Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 4

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Week 4

Anyone watching Dolphins-Bengals? Tua took a nasty fall to the back of the head and was carried off on a stretcher. He had a similar fall last week (that was even worse) that had him wobbly and they said no concussion. Can't tell me that wasn't a concussion. Dolphins medical staff could be in deep shit.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Week 4

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Anyone watching Dolphins-Bengals? Tua took a nasty fall to the back of the head and was carried off on a stretcher. He had a similar fall last week (that was even worse) that had him wobbly and they said no concussion. Can't tell me that wasn't a concussion. Dolphins medical staff could be in deep shit.
    This is going to be a problem. It looked horrible and seems to call the entire process into attention. Plus a prime time game. Optics are awful for the Phins and the league.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

This tweet was before it happen

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

It wasn't a fall. He was thrown to the ground.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Oh but the NFL "cares" about its players. Disgrace.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

TUA-Gate

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Was Tua's first "concussion" Sunday really a concussion or did it just look look like it the same way Edelman looked like he got one but didn't?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Concussions can be tricky. Tua was evaluated by independent doctors, spoke to the media, interacted with other players, was normal during the week. Last night they said he was different.

Concussions can be tricky. Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t have one last Sunday but last night he definitely looked it.

What was more shady was how Prime TV didn’t even MENTION that Tua was banged up with a possible concussion four days earlier…looked like the NFL put the stop to that…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Concussions can be tricky. Tua was evaluated by independent doctors, spoke to the media, interacted with other players, was normal during the week. Last night they said he was different.

Concussions can be tricky. Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t have one last Sunday but last night he definitely looked it.

What was more shady was how Prime TV didn’t even MENTION that Tua was banged up with a possible concussion four days earlier…looked like the NFL put the stop to that…
    Oh last night he had one without question.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Damage control, for sure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Was Tua's first "concussion" Sunday really a concussion or did it just look look like it the same way Edelman looked like he got one but didn't?

In this case it's less obvious, because at first glance, you could say he lost his balance playing at full speed trying to make a football move. Tua fell down just trying to jog back to the huddle, not once, but twice, and needed help from his teammates just to walk straight. The team said it was a back injury, sorry not buying it.

In this case it's less obvious, because at first glance, you could say he lost his balance playing at full speed trying to make a football move. Tua fell down just trying to jog back to the huddle, not once, but twice, and needed help from his teammates just to walk straight. The team said it was a back injury, sorry not buying it.
    Yeah, the bad back claim is a little hard to believe except that Tua himself said that.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Yeah, the bad back claim is a little hard to believe except that Tua himself said that.
    Probably the competitor in him didn't want to sit out of any games. But sometimes the coaches have to save a player from themselves. Much like RG3 blowing out his knee, both of them probably had no business being out there.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Damage control, for sure

- - - Updated - - -

So do you think multiple independent doctors would put their career on the line just to see Tua back on the field playing dying he past the concussion tests when really he didn’t? Out of everyone, those doctors have the most to lose.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I suspect players know how to fake their way through the tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I suspect players know how to fake their way through the tests.
    Quite possible but if you’ve ever had a concussion tests, there are some things you cannot fake.

Quite possible but if you’ve ever had a concussion tests, there are some things you cannot fake.
    That’s good to know. I’ve never had a test. I’m pretty sure I’ve had a concussion or two, but no tests.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I was involved with Martial Arts for 20 years. I have had numerous concusions. It isn't fun. Nausea, headaches, double vision, etc... The last one I had put me down for several days. I'm 63 now, and I still remember how it felt. Concussions are not to be taken lightly.

The obvious effects from some concussions are quite mild. A doctor asked me if I had ever had a concussion, I said I didn't think so. He asked me if I ever saw stars after a hit. I said yes. He said, that was a concussion.

NFLPA terminates unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant who was involved in Tua Tagovailoa's concussion check

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Still rather have him over Trubisky.

Still rather have him over Trubisky.
    Of course but Trubisky must not be the standard....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Of course but Trubisky must not be the standard....
    First time Cousins has had a winning record through 4 games…

First time Cousins has had a winning record through 4 games…
    crazy!

- - - Updated - - -

The game in London was just crazy!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don’t get the Steelers game this week. I get the Bills/Ravens instead.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Early Bills Int. Dobbins is back this week, gets a shuffle pass TD from the 3. 7-0 Ravens.

For all Josh Allen does well, he does not put much touch on his passes. 100mph every throw. 7-3 Ravens.

14-0 Jaguars in Philly...They are maybe for real!

Dobbins with 2 TDs. 14-3 Ravens.

Bills fumble. 2 1st qtr turnovers.