Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goats thread vs. Jets.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Goats thread vs. Jets.

Defense gets a definite goat for the collapse. But this was probably the best Steelers loss I ever seen.

Kenny Pickett is legitimate. It doesn't show on the stat sheet, but its clear this team responds to him. We had a CHANCE to win. Those close plays will become big plays. The Steelers looked like an NFL team again.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Goats thread vs. Jets.

The fourth quarter collapse was not a problem by this defense in the last 3 years(since 2019)...Now this is a major problem

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1 sack today dispite the Jets having two back up tackles.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

All of the defense gets the goat. Just horrible. Do we even know how to blitz anymore?

Pickett gets the game ball. Yes he threw three picks but one was a Hail Mary, and the other two hit the receiver in their hands, can't complain about that.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

KP did some good things. I liked how he got the ball out quick and he seemed to have timing with his WRs, especially GP. KP has better instincts as a thrower than MT and it only took 1 half to see that.

The negatives...KP shouldn't have thrown that ball and it cost us the game. It was a rookie deer in the headlights moment. He was back pedaling as he threw a prayer to the sideline that was actually catchable, but not a good decision. I can live with it though because I expect he will learn from that. The only thing that worries me about KP is he doesn't appear to have a strong arm.

Canada deserve all the heat he has but can we start to give some heat to Austin too?

I know he is without his best player but Austin was awful in CIN too in 2018 before he has been fired in mid season....

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Losing Edmunds seemed to hurt the secondary noticeably. I think the whole 4th quarter play by the secondary outside of Fitzpatrick was the big goat today.

I would also give a goat to Claypool. The guy has been invisible as a receiver all year, and much of last year too. He repeatedly cannot make a play on a ball despite his immense size. He is a fit athlete with size and speed, but does not seem like a football player. With George Pickens in the fold, I would not be opposed the trading Claypool as it has been ages since he made noticeable contributions in a game.

Boz gets a game ball for the 59 yard FG alone.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    KP did some good things. I liked how he got the ball out quick and he seemed to have timing with his WRs, especially GP. KP has better instincts as a thrower than MT and it only took 1 half to see that.

The negatives...KP shouldn't have thrown that ball and it cost us the game. It was a rookie deer in the headlights moment. He was back pedaling as he threw a prayer to the sideline, that was actually catchable but not a good decision. I can live with it though because I expect he will learn from that. The only thing that worries me about KP is he doesn't appear to have a strong arm.
    Pickett came in cold off the bench and gave the Steelers Defense a 10-point lead in the 4th and those INT's were close plays that went to the Jets D. I'll take it.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers now 0-8 without Watt

TJ Watt to the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    Losing Edmunds seemed to hurt the secondary noticeably. I think the whole 4th quarter play by the secondary outside of Fitzpatrick was the big goat today.

I would also give a goat to Claypool. The guy has been invisible as a receiver all year, and much of last year too. He repeatedly cannot make a play on a ball despite his immense size. He is a fit athlete with size and speed, but does not seem like a football player. With George Pickens in the fold, I would not be opposed the trading Claypool as it has been ages since he made noticeable contributions in a game.

Box gets a game ball for the 59 yard FG alone.
    Claypool has never been able to create separation. Literally all of his targets are 50/50 combat throws. We should have traded him earlier. I'm convinced Miles Boykin can do everything Claypool does.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Canada deserve all the heat he has but can we start to give some heat to Austin too?

I know he is without his best player but Austin was awful in CIN too in 2018 before he has been fired in mid season....
    Wanted to say this same thing. Our defense has been suspect all season except on opening day when TJ and Minkah were wrecking balls (and we still almost lost).

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Steelers now 0-8 without Watt

TJ Watt to the Steelers
    No team should be bad like that without one player,even as great as he is.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Whole team sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

@ Buffalo
    Tampa
    @ Miami
    @ Eagles

Tomlin will have his first losing season with how things are looking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    @ Buffalo
    Tampa
    @ Miami
    @ Eagles

Tomlin will have his first losing season with how things are looking.
    There's a really good chance we lose the next 4 games and are staring at a top 5 draft pick come April

Claypool has never been able to create separation. Literally all of his targets are 50/50 combat throws. We should have traded him earlier. I'm convinced Miles Boykin can do everything Claypool does.
    I wasn't much of a fan when he was drafted. I felt he was more of a late 3rd to early 4th round talent. Looked like I was wrong his rookie season but clearly a fluke.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Steelers are 1-3 against the Jets in the last 4 games they have played

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Steelers are 1-3 against the Jets in the last 4 games they have played

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
    Overall Tomlin is 3-5 vs Jets in the regular season

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Y'all are super harsh.

They were out of guys to play on defense. Edmunds gets concussed and Witherspoon is hurt. So Maulet and LBers have to play coverage. In the second half, every big play was with Maulet, Spillane, or Jack was in coverage. That's because Pierre, Killebrew, and Allen (the literal only guys left) are not playable on defense. Depth matters. And on the two thinnest parts of the roster, it bit them squarely in the butt today.

Many want a pass rush, but don't want LBers in coverage. Well....that's what you get when you try and scheme up blitzes. And injuries are forcing you to stay in base a ton because your out of useful DBs.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

The negatives...KP shouldn't have thrown that ball and it cost us the game. It was a rookie deer in the headlights moment. He was back pedaling as he threw a prayer to the sideline that was actually catchable, but not a good decision. I can live with it though because I expect he will learn from that. The only thing that worries me about KP is he doesn't appear to have a strong arm.
    He just threw a 60yard hail mary that landed at the back of the EZ, I would say his arm is fine, and accurate.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Also...LOL..on trading Claypool. If he's so worthless and a street FA that no one else wanted can do his job...why would any other NFL team trade for him?

I love when the Steelers lose games. The emotional reaction of "This guy sucks!! He's a total zero. Trade him for ALL the high picks!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

TJ Watt allows you to rush 4 and still get early pressure. That is about THE BEST luxury a defense can have. No you can drop a ton of guys into coverage and it just cascades from there to bad things for the offense.

Now you need more than 4 to generate pressure. That exposes a defensive backfield that isn't exactly super-duper. Couple that with their hestitancy to take LBers off the field because of injury to DBs and they still don't trust their run defense....and it is not hard to see how it ends up with big plays for the offense.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Y'all are super harsh.

They were out of guys to play on defense. Edmunds gets concussed and Witherspoon is hurt. So Maulet and LBers have to play coverage. In the second half, every big play was with Maulet, Spillane, or Jack was in coverage. That's because Pierre, Killebrew, and Allen (the literal only guys left) are not playable on defense. Depth matters. And on the two thinnest parts of the roster, it bit them squarely in the butt today.

Many want a pass rush, but don't want LBers in coverage. Well....that's what you get when you try and scheme up blitzes. And injuries are forcing you to stay in base a ton because your out of useful DBs.
    Yep. Besides, the offense has been such a shitshow all season so far (until it finally started to show a pulse when Pickett went in), I'm not blaming a damn thing on the defense.

Expecting an NFL defense to pitch shutouts every week when the offense goes 3-and-out constantly is not realistic.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Also...LOL..on trading Claypool. If he's so worthless and a street FA that no one else wanted can do his job...why would any other NFL team trade for him?

I love when the Steelers lose games. The emotional reaction of "This guy sucks!! He's a total zero. Trade him for ALL the high picks!!!"
    Don’t forget….”fire all the coaches”!

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yep. Besides, the offense has been such a shitshow all season so far (until it finally started to show a pulse when Pickett went in), I'm not blaming a damn thing on the defense.

Expecting an NFL defense to pitch shutouts every week when the offense goes 3-and-out constantly is not realistic.
    True but the fourth quarter defense were so disappointing on defense today.

Y'all are super harsh.

If KP doesn't throw that int and the offense steps up for one time all season we win that game and aren't having this discussion.

The next 4 games are brutal. Buffalo is going to hang 40 on our heads. Our running game is still trash. That will really help the young QB. There's not much positives you can take from this loss. They needed this one and they shit the bed once again.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

TJ Watt allows you to rush 4 and still get early pressure. That is about THE BEST luxury a defense can have. No you can drop a ton of guys into coverage and it just cascades from there to bad things for the offense.

Now you need more than 4 to generate pressure. That exposes a defensive backfield that isn't exactly super-duper. Couple that with their hestitancy to take LBers off the field because of injury to DBs and they still don't trust their run defense....and it is not hard to see how it ends up with big plays for the offense.
    No one is saying you'll get high draft picks for Claypool. I think a 4th or a 5th is fair. 3rd if you're lucky. And I'd jump all over it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Y'all are super harsh.

None of that stops the offensive line from getting abused by a terrible D-Line. None of that stops the O-Line from getting some push. None of that keeps Chase Claypool from jumping like an idiot for every pass thrown his way. He's really tiresome to watch. None of that stops DJ from dropping the ball. The defense did what they could under the circumstance. The offense was still a shit show even with Pickett in there. With an average offense they win this game.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a player that would be left after all these trades? Maybe Watt and about 43 draft picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

If KP doesn't throw that int and the offense steps up for one time all season we win that game and aren't having this discussion.

The next 4 games are brutal. Buffalo is going to hang 40 on our heads. Our running game is still trash. That will really help the young QB. There's not much positives you can take from this loss. They needed this one and they shit the bed once again.

- - - Updated - - -

No one is saying you'll get high draft picks for Claypool. I think a 4th or a 5th is fair. 3rd if you're lucky. And I'd jump all over it.
    In what world does Claypool - at least the version most of you see -- worth a 4th round pick? That is just absolutely illogical.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

- - - Updated - - -

If Pickens would have caught the Hail Mary in the EZ we would have won too, if Minkah would have intercepted the other several he had chance too, we would have won. What is your point saying this multiple times? That one play didn’t lose the game.

[QUOTE=86WARD;810947]None of that stops the offensive line from getting abused by a terrible D-Line. None of that stops the O-Line from getting some push. None of that keeps Chase Claypool from jumping like an idiot for every pass thrown his way. He's really tiresome to watch. None of that stops DJ from dropping the ball. The defense did what they could under the circumstance. The offense was still a shit show even with Pickett in there. With an average offense they win this game./QUOTE]

And I was not addressing that. I was addressing those postings that specifically targeted the defense.

In what world does Claypool - at least the version most of you see -- worth a 4th round pick? That is just absolutely illogical.
    He has 2 800 yard seasons under his belt. You would absolutely start at a 3rd or 4th and negotiate from there. Illogical my ass.

We have seen what Claypool can do. He's a 1 trick pony.