Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ahead of the Game: Jets week

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Re: Ahead of the Game: Jets week

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    You know what's even better than that? The people who say "You're just a fan, shut up, the coaches always know best."

The "mere fan" argument again. I'm too dumb to have an opinion, look how smart I am. I'm too dumb to understand anything about football, look how smart I am. I want to sit down and shut up, look how smart I am. Blah, blah, blah.

I don't like the complaining, so I'll complain about the complaining. I don't like fans' opinions, they're worthless garbage, but here I am on a fan site posting my opinion. Talk about tedious and boring.
    hey the fans sure knew more about kendrick green last year than tomlin did
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Tomlin watches Trubisky in practice everyday and he probably looks great. He’s not getting beat up in practice, he’s going against a defense with massive holes in the zones, he has plenty of time to make throws…

Game comes around and he looks like shit. Back to practice and Trubisky looks better than he did last week…game comes around and he looks like shit. Practice comes around and Trubisky looks better than Week 2. Game comes around, MT almost looks like an NFL QB and then looks like shit. “He’s making progress”.

He’s a practice guy…just like Geno Smith always has been. He looks great in practice, shit in the game. Tomlin isn’t recognizing that…Trubisky is a veteran guy, “with experience” that a Tomlin thinks gives him the best chance to win…remember, this is a guy who used to never, ever play rookies in a starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    hey the fans sure knew more about kendrick green last year than tomlin did
    Hey, speak for yourself buddy - I'm still reeling from how wrong we were about Antwon Blake.

Like, remember how we Mere Fans were so adamant Blake was a bum, and we should try anyone else? And then Tomlin showed us by starting him all 16 games, and Blake allowed the most yards in league history? Man, I'll never get the egg off my face from that one.

Or how about saying Dri Archer was a shitty draft pick, I'll never live that one down.

Yeah, these coaches are totally mistake-free, we never have any idea what we're talking about. No one should EVER second-guess their decisions unless they're also professional football coaches, or else it is automatically invalid and just tiresome noise.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The decision to start Blake every game in 2015 almost cost a playoffs spot despite to have maybe our best offense in the killer B's era.It was a joke

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The decision to start Blake every game in 2015 almost cost a playoffs spot despite to have maybe our best offense in the killer B's era.It was a joke
    As I recall, the only way we made the playoffs was because of that Broncos game where Blake basically handed 4 TDs in a row to Brock Osweiler all by himself, but the offense went wild and we won 34-27.

They blamed one or two of them on Will Allen, but the poor dude was so hung out to dry by Blake blowing his assignment that he couldn't really do much, or he was in the wrong part of the field because he had to improvise on the fly and go cover Blake's guy instead of be where he was supposed to. Those were some heady times indeed.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

As I recall, the only way we made the playoffs was because of that Broncos game where Blake basically handed 4 TDs in a row to Brock Osweiler all by himself, but the offense went wild and we won 34-27.

They blamed one or two of them on Will Allen, but the poor dude was so hung out to dry by Blake blowing his assignment that he couldn't really do much, or he was in the wrong part of the field because he had to improvise on the fly and go cover Blake's guy instead of be where he was supposed to. Those were some heady times indeed.
    The steelers were down 27-13 at halftime because the Broncos had 4 TD in 4 drives after their RB fumble in the first half and he was benched for the second half.The result were night and day!

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Hey, speak for yourself buddy - I'm still reeling from how wrong we were about Antwon Blake.

Like, remember how we Mere Fans were so adamant Blake was a bum, and we should try anyone else? And then Tomlin showed us by starting him all 16 games, and Blake allowed the most yards in league history? Man, I'll never get the egg off my face from that one.

Or how about saying Dri Archer was a shitty draft pick, I'll never live that one down.

Yeah, these coaches are totally mistake-free, we never have any idea what we're talking about. No one should EVER second-guess their decisions unless they're also professional football coaches, or else it is automatically invalid and just tiresome noise.
    https://youtu.be/edyVNlo5uW0

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Everything about that play……was perfect! Sammy Coates! The bumblebees

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I enjoyed the hideousness of the bumblebee jerseys.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The best thing about fan sites like this is reading posters that honestly think they know more about things and how to do something better than the people who are not only being paid to do that job, but have been doing it successfully for over a decade.
    There are examples all over of guys that came in as rookies and lit up the world. There are also examples from all over of rookies that came in and failed miserably. There are even examples from all over of rookies that were just guys in the end and floated around sports for 8-12 years of obscurity.
    What is the point of repeatedly pounding your own chests and patting your own backs and getting so wound up tight trying to convince everyone on here your way and opinion and thoughts are not only correct but the only way to do things for the desired results. The whining and banter have become tedious and boring noise.

1. Sorry for the frustration and sarcasm of the above post.

2. I get that everyone is 'upset' with the start of the 2022 season so far.

3. It only adds to the frustrations and fans getting upset when you log in here to see every single thread pretty much with the same posts over and over and over. Maybe not word for word but overall the exact same posts.

4. During the draft season, talk on this very forum was that none of these QBs, not even KP looked ready to come into the NFL and be the man. Yet, 3 weeks in and it seems he's now the answer for many. And not only is he the answer, but the HC of the team has become a complete knucklehead for not seeing it. 3 weeks in and the franchise should abandon the 'plan' and just roll the dice on Kenny. Just frustration talking, I know. But the constant repetition of it is nauseating.

