Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Head coach on the hot seat

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Head coach on the hot seat

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Payton would kill it with the Chargers. I’d love it if he came to AZ though.
    Do you think Kingsbury is out regardless?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    They keep talking about it in the media. I think if they could get Payton, they’d shove Kliff to the side, no qualms…

Payton on the Chargers would be a great move for LA and that name would put asses in the seats. It makes way too much sense for that not to happen…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think he is. I don't see a miraculous turn around and I'm not sure anything short of the NFCCG would save his job.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Kingsbury got that gig because he was such a good OC. Maybe he could be again?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Kingsbury got that gig because he was such a good OC. Maybe he could be again?
    In the Big 12, which was total offense as a league when he was in that role. No more college OCs please. Plus the Cardinals offense sucks.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

In the Big 12, which was total offense as a league when he was in that role. No more college OCs please. Plus the Cardinals offense sucks.
    He actually coached at Houston, Texas A&M, and then Texas Tech. He had top 20 nationally ranked offenses every year. He's had top10 offenses in the NFL the past 2 seasons. The problem with the Cards is defense, and scoring TDs. I think he's worth a look if the Cards fired him. Our defense and a top10 offense sounds pretty good to me.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

There’s some crazy star floating around how the Cards offense collapses in both second half’s of games and over the course of the season.

If Steelers fans think Tomlin doesn’t adjust, they should love Kingsbury’ absolute refusal to adjust ever.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Over $800,000/month for the next 40 months…FOR DOING NOTHING!!!

Good for Matt Rhule!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I saw that…

I think if Payton wanted to go there or if Tomlin became available, Bidwell would say fuck it to the money that is out there and back up a Brinks Truck.

What a surprise....NFL teams have no new ideas on coaches.

Hey....this guy was in the NFL once. He had success (before he made the entire locker-room want to quit). We can just hire him!

What a surprise....NFL teams have no new ideas on coaches.

Hey....this guy was in the NFL once. He had success (before he made the entire locker-room want to quit). We can just hire him!
    Even if it's only 3 or 4 years, I think it's worth it....Harbaugh has been successful with every team as head coach in his career, college or NFL....It's better to have 3 good years than having 0 as several other head coaches!

Even if it's only 3 or 4 years, I think it's worth it....Harbaugh has been successful with every team as head coach in his career, college or NFL....It's better to have 3 good years than having 0 as several other head coaches!
    I doubt it.

I think the next Harbaugh stint in the NFL will be a disaster.

A coach who had control issues went to a college that give him all the control. No way he comes back to the NFL with a more cooperative approach.

Look at whatever happened with the Vikings last year. Word is they said “interview” and Harbaugh heard “assemble your staff”.

So.....ummmmm.......Jeff Saturday......kinda hard to root against the guy....but.....ufff daaaaa....that was quite the collapse.

Seems that head coaching might matter a bit?

Sure look like the Colts players quit.

The Titans are first in their division at 7-5 but.....

But the titans want higher standard and I respect that....This is true that their roster especially for their passing game in offense nothing special.Trading AJ Brown was a bad move and I think that their owner were very sick to see Brown have a big game vs Titans last sunday!....The timing of firing the GM is my only problem

Hmmmm.....someone lost a power struggle?

Gotta figure that whoever was behind the "lets draft Willis and Burks. get them on the same timeline for development. Gives us a far higher ceiling than Tannehill and Brown." got shoved out over the "we were winning with what we had and you messed it up" crowd?

No idea...but this seems like a franchise trying to do two things at once. So maybe the owner finally chose?

Hey who’s that guy that’s killing us out there. We need a receiver like that.

We had a receiver like that…we had HIM! We traded him.

Who traded him?

Jon Robinson did.

Fire Jon Robinson.

Bye bye Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Hey who’s that guy that’s killing us out there. We need a receiver like that.

We had a receiver like that…we had HIM! We traded him.

Who traded him?

Jon Robinson did.

Fire Jon Robinson.

Bye bye Jon.
    That seems totally possible. But if that is the case....then the owner is awful. Because that would either mean that the owner never signed off on the AJ Brown trade in the first place...and whooo boy....that certainly seems like a situation that ownership should have weighed in on....or the owner got emotional after being whupped on TV and fired a pretty decent GM....

I can't wait for more information to come out....but my initial gut reaction is that this was not the best idea anyone ever had...

This is true that the timing is very weird....When you are at 7-5 and in the first place of the division,you need to wait after the season before making this move....The game against the eagles were awful but before that they were 7-2 in their previous 9 games with close loss vs Bengals and Chiefs

I hope the Browns keep Stefanski. He’s one of the more overrated coaches in the league IMO…

I don't know how the rules work in the NFL, but I believe Fangio is currently on staff with the Eagles. Is there such a thing as 'tampering' or rules against talking to or about coaches under contract during the season? I honestly don't know but I thought there was. Either way, Payton and Fangio calling plays for the Chargers would be an interesting development. With the Cardinals I just don't know if it changes much. Are there other teams interested in those 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I don't know how the rules work in the NFL, but I believe Fangio is currently on staff with the Eagles. Is there such a thing as 'tampering' or rules against talking to or about coaches under contract during the season? I honestly don't know but I thought there was. Either way, Payton and Fangio calling plays for the Chargers would be an interesting development. With the Cardinals I just don't know if it changes much. Are there other teams interested in those 2?
    This is news for me if Fangio is with the eagles...I think he takes the years off this year....If Fangio and Payton go with the chargers it would be huge for them and they need to make this move if the chargers don't make the playoffs or they are one and done in the playoffs

Gone!

Lol. Why bother at this point?