, I’m doing the moves this week and making a statement…Canada out, Sullivan in, making calls to Munchak. Also making calls to find someone who knows how to coach WRs. Danny Smith…safe for now…bigger fish to fry…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

knowing tomlin, the staff changes will be firing the ball boy, and then he'll add a WR to the practice squad
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Tomlin needs to go, he is the captain of this shit show. Tomlin is NOT a good coach.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    For this season, short term…Mike Sullivan. He won’t be great but he should be better than Canada. I’d throw as much money as I could to get Frank Reich if the Colts let him go and I would bring back Munchak if they are still on good terms with him. He should already be back by now. If I’m Tomlin, I’m doing the moves this week and making a statement…Canada out, Sullivan in, making calls to Munchak. Also making calls to find someone who knows how to coach WRs. Danny Smith…safe for now…bigger fish to fry…
    Agreed on making OC - that should be a priority. Line coach too. WR's are not doing their jobs, poor technique and lack of concentration is on poor practice - game prep and coaching. Ultimately Tomlin is responsible - he's got to make changes otherwise the stink will reach his office.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Agreed on making OC - that should be a priority. Line coach too. WR's are not doing their jobs, poor technique and lack of concentration is on poor practice - game prep and coaching. Ultimately Tomlin is responsible - he's got to make changes otherwise the stink will reach his office.
    If changes aren’t made, then the Rooneys will need to make the ultimate change.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

The WRs performance as a group over the last 3 years has been pretty lousy. Many blamed Ben but they are all giving up picks, dropping passes, running lousy routes.

Canada has got to go, just to set a tone.

Find a really good QB and WR coach.

They really need a good OC that can set a cohesive coaching staff with an actual plan .

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Give more touches to Warren

Demote Claypool. Give someone else who's WR3/4/5 more reps in his place.

I don't know if it's the best move to fire an OC in the middle of the season, but if that happens, I won't argue the decision

It’s not so much “line up changes” Mike..,

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Canada needs all of his playcalling duties removed, or better yet, removed entirely. His gameplans are terrible.

Jaylen Warren needs promoted to starter and Najee to second string. Najee, whatever his problem is, is hurting the offense when he's on the field.

DJ and Claypool demoted to 3rd and 4th string.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s not so much “line up changes” Mike..,
    They could have massive line-up changes if they were just able to field their starting 22 and not "random lucky fan off the street".

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Good choice! I would love for Ben to be both the OC and the Qb coach.
    coaching requires watching film and preperation. things Ben didnt like to do.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Not much they'll do in-season.

Just some possible/likely ideas. Fire Canada, promote Sullivan as the OC for the rest of the season, I'd do this tomorrow. More snaps for Warren over Najee, Sims/Gunner cut for Calvin Austin(and use him!!!), listen and consider all trade offers. More snaps for Mark Robinson at ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Canada needs all of his playcalling duties removed, or better yet, removed entirely. His gameplans are terrible.

Jaylen Warren needs promoted to starter and Najee to second string. Najee, whatever his problem is, is hurting the offense when he's on the field.

DJ and Claypool demoted to 3rd and 4th string.
    2 and 4. Pickens is clearly the best and most reliable receiver. He's the 1. DJ with all his anti-clutch tendencies, is still the clear cut #2. Claypool needs to be demoted to 4, the #3 needs to be someone you can count on (in the modern NFL the #3 is a starter), and he ain't it.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    2 and 4. Pickens is clearly the best and most reliable receiver. He's the 1. DJ with all his anti-clutch tendencies, is still the clear cut #2. Claypool needs to be demoted to 4, the #3 needs to be someone you can count on (in the modern NFL the #3 is a starter), and he ain't it.
    In ClYpools defense, he was much better today than in previous eeeks. Number 3 would be Freiermuth.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    knowing tomlin, the staff changes will be firing the ball boy, and then he'll add a WR to the practice squad
    This.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Watching a few other games today, I don't see teams that just have that much more talent then us. Definitely deeper talent on some. Dallas may have one of the best O lines in the league. But at some point it has to be coaching at all levels WR coach QB coach OC, even DC , when the defensive stars play lights out, one of the best in the league but over all scheme minus "super start" level talent it's just not there.

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Watching a few other games today, I don't see teams that just have that much more talent then us. Definitely deeper talent on some. Dallas may have one of the best O lines in the league. But at some point it has to be coaching at all levels WR coach QB coach OC, even DC , when the defensive stars play lights out, one of the best in the league but over all scheme minus "super start" level talent it's just not there.

The Rams kinda counter this.

They lose some talent at OL and their bet on Allen Robinson has totally failed. So now they’re offense is stuck in the mud.

Same coaching staff that looked like geniuses last season with no answers now because they’re missing talent at OT and WR.

It’s not that teams are so much more talented but it’s having talent at key spots.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Q: If we fire Canada, with whom do we replace him?

A: Who cares???

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

This this how I feel about Tomlin. The Steelers could put any coach in his position and achieve what probably should be 0-5 going on 0-9.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

B. Long snapper

C. Holder for the place kicker

D. A traffic cone

E. The guy selling popcorn walking around in the nosebleed section.
    All Defense!

So who was fired today? No one? Yeah, that's what I thought. Tomlin, as usual, is full of crap. I'll believe it when I see it.

So who was fired today? No one? Yeah, that's what I thought. Tomlin, as usual, is full of crap. I'll believe it when I see it.
    I'm all for changes, but I'm also for not making snap decisions. If he decided yesterday they will "consider" changes, expecting them to occur within 24 hours is a little quick, especially for a franchise that notoriously does not make snap decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

They lose some talent at OL and their bet on Allen Robinson has totally failed. So now they’re offense is stuck in the mud.

Same coaching staff that looked like geniuses last season with no answers now because they’re missing talent at OT and WR.

It’s not that teams are so much more talented but it’s having talent at key spots and available.
    FIFY

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

We will know more tomorrow during the press conference of Tomlin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

It’s not that teams are so much more talented but it’s having talent at key spots.
    The rams have been all-in for so many years that their last first round draft pick was in 2016...It paid off with their great result in the last 5 years but at some point when you go all-in all the time you'll end up paying the price, because of a lack of depth in your team... maybe that's the case for them at this point