Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Did You See

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: What Did You See

Pickett played baseball in HS, which I believe owes to his accuracy and why his short/middle throws look like fastballs. Pickett he can throw a decent deep ball, but it may come down to 50/50 balls instead of Ben-to-Wallace strides. Pickens will end up in a lot of Combat catches/Jump balls. We've saw what happened Sunday. A better arm hits Claypool out in front, instead its a combat catch that Claypool lost. Pickett has to realize his limitations here.

Arm Strength can be worked on and improved, but I don't think Pickett has that many crippling issues throwing intermediate. I see a lot of Defenses testing Pickett early with Zone coverage.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If Pickett leads Claypool, its a walk-in TD.

As it was, Claypool was given the opportunity to fight for a ball. Hines Ward would have come down with that reception.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Maybe, but Kuhn would turned it into a twelve point play and not stopped until he was in Canton.
    We should have never cut him, we would have 20 super bowls now!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

As it was, Claypool was given the opportunity to fight for a ball. Hines Ward would have come down with that reception.
    So would George Pickens or Diontae probably.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    So would George Pickens or Diontae probably.

Diontae couldn't make the play on the ball that hit him in the hands without being contested , assuming he makes any play is a stretch sure he will make some but he is A-L-W-A-Y-S good for leaving a play or 3 on the field he should have made so I do not count on him or assume he will make any specific play
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Maybe, but Kuhn would turned it into a twelve point play and not stopped until he was in Canton.
    John Kuhn’s tears cure cancer.

Alas, John Kuhn never cries.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

John Kuhn’s tears cure cancer.

Alas, John Kuhn never cries.
    Blast from the past...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

This guy sums it up perfectly (and funny):

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. Look at the 10:10 mark of that YT video I posted. If he leads him that's picked even more (is that possible ). #29 on the Jets has him covered deep. Claypool has to play like he's 6'4" (even though he actually is) and go up and get that ball. I bet Pickens would have or at least guaranteed #29 didn't get the ball.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 10-04-2022 at 01:47 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    This guy sums it up perfectly (and funny):

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. Look at the 10:10 mark of that YT video I posted. If he leads him that's picked even more (is that possible ). #29 on the Jets has him covered deep. Claypool has to play like he's 6'4" (even though he actually is) and go up and get that ball. I beat Pickens would have or at least guaranteed #29 didn't get the ball.
    Agreed, that was a good summary, thanks for sharing!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Agreed, that was a good summary, thanks for sharing!
    His whole take on Illegal Man Downfield was hilarious.

"I'm not even sure Matt Canada knows that's a penalty."

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Diontae couldn't make the play on the ball that hit him in the hands without being contested , assuming he makes any play is a stretch sure he will make some but he is A-L-W-A-Y-S good for leaving a play or 3 on the field he should have made so I do not count on him or assume he will make any specific play
    Diontae is better at coming back to the ball, might have avoided a 'combat catch' scenario if it was him on that route. At the very least, it would have fell incomplete. Claypool doesn't ever come back to the ball. He waits for it to get there and falls backwards, trying to body catch the ball. All bad things to do if you want to win the point of the catch.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Do you watch other games and take note of how many mistakes other teams' players make? I assure you, it's not only the Steelers' players. Even All-Pro players make them. Jamar Chase was one of the league leaders in drops last year. The Super Bowl winning QB lead the league in interceptions.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Kind of like Chad Pennington (pre shoulder injury) or Mac Jones. It can work but it has to stay in a framework.
    Maybe KP is Drew Brees with the better size and arm?

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Maybe KP is Drew Brees with the better size and arm?
    I can dig it. Similar to Brees they both throw a pretty ball and are dead accurate. Brees imo was the epitome of 'elite accuracy', even more so than Brady IMO

The video isn’t showing up for me…

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I cant help but feel like a Pickett apologist, but I truly dont think any of those 3 interceptions are "on him." I watched the first two in slow motion many times (Skipped the hail mary because, well, its a hail mary and he had to put it up there for any chance at a win).

Pickett has plenty of time to deliver that first throw, and I think regardless of how we feel about his potential, we all seem to universally agree that he is a quick and decisive decision maker. He meant to throw exactly as he did. Pickett didnt throw an arcing ball that didnt go farther downfield because his arm isnt strong enough: Claypool is cutting across the field and the DB that tips the ball would have been in even better position than Claypool to catch a pass that is farther downfield. If Claypool could properly highpoint a ball like a receiver of his size, that ball never even gets tipped and we arent having this conversation. Even the way Claypool fails at high pointing balls makes dropped/deflected passes even more vulnerable to turnovers than they should be.

2nd pick to Freiermuth: Pickett makes the best of having 3 rushers right in his face. Freiermuth is huge and has great hands. Defense was starting to fade. Hindsight is 20/20, but that type of throw to a receiver in that position is either a drop or a catch 95% of the time. Pickett should have thrown that pass

I think Pickett will get humbled big time the next 2-3 weeks, but I think we'll still see him make more than enough plays where we realize he should have been starting in the first place
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

The video isn’t showing up for me…
    What video?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    What video?
    THE video.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler