Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think the Trubisky experiment is over

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I think the Trubisky experiment is over

See subject, that is all.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: I think the Trubisky experiment is over

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    See subject, that is all.
    I think you're right, though it should have been over after week 1
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Should've been done after the Patriots. Now we are left starting Pickett trial by fire against the gauntlet of the schedule.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Should've been done after the Patriots. Now we are left starting Pickett trial by fire against the gauntlet of the schedule.
    Ben started off his career against some tough teams, including the Patriots riding a 21 game winning streak and Philly that was 7-0 at the time. I say bring it on.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Well let's hope with a week to prepare they are better, but that loss was on the defense.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Pickett will finally get some confidence by practicing with the first team offense, Pickett gives the Steelers the best chance at winning even with crazy tough schedule

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Well let's hope with a week to prepare they are better, but that loss was on the defense.
    True even if the second interception was awful,no excuse to give up a 91 yards drive and 65 yards drive TD in back to back drive.Time to know what we have in Pickett in the last 13 games...We all know that we had nothing in Mitch expect for Tomlin and Dwinsgames

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

He had a better game than MT in less time played. Defense needed to get a stop at the end and failed. We will have one win going into the bye, but hopefully he will improve every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    He had a better game than MT in less time played. Defense needed to get a stop at the end and failed. We will have one win going into the bye, but hopefully he will improve every game.
    This is the only goal at this point.The playoffs are out of the question for now

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Should've been done after the Patriots.
    This.

A 4-13 season lands us a really good OL pick.

I prefer to go in other position if we have a 4-13 season.To pick a olineman in the top 5-10 in the draft is not good value.Early in the second round should to have enough good o-line left in the draft

But of course I am maybe alone to think it

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Four wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

This was the worst way to handle Pickett as a rookie. He gets his first start halfway through a game vs. the Jets in week 4. Pickett was not prepared for the game and did not practice. He hasn't had many reps with the first team.

The Steelers next 4 opponents have a combined record of 12-3.

At least Pickett is starting but I believe the right way to have done that would have been to start Nov. 13th against the Saints after the bye.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    This was the worst way to handle Pickett as a rookie. He gets his first start halfway through a game vs. the Jets in week 4. Pickett was not prepared for the game and did not practice. He hasn't had many reps with the first team.

At least Pickett is starting but I believe the right way to have done that would have been to start Nov. 13th against the Saints after the bye.
    They had a psuedo-bye and still stuck it out with Trubisky. Pickett should've practiced and started. Tomlin outsmarting himself again.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post

Or have him take all the reps on a long week instead of zero. Considering he took no reps this last week, I am that much more impressed at his game today.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Four wins?
    Yes because Tomlin will win 3 more games somehow.

Or DL, Cam unfortunately is starting to look his age. Dude has had ZERO impact in the last 3 games, when he's the guy we need to step up with TJ out. Every time I see him he's getting pushed backwards on every play.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Or DL, Cam unfortunately is starting to look his age. Dude has had ZERO impact in the last 3 games, when he's the guy we need to step up with TJ out. Every time I see him he's getting pushed backwards on every play.
    Anything other than OL isn’t an option…

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

They had a psuedo-bye and still stuck it out with Trubisky. Pickett should've practiced and started. Tomlin outsmarting himself again.
    Yeah that could have worked also. But it's so early in the season that wouldn't it have been nice if Pickett started week 1 instead of week 4? Got first team reps all of August. Timing throws is a big part of his game.

Oh well at least he's back there now. Season is so much more watchable and significant now. Next week Pickett throws his first four TD passes!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    He looks like Kyle on Last Man Standing.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I'm worried that Trubisky might start again next week due to the INTs. Gonna be really pissed if that happens.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    He looks like Kyle on Last Man Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I'm worried that Trubisky might start again next week due to the INTs. Gonna be really pissed if that happens.
    Oh God…Pickett came in for Trubisky who was “hurt” after taking a hit but is “good to go” this week???

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    The first one Claypool has to do better. The second one was a poor decision but still hit Muth in the hands, the third one was a Hail Mary and I don't count those.

"I don't think Kenny did anything to lose his job", right Tomlin? Seriously if you judge a rookie on that after being put in a game cold with no first team reps then you SUCK as a coach.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

The first one Claypool has to do better. The second one was a poor decision but still hit Muth in the hands, the third one was a Hail Mary and I don't count those.

"I don't think Kenny did anything to lose his job", right Tomlin? Seriously if you judge a rookie on that after being put in a game cold with no first team reps then you SUCK as a coach.
    it hit him in the fingers at the top of his catch radius after a ridiculous effort by Moooooooooooth , it didnt hit him in the hands and it was WAY over his head a absolute horrible throw dont make excuses for him hell if it had been Mitch you would be foaming at the mouth at how bad it was ...be consistent if you are anything
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Widely reported that he is playing hurt. I think Cam even finally admitted so post game.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar