Thread: Pro Bowl to be replaced with flag football game - not April Fool's

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Pro Bowl to be replaced with flag football game - not April Fool's

The NFL is replacing the Pro Bowl with weeklong skills competitions and a flag football game, the league announced Monday.

The new event will replace the full-contact showcase started in 1951. It will be renamed "The Pro Bowl Games" and will feature AFC and NFC players showcasing their football and non-football skills in challenges over several days. The 2023 Games will be held in Las Vegas, and the flag football game at Allegiant Stadium is Feb. 5.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-football-game

I mean, I was never all that excited about the Pro Bowl, but could they have picked anything more unintentionally symbolic of the current state of things? I'd be more interested in watching Peyton Manning drill kids with footballs like in that SNL skit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Re: Pro Bowl to be replaced with flag football game - not April Fool's

can't remember the last time i watched the pro bowl anyway, i think the last time i did was when i was given free tickets to it. 2010 the year we played the packers in the sb. and i paid more attention the cheerleaders anyway. this one from atlanta in particular, she was a perfect 10
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Until someone gets hurt playing flag football. They’ll play harder in the flag game then they would in the regular game…bad move…

Ask Robert Edwards how that type of thing worked out for him…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Never watched the pro bowl once. Won’t watch the stupid flag football either.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Cool. Let's watch some pro allstars get a few teeth knocked loose in an exhibition flag football game. At least now if tempers flare they won't have all that protection on. Maybe we can see a real fight. (Sarcasm/I think this is a dumb idea)

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Wait…People care about the Pro Bowl?

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

i went to the probowl in hawaii in 97. met some cool people while standing in line for ridiculous priced beer and ended up leaving at half time and went bar hopping with them.