Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Week 4: NY Jets @ STEELERS

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 4: NY Jets @ STEELERS

This is a tough one. The Defense failed this one.

We waited way too long to turn to Pickett.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

In one way or another for most Steelers fans - this is Mitch’s fault

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I don't understand why teams don't kick off and keep it in bounds to burn clock.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Having another timeout would've been nice
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Nice catch by Pickens. Too bad they wasted two timeouts on injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

We were never going to win the Super Bowl this year. But at least this season now has a purpose and is worth watching.

I’m FINE with Pickett going through his growing pains and learning from them as quickly as possible.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They do that all the time…it’s terrible.
    Your alternative was Pierre, Killebrew, or Allen.

We know they stink as well

Those Patriots and Browns games are going to sting down the road. Definitely.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

At least he has an arm...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    We were never going to win the Super Bowl this year. But at least this season now has a purpose and is worth watching.

I’m FINE with Pickett going through his growing pains and learning from them as quickly as possible.
    Came in off the bench and got the team energized and the offense moving and got us a very sizable lead. While the outcome isn't what we wanted, we couldn't have asked more from Pickett. We'll be back from this.

Week 4: NY Jets @ STEELERS

Hat trick of INTs!

Kenny three picks!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    In one way or another for most Steelers fans - this is Mitch’s fault
    Welp, another lousy first half on offense at home against one of the worst teams in the league certainly didn't help the cause.

The offense finally had a pulse after Pickett went in.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Watt is out. Witherspoon was inactive. Edmunds left the game early. Highsmith was banged up and wasn't the same as the game went on. Minkah left the game and was playing banged up. Heyward had no business being in the game on the last couple plays after the ankle.

I'm not trying to be too dramatic here, but you could see the game change as the players kept getting hurt late, plus they lost timeouts when guys went down so they couldn't control the clock.

They need to get healthy defensively and see what everyone can do at full strength.

I just know that the offense played with more passion, and we will get to see how this goes as he is able to prepare to be the starting quarterback with the offense tailored to him(Hopefully). If he does start, he's going to be playing against better teams and better defenses in the next 5 or so games. Let's see what he's got.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    This defense gave up too many 3rd and long conversions.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
    They play off to much when they get a team in 2nd and 19.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I just know that the offense played with more passion, and we will get to see how this goes as he is able to prepare to be the starting quarterback with the offense tailored to him(Hopefully). If he does start, he's going to be playing against better teams and better defenses in the next 5 or so games. Let's see what he's got.
    This. I'm gonna be Hulk-smash angry if Trubisky gets the start again next week. They're already in a 1-3 hole, so they may as well let it ride with Pickett. Things are certainly NOT going to get better with Trubisky starting.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Hat trick of INTs!

Kenny three picks!
    His Mafia name is Kenny 3 picks.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Watt is out. Witherspoon was inactive. Edmunds left the game early. Highsmith was banged up and wasn't the same as the game went on. Minkah left the game and was playing banged up. Heyward had no business being in the game on the last couple plays after the ankle.

I'm not trying to be too dramatic here, but you could see the game change as the players kept getting hurt late, plus they lost timeouts when guys went down so they couldn't control the clock.

They need to get healthy defensively and see what everyone can do at full strength.

Good D if healthy. Also 2 backup safeties on IR/suspension. Maulet sucks against the pass.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk