Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pickens has an attitude problem as a rookie...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Pickens has an attitude problem as a rookie...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He’s white and from Penn State.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Where was Terrell Owens from again? UTChatt, the mighty Moccs. He had a HoF career and pissed people off the entire trip. But damn!, he was a great WR. How many WRs have you seen that go to a team and that team now becomes a contender?

I think George Pickens IS that good. Can you, as fans, handle the heat that comes with a WR that talented?

I sincerely hope we don't waste him while he's here.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Where was Terrell Owens from again? UTChatt, the mighty Moccs. He had a HoF career and pissed people off the entire trip. But damn!, he was a great WR. Howmany WRs have you seen that go to a team and that team now becomes a contender?

I think George Pickens IS that good. Can you, as fans, handle the heat that comes with a WR that talented?

Absolutely. Pickens is different than TO and Moss but has the physical tools to provide that level of impact to a team.

What I wouldn’t give to see like 2015 or so Ben throwing to DJ Claypool and Pickens. His arm with these dudes abilities? Whoo.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Absolutely. Pickens is different than TO and Moss but has the physical tools to provide that level of impact to a team.

What I wouldn’t give to see like 2015 or so Ben throwing to DJ Claypool and Pickens. His arm with these dudes abilities? Whoo.
    That is the hard part. Putting all the talent together at the same time. AB was special, Bell was very, very good. Ben, Bettis, and Ward. Now THAT was worth the price of admission.

Pickens having an attitude is not a 'problem'. Pickens knows what he brings to the table. Expecting others to bring something comparable is not a bad thing. There is firepower on this offense. Untapped potential.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I wonder how good Jerry Rice would have been with Mitch Trubisky throwing him the ball his whole career?? Hmm… people would be asking, “Jerry who?”

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Where was Terrell Owens from again? UTChatt, the mighty Moccs. He had a HoF career and pissed people off the entire trip. But damn!, he was a great WR. How many WRs have you seen that go to a team and that team now becomes a contender?

The majority of good WRs have an “attitude problem”.

AB, TO, Moss, Burress, Keyshawn, Ocho-Cinco, Fitzgerald, Boldin, OBJ, Michael Irvin, Dez Bryant, Steve Smith…the list is endless…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Honestly, these guys are fighting with athletes of comparable skills every down they play. When they are able to beat these guys they should be allowed to celebrate. Again, this Steelers offense has so much fire power, it really is ludicrous to think about. And Pickens may be the best of them all.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Honestly, these guys are fighting with athletes of comparable skills every down they play. When they are able to beat these guys they should be allowed to celebrate. Again, this Steelers offense has so much fire power, it really is ludicrous to think about. And Pickens may be the best of them all.
    and we have yet to witness Mighty Mouse .... CA3

I was high on the kid pre draft and he was lighting up training camp before getting hurt ... when he comes back he will add yet another dimension to this team
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

and we have yet to witness Mighty Mouse .... CA3

I was high on the kid pre draft and he was lighting up training camp before getting hurt ... when he comes back he will add yet another dimension to this team
    I totally forgot about him!

CA3 instead of Gunner on some of this sweeps and screens? Yes, please!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

CA3 instead of Gunner on some of this sweeps and screens? Yes, please!
    Is there a timetable on him?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is there a timetable on him?
    CA3 can come back for the Bills game if healthy.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Probably better that way. He likely won't play this year, and if he does, it'll be in a low contribution fashion.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

He’s white and from Penn State.
    What does race or college have to do with it?

So Freiermuth also threw an on-field tantrum third game into his career?

Did Freiermuth also have an attitude problem in college like Pickens?

“During his two-year career, Pickens has been guilty of dubious decision-making in several incidents. In 2019, he was suspended by the program for the first half against Georgia Tech due to a violation of team rules. When he made it to the field, he was ejected for throwing punches at Tre Swilling. Last season, he drew an unsportsmanlike penalty against Tennessee.

Pickens was branded “selfish” and “undisciplined” by his head coach following the Georgia Tech incident. Those are two attributes that won’t endear him to NFL teams and coaches, and it could ultimately see red flags raised against his name.”
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Asks the guy with the Archie Bunker avatar...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

that is rather ironic, huh?

So rather than play armchair psychologist, here’s a nice article.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/09/fi...und-the-edges/

Maybe this dudes breakdown is totally wrong but I learned a few things and it does demonstrate that this stuff is crazy complicated and on field results are gonna be sluggish during these natural growing pains.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Mr. Carroll played the Archie Bunker character to illuminate the myopic qualities of people who are prejudiced towards others. Also, the Jeffersons gave better than they got from Archie. That was the point of the show. Anyone with an Archie Bunker avatar is likely a luminary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Mr. Carroll played the Archie Bunker character to illuminate the myopic qualities of people who are prejudiced towards others. Also, the Jeffersons gave better than they got from Archie. That was the point of the show. Anyone with an Archie Bunker avatar is likely a luminary.
    Lol.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

The avatar pokes fun at the liberals on here who believe race has something to do with football. Thanks for that. Haha.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

When Kenny scored his first TD on a sneak, Pickens came running down the sideline cheering like a high schooler at the homecoming game. Likewise, once Kenny was in the game, Pickens was smiling and boisterous on the sidelines. Oh, and Pickens also had more receiving yards in one half than he did in the previous four games combined.

SUMMATION:
    I'm still not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    When Kenny scored his first TD on a sneak, Pickens came running down the sideline cheering like a high schooler at the homecoming game. Likewise, once Kenny was in the game, Pickens was smiling and boisterous on the sidelines. Oh, and Pickens also had more receiving yards in one half than he did in the previous four games combined.

SUMMATION:
    I'm still not worried.
    Plus he decleated at least one DB one the backside of a run play.

On the list of things to worry about, Pickens doesn’t even move the needle.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Plus he decleated at least one DB one the backside of a run play.

On the list of things to worry about, Pickens doesn’t even move the needle.
    I'll take the guy with insane talent and an attitude... over the plucky guy with a heart of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I'll take the guy with insane talent and an attitude... over the plucky guy with a heart of gold.
    Yup. Pickens is writing checks he can absolutely cash. As long as he keeps that up the rest is just noise.

Chase Claypool has become non-existent.

Johnson, Pickens, Freiermuth, Claypool. 4th at best on the target list of Kenny Pