Thread: NFL Players Association terminates Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant involved in Bills-Dolphins controversy

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL Players Association terminates Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant involved in Bills-Dolphins controversy

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: NFL Players Association terminates Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant involved in Bills-Dolphins controversy

“MISTAKES”

Sure. Basically they got caught pushing a player back into the game.

It happens every Sunday and this was just bad enough for someone to care.

These doctors are about as independent as my hand is to my wrist.

Re: NFL Players Association terminates Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant involved in Bills-Dolphins controversy

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    “MISTAKES”

Some are better that other....I mean in the 2020 playoffs in a close game,Mahomes was not back in the game after a concussion in the second half and it was a close game against the browns(the score final was 22-17 KC)

Some did their job like the chiefs,some did not like the dolphins

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Some are better that other....I mean in the 2020 playoffs in a close game,Mahomes was not back in the game after a concussion in the second half and it was a close game against the browns(the score final was 22-17 KC)

Some did their job like the chiefs,some did not like the dolphins
    Good point.

I just don’t buy the system isn’t rigged a bit.

No one questions that some team docs don’t always have a player’s best long term interest at heart.

I’ve got a really hard time believing this is much different.

If Tua didn’t get another head injury in the only prime time game of the day, this likely gets largely ignored.

It took a random set of chances for what is most likely largely business as usual to both someone in the butt.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

“MISTAKES”

I would certainly agree that they're not.

I read the book below years ago - Rob Huizenga was a team doctor for the Raiders in the '80s-'90s. An eye-opening read to say the least.

NFL teams pressure these doctors big time to clear players to play when they shouldn't. And if anything, it's probably only gotten worse over the years as the money has gotten bigger.

You're Okay, It's Just a Bruise

Good point.

I just don’t buy the system isn’t rigged a bit.

No one questions that some team docs don’t always have a player’s best long term interest at heart.

I’ve got a really hard time believing this is much different.

If Tua didn’t get another head injury in the only prime time game of the day, this likely gets largely ignored.

It took a random set of chances for what is most likely largely business as usual to both someone in the butt.
    The NFL and the NFLPA should have told the dolphins not to play Tua in short week after what happened against the bills. No doubt the dolphins were not safe in this situation, same thing for the NFL...This tweet was before the game vs CIN

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Hopefully they name the doctor(s). They don’t deserve to be practicing…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Hopefully they name the doctor(s). They don’t deserve to be practicing…
    I'm not for public lynchings. However, I do hope that person is brought before his licensing body and/or review board and held accountable.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

rub some dirt on it
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I'm not for public lynchings. However, I do hope that person is brought before his licensing body and/or review board and held accountable.
    That's pretty mush what I mean. There should be some serious repercussions for screwing this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    That's pretty mush what I mean. There should be some serious repercussions for screwing this up.
    Did the doctor actually screw up, or was the doctor simply following orders? This is the same team that offered a former HC money to tank games, after all.

The removal of this doctor follows the typical PR playbook of the NFL in general during the Goodell era. Find a scapegoat and then punish them in the hope that the media shuts up and stops squawking about it soon (and it probably will just as soon as the rest of this week's games have concluded and there are new things to talk about). Meanwhile, the much deeper problem that precipitated the whole mess to begin with is conveniently glossed over and ignored.

If anyone really believes that the NFL gives a damn about player safety, I have a bridge to sell them. Cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Did the doctor actually screw up, or was the doctor simply following orders? This is the same team that offered a former HC money to tank games, after all.

The removal of this doctor follows the typical PR playbook of the NFL in general during the Goodell era. Find a scapegoat and then punish them in the hope that the media shuts up and stops squawking about it soon (and it probably will just as soon as the rest of this week's games have concluded and there are new things to talk about). Meanwhile, the much deeper problem that precipitated the whole mess to begin with is conveniently glossed over and ignored.

If anyone really believes that the NFL gives a damn about player safety, I have a bridge to sell them. Cheap.
    Yup. There’s too much money tied up in this for teams not to cheat the system. Players are conveniently preconditioned to not gripe. They want to play no matter what. Heck, Shazier made efforts to come back.

Owners are mostly dudes that no one has said “no” to in decades. View players as disposable inventory.

I’m sure not all operate that way. But enough do that it’s hard to overlook sometimes. As a fan, it gets difficult to ignore the gross parts of all this sometimes.

That being said, I’m hooked. Looking forward to my fix on Sunday.