Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ahead of the Game: Jets week

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Jets week

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    To be honest, I can’t read that novel. I don’t have the attention span to do it right now but to address the first paragraph, there’s plenty examples of players sitting for multiple games and full seasons and have worked out just as well, if not better than Josh Allen. The evaluation period is different. Did anyone honestly think that Tomlin would go with a rookie QB out of the gate? That’s just naive and not knowing Mike Tomlin if they thought that was going to be the case. This is a guy that went years not starting rookie players that probably should’ve been starting.

Each evaluation process is going to be different. We don’t know what they are doing behind closed doors. Sitting worked out well for Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes. For every example of a QB starting out of the gates, there’s an equal and opposite example of a guy sitting.
    If you want to give people shit about their positions but don't have the time in your busy schedule to try and understand their positions...then's there's not much point in having a conversation.

I will make it short:

Steelers hired the wrong coordinator, signed the wrong vet bridge QB, and may as well take it on the chin and see if they drafted the wrong QB. The cherry on top is that the BIGGEST competitive advantage currently afforded NFL teams is having a rookie deal QB that can play decentish. May as well see if your franchise can access that cheat code.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Clearly you pick and choose what posts to read and if you’ve been here long enough you know I don’t usually shut up. Lol.

If been saying for a long time that the ideal time to start Pickett is this week against the Jets. Said it before the season started. It’s just an ideal time to start him. Mini-bye week, at home, against the Jets.

I missed where I said everything should be perfect before starting him.

It’s hilarious that you and some others are so hell bent and adamant about the process of evaluating a QB and when they should or should not be playing. The level of anger has never been higher.
    I mean ... I would say it's more like you are hell-bent and adamant about sticking with a dumb plan that's obviously wrong, and laughing at the people who are right. Wouldn't be the first time. Find it as hilarious as you want, but that is a reflection on you, not me, pal.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Tomlin is a happy man

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    1-7

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    1-7
    sadly it looks like the case

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Jets week

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If you want to give people shit about their positions but don't have the time in your busy schedule to try and understand their positions...then's there's not much point in having a conversation.

I will make it short:

Steelers hired the wrong coordinator, signed the wrong vet bridge QB, and may as well take it on the chin and see if they drafted the wrong QB. The cherry on top is that the BIGGEST competitive advantage currently afforded NFL teams is having a rookie deal QB that can play decentish. May as well see if your franchise can access that cheat code.
    Much better. Don’t take offense…I said I don’t have the attention span right now.

I agree but whether they decide to play Pickett this week, next week or next season, it’s not going to make much of a difference in the evaluation process…especially if they are changing up coordinators at some point. I want to see Pickett play now but I’m not banging the table over it…there’s plenty of time to evaluate him. They’re better off changing to Sullivan and Pickett and see how that goes before seasons end…but who knows. Tomlin thinks Mitch the Bitch is improving each week…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    They might have to give back the Bengals win too…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Much better. Don’t take offense…I said I don’t have the attention span right now.

I agree but whether they decide to play Pickett this week, next week or next season, it’s not going to make much of a difference in the evaluation process…especially if they are changing up coordinators at some point. I want to see Pickett play now but I’m not banging the table over it…there’s plenty of time to evaluate him. They’re better off changing to Sullivan and Pickett and see how that goes before seasons end…but who knows. Tomlin thinks Mitch the Bitch is improving each week…
    As long as Pickett plays like 6+ games at a stretch this season, I'm okay with it.

Anything less than that and it is hard to assess how he responds when defenses figure out his opening move.

I wouidn't read too many of my posts. They are the ravings of shambling lunatic for the most part.

As long as Pickett plays like 6+ games at a stretch this season, I'm okay with it.

Anything less than that and it is hard to assess how he responds when defenses figure out his opening move.

I wouidn't read too many of my posts. They are the ravings of shambling lunatic for the most part.
    I don’t disagree with you…but if the opposite happens, don’t think it’s a big deal either way. I want to see him play asap but if it’s not until next season when Canada is gone, I’m good with that. Maybe Canada won’t be gone…and that would be tragic. But if he is, I don’t mind that Pickett doesn’t have that stink gene on him whatsoever…

Didn’t think it was possible to hate someone more than Denny Smith and Benny Snell…lol

I don’t disagree with you…but if the opposite happens, don’t think it’s a big deal either way. I want to see him play asap but if it’s not until next season when Canada is gone, I’m good with that. Maybe Canada won’t be gone…and that would be tragic. But if he is, I don’t mind that Pickett doesn’t have that stink gene on him whatsoever…

Didn’t think it was possible to hate someone more than Denny Smith and Benny Snell…lol
    I see what you're saying and you might be correct. But I just think it would be incredibly frustrating as an organization, players, and fans to have no idea what KP looks like "in stadiums" at this level.

Also, how many times have we seen coaches get retained to have a shot with the fancy new QB to get it right? A loyal guy like Tomlin? He's too prone to give 2023 to Canada and KP if he hasn't seen it not work in 2022.

I see what you're saying and you might be correct. But I just think it would be incredibly frustrating as an organization, players, and fans to have no idea what KP looks like "in stadiums" at this level.

Also, how many times have we seen coaches get retained to have a shot with the fancy new QB to get it right? A loyal guy like Tomlin? He's too prone to give 2023 to Canada and KP if he hasn't seen it not work in 2022.
    That’s my fear is that Canada gets a “pass” like Tomlin has done with other coaches/injuries.

I can tell you that this hasn’t been easy on Tomlin…he looks like shit…

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well, we could easily be a false 3-0 right now, and I feel we would be at least 2-1 if KP had started the season this year. mT has missed too many open WRs in the first 3 games to make him a viable QB for us. Yes, Canada is terrible, and I certainly don’t want to be one of those perennial bottom dwellers that changes QBs and OCs every other year for decades. At this point I don’t see a reason to not start KP. After this week everything is going to get significantly harder, so if it isn’t this week, it will be at the bye where we will be lucky to be at 2-6.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Barring some real improvement in MT's play, which i'm not counting on, the Steelers will eventually turn to KP this season, its inevitable. The longer they wait the more the losses pile up and the more the rest of the team and fans get frustrated. I don't buy the notion that KP is not ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Well, we could easily be a false 3-0 right now, and I feel we would be at least 2-1 if KP had started the season this year. mT has missed too many open WRs in the first 3 games to make him a viable QB for us. Yes, Canada is terrible, and I certainly don’t want to be one of those perennial bottom dwellers that changes QBs and OCs every other year for decades. At this point I don’t see a reason to not start KP. After this week everything is going to get significantly harder, so if it isn’t this week, it will be at the bye where we will be lucky to be at 2-6.
    Sometimes Admin or a boss doesn't want to admit they were wrong, that's all this could be and it could drag on longer than needed.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I remember vividly in 1998 and 1999 it took Cowher quite a while to pull Kordell when he wasn't getting it done. The same thing happened with Graham in 2000. These men have pride and its tough to admit what you're doing isn't working. This is the first time Tomlin has ever had to deal with something like this. He always had #7 waiting in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    I remember vividly in 1998 and 1999 it took Cowher quite a while to pull Kordell when he wasn't getting it done. The same thing happened with Graham in 2000. These men have pride and its tough to admit what you're doing isn't working. This is the first time Tomlin has ever had to deal with something like this. He always had #7 waiting in the wings.
    The difference,in 1998 and 1999,the backup QB of the steelers was terrible.For 2022,this is a first round pick who is the backup and Tomlin waste the time with MT

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Graham was probably the worst QB for the Steelers I've ever witnessed. Dude was complete trash. Still to this day I wonder how he ever won the starting job. I know a lot of Steelers fans wanted "change" after years of Kordell but ffs they could've done better. At least a Jeff Hostetler or something
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

That's like your wife telling you last night was better than those other times you lasted 3 seconds
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    That's like your wife telling you last night was better than those other times you lasted 3 seconds
    No, that's more like your wife telling you last night was better than the time you had her undress and sit on the bed, and then just had her watch while you shoved a 40 bottle up your ass. And this time it was only a regular beer bottle.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Say what you will about Tomlin but he doesn’t lie. Trubisky did improve.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Tomlin isn't lying. Trubisky did improve in the aspect of going from radioactive waste to poop. Still useless either way.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

By game 17 he might me the 30th or 31st ranked QB in the league. Lots to look forward to...

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Bit of hyperbole there, Tomlin is probably being misled by his brilliant assistants

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Steelers could break 20 this week! Jets are allowing 27 ppg !

Re: Ahead of the Game: Jets week

Now Dotson may be out. Please no Kendrick Green. I'd rather see Hassenauer at LG or the free agent they picked up than Green.

For one half…but it was improvement…lol

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

When you're at the bottom there usually is only one direction to go. Of course if you factor in the 2nd half, he really ended up losing all the ground he gained.

Re: Ahead of the Game: Jets week

Improved how? Until the final drive when the game was out of reach, his line was 15-25, 140 yards, 0 TD, another loss. That's hot steaming shit. He cost us the game.

The only reason he came out looking even remotely "improved" was by racking up meaningless stats against the garbage-time soft zone. Otherwise that was probably going to be another 3-and-out. Here's the thing, though: GOOD quarterbacks make those kinds of throws any time of the game, not just garbage time. Although I guess with Mitch, you could say it's always "garbage time." As in here comes Mitch The Bitch, get ready for some garbage.
    See you Space Cowboy ...