Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: if Mitch..........

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: if Mitch..........

I do concede that Mitch would have been better if he’d had a legitimate NFL offense to run. But that ship has sailed. Hopefully KP survives until the new OC next year.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I do concede that Mitch would have been better if he’d had a legitimate NFL offense to run. But that ship has sailed. Hopefully KP survives until the new OC next year.
    Or maybe Trubisky just isn't that good. The Bears tried to move him up from "game manager" and challenged him to improve in 2019, and it didn't work. This video sums it up. There are a lot of parts in it that sound familiar. You'd think Mojouw and other on this board wrote it.

Trubisky only started 13 games in college. He was a project Quarterback at best that was severely overdrafted. If he went in the later rounds (Like his UNC successor Sam Howell), he may have had a develop into a decent backup. Instead he went #2 overall. He's a backup quarterback thrust into the role of a starter.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Or maybe Trubisky just isn't that good. The Bears tried to move him up from "game manager" and challenged him to improve in 2019, and it didn't work. This video sums it up. There are a lot of parts in it that sound familiar. You'd think Mojouw and other on this board wrote it.

Trubisky only started 13 games in college. He was a project Quarterback at best that was severely overdrafted. If he went in the later rounds (Like his UNC successor Sam Howell), he may have had a develop into a decent backup. Instead he went #2 overall. He's a backup quarterback thrust into the role of a starter.
    I didn’t say he was good or would have been good. I said he would have been better if he’d had a legit offense to run. Canada sucks.

I didn’t say he was good or would have been good. I said he would have been better if he’d had a legit offense to run. Canada sucks.
    Yep. A legit offense. A legit offense that calls perfect plays. Perfect schemes. Perfect in all facets.

That's another good reason why he's benched and probably will never see a starting job ever again. Trubisky cannot overcome ANY flaws or elevate above any offensive issues. Receiver is not in the place he needs to be? Defense does something he doesn't expect? Anything where Mitch is required to do more than he needs to do. He locks up.

Take last game. Mitch has a wide open Freiermuth down the middle. But since the conditions weren't perfect, he didn't like his first read. He takes a sack. Same play later in the game. Kenny Pickett in the same situation. Protection doesn't hold and has a free runner right to his face. Pickett doesn't give a shit a zips a laser to Freiermuth right down the middle. You know, that mythical place where stupid Matt Canada "doesn't call plays", according to many and including some this board.

Everything needs to be perfect around Mitch. The perfect OC. The perfect playcall. Perfect play by the receivers. Perfect blocking by the offensive line. Perfect running by the backs. 100% perfection from all facets of the game. Yes, Canada isn't good enough of an OC to magically scheme away Trubisky's issues, now we're starting a new Quarterback who hopefully has the ability to elevate.
    Last edited by Edman; 10-04-2022 at 10:08 PM.

Canada must realize he’s coaching for his job at this point. If it was me, I’d go down swinging.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

That goes for any QB. Kerry Collins made it to the SB basically just cause the rest of the team around him was solid, even though he was trash. And then there's Trent Dilfer
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Who cares…Mitch is on the bench. Irrelevant! Go Kenny!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    That goes for any QB. Kerry Collins made it to the SB basically just cause the rest of the team around him was solid, even though he was trash. And then there's Trent Dilfer
    Mitch couldn't carry Kerry Collins jockstrap lol.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

All I took from that video is, WE SHOULD HIRE NAGY to replace Canada. NAGY works for KC again as a senior assistant and quarterbacks coach. When he was the Bears head coach he tried to get Trustinky to run an Andy Reid like offense. I would have no problem running that here next year with Pickett, Pickens, and Najee.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Nah, the video Edman posted pretty much sums up Trubisky. He just doesn't have "IT". Hell Andy Reid and Bill Walsh could fix him.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 10-06-2022 at 08:35 AM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    All I took from that video is, WE SHOULD HIRE NAGY to replace Canada. NAGY works for KC again as a senior assistant and quarterbacks coach. When he was the Bears head coach he tried to get Trustinky to run an Andy Reid like offense. I would have no problem running that here next year with Pickett, Pickens, and Najee.
    I’ll take Frank Reich next week after he’s fired in Indianapolis…

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’ll take Frank Reich next week after he’s fired in Indianapolis…
    Are you sure Reich will be fired?

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Are you sure Reich will be fired?
    No. But one can hope that he is and he lands in Pittsburgh the next day…

Frank Reich is likely checked out of Indianapolis. That team is sinking fast and may go into a rebuild like the Steelers are. Only they don't have the hope of a Kenny Pickett to fall on.

Frank Reich is likely checked out of Indianapolis. That team is sinking fast and may go into a rebuild like the Steelers are. Only they don't have the hope of a Kenny Pickett to fall on.
    The Colts are a perfect example that it's very hard to find a great QB even when you work very hard to find one...5 different starting QBs in the last 5 years

Of course they are paying the price for ruining Andrew Luck but to be fair with Reich and his current GM, it was the previous front office's fault that Luck was ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Colts are a perfect example that it's very hard to find a great QB even when you work very hard to find one...5 different starting QBs in the last 5 years

Of course they are paying the price for ruining Andrew Luck but to be fair with Reich and his current GM, it was the previous front office's fault that Luck was ruined.
    I think its because the Colts are wasting their time on "Bridge" guys instead of taking their lumps with another young QB. You know, like the Steelers did this year.

The Colts are just another example of why Trubisky was a waste of time here. They thought Reich could "fix" Wentz because he was his coach in Philly, they were wrong. The problem was always Wentz. Wentz was like Trubisky got off to a great start until teams figured him out. He got hurt, Foles won the SB and the rest was history. Now Wentz has bounced from team to team and still doesn't have "IT" because "IT" is something that cannot be coached.

The Colts are just another example of why Trubisky was a waste of time here. They thought Reich could "fix" Wentz because he was his coach in Philly, they were wrong. The problem was always Wentz. Wentz was like Trubisky got off to a great start until teams figured him out. He got hurt, Foles won the SB and the rest was history. Now Wentz has bounced from team to team and still doesn't have "IT" because "IT" is something that cannot be coached.
    Wentz will be a backup QB or out of the NFL after this year!

Wentz was pretty good last season until the last couple games.

He will be around for a while…especially if he’s a back up QB. He’s be one of the better backups out there.

Here's the all 22 on KPs two picks. I recorded them on my phone and posted them to youtube.

Wentz was pretty good last season until the last couple games.

He will be around for a while…especially if he’s a back up QB. He’s be one of the better backups out there.
    Yes but my whole point is that he's NOT a starting QB just like Trubisky isn't.

Wentz is nowhere near Trubisky. The dude was 2000's Ben and could actually play. Wentz tore apart his ACL which destroyed his athleticism and mobility, which exposed his lack of tools everywhere else to compensate. Think Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson if they couldn't move.

Here's the all 22 on KPs two picks. I recorded them on my phone and posted them to youtube.

Thanks for posting that. That first video, the Claypool INT, doesn’t look at all like it was Picketts fault. Even if he leads him like everyone has said, the defender is still right there.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Thanks for posting that. That first video, the Claypool INT, doesn’t look at all like it was Picketts fault. Even if he leads him like everyone has said, the defender is still right there.
    Same for the second pick, KP threw the ball where either PF can catch it, or it goes OOB. It just happened to be tipped straight up in the air (worst possible result) and picked. I would rather KP make that throw than not honestly.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Claypool was going to blow right by him and be wide open IMO. The defender wasn't at speed. He was just moving over and nowhere near the speed needed to keep up with Claypool.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Claypool was going to blow right by him and be wide open IMO. The defender wasn't at speed. He was just moving over and nowhere near the speed needed to keep up with Claypool.
    I'm not sure about that. I think the defender was behind him already, saw it was under thrown and slowed down. Claypool has to win that battle at his size.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    If that’s the case, Pickett is running right and then throwing the ball left over half the length across the field. There’s a good chance the DB or another is catching up to that. The idea of that is unsettling.

Pickens also stands idly by on that second pick and lets his man go get the ball. He needs to be smarter in that moment, and I'm sure he will be.

- - - Updated - - -

The second pick is more egregious IMO. KP waits too long to throw the ball to an open PF and he didn't put enough zip on that ball.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

There are both throws where KP trusted his arm. And he learned that coming in cold off the bench is not easy and that this is the NFL and things happen much faster than they did at Pitt.

He'll either adjust or continue to throw these kind of YOLO picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    There are both throws where KP trusted his arm. And he learned that coming in cold off the bench is not easy and that this is the NFL and things happen much faster than they did at Pitt.

He'll either adjust or continue to throw these kind of YOLO picks.
    That throw was a vintage Brett Favre gamble. Dude never knew when to quit on a play and would make the most ridiculous YOLO throws he had no business making. Favre became a turnover machine because of it. Pickett will either get better at this or become another Favre. The only thing encouraging about is that he still managed to hit Muth in the hands, and we had a bad bounce. If Muth somehow comes down with it, its goes down as an insane play and we're not even talking about it.

Pickett is fearless and I expect a lot of plays like this for the rest of the season. It's on Sullivan and Canada to settle him down. Makes me wish we had a dude like Whipple or Arians on our QB staff.