5. "Both Can Be True" has become the buzzword/buzzphrase for this first quarter of the 2022 season. Mitch can be bad AND Canada can be bad at the same time, is how I take the meaning. What can also be true is Mitch is bad AND is still the best option at this point in the process/plan.

6. Maybe it's just me being my cranky old self but when a thread is titled Jets Week, I honestly look at it to talk about the upcoming game and maybe talk about some matchups we can exploit OR matchups that don't look good for us AND how 'maybe' the steelers can approach this game. I know I have no control over what happens but that is how I personally view a thread with such a title. There are threads that seem to be more for talk of how bad MT is, some seem to be about Canada's brilliant offensive philosophy. There are some I believe that are titled to include both and/or anything else fans want to complain about players/coaches.

Last. I enjoy coming here and reading your thoughts. I enjoy some of our back and forth discussions. I even enjoy when I post a thought or idea and it gets met with how dumb that thought/idea was and why, when it's not just the 'you're an idiot' response that is. But when the best parts of this forum become boring and tedious I get frustrated. That typically comes out with sarcastic posts. Apologies.

Nobody knows if Kenny is the answer or not for the future at this position...That's why he needs to play to find out if he is our future or not before the 2023 draft since we know that Mitch is not our future...That's why we're so frustrated!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Nobody knows if Kenny is the answer or not for the future at this position...That's why he needs to play to find out if he is our future or not before the 2023 draft since we know that Mitch is not our future...That's why we're so frustrated!
    Sorry if I didn't make clear that I understand that as well.

Old Ben wasn't the answer, knew Rudolph wasn't the answer, people wanted to roll the dice with Trubisky, Trubisky isn't the answer, people want to roll the dice with KP. Grass isn't always greener...and when you're set up to play like shit...the grass looks pretty brown...

There's a pretty long list of things that are wrong with this football team...QB is the easy thing to blame and drone on about...it's what fans do...

The Jets will use the Browns' gameplan I'm thinking. Use those 2 RBs to repeatedly run the ball down our throats until our defense is simply gassed. Carter and Hall look like at least close to the same 1-2 punch that Cleveland brings with Chubb and Hunt.

Defensively the Jets have a very solid DL that will be tough for us to run against. I do not like the matchups in this game, specifically our OL vs their DL. That tired and boring throw short/run long offense we saw last year with Ben may be the better option this week.

I still think we have the better athletes right now and still have a decent shot at a 'W'. I do think it will take a full and complete team effort.

I don't know much about Zach Wilson honestly. What are his strengths he brings, and what are his weaknesses we can maybe exploit?

I’d rather face Wilson this week than Flacco if you are looking at a chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d rather face Wilson this week than Flacco if you are looking at a chance of winning.
    Why is that?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Why is that?
    Wilson has a better chance of making mistakes that lead to punts or turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Wilson has a better chance of making mistakes that lead to punts or turnovers.
    Better chance that Wilson make more big play and have a good game that Flacco too!

It can go either way!

I heard yesterday that Wilson would be the starter. I didn't know if that was a good thing or bad thing. My initial thought is Wilson is mostly an unknown where Flacco is very well known. I think maybe I would rather face what I already know the way this team is playing currently.
    Last edited by Born2Steel; 10-01-2022 at 10:31 AM.

The Jets will use the Browns' gameplan I'm thinking. Use those 2 RBs to repeatedly run the ball down our throats until our defense is simply gassed. Carter and Hall look like at least close to the same 1-2 punch that Cleveland brings with Chubb and Hunt.

Defensively the Jets have a very solid DL that will be tough for us to run against. I do not like the matchups in this game, specifically our OL vs their DL. That tired and boring throw short/run long offense we saw last year with Ben may be the better option this week.

I still think we have the better athletes right now and still have a decent shot at a 'W'. I do think it will take a full and complete team effort.

I don't know much about Zach Wilson honestly. What are his strengths he brings, and what are his weaknesses we can maybe exploit?
    Even with a new QB,I don't think the Jets will be much patient with the running game....They are pass happy like crazy!

Even with a new QB,I don't think the Jets will be much patient with the running game....They are pass happy like crazy!

You may be right. I'm going by the success the Patriots had in the 2nd half and how the Browns played us. If Saleh follows that recipe we could be in trouble. We may have a tough time either way. I would feel better facing a pass happy attack actually.

Why is that?
    Flacco wasn’t bad in place of Wilson and the Jets offense looks more like an NFL offense when Flacco is running it…

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin watches Trubisky in practice everyday and he probably looks great. He’s not getting beat up in practice, he’s going against a defense with massive holes in the zones, he has plenty of time to make throws…

Game comes around and he looks like shit. Back to practice and Trubisky looks better than he did last week…game comes around and he looks like shit. Practice comes around and Trubisky looks better than Week 2. Game comes around, MT almost looks like an NFL QB and then looks like shit. “He’s making progress”.

He’s a practice guy…just like Geno Smith always has been. He looks great in practice, shit in the game. Tomlin isn’t recognizing that…Trubisky is a veteran guy, “with experience” that a Tomlin thinks gives him the best chance to win…remember, this is a guy who used to never, ever play rookies in a starting line up.
    Tomlin has had Ben to rely on his whole HC career up till now. He’s also basically a defensive guy, so he needs good input and feedback from his OC and QB coaches now more than ever - and I don’t think he’s getting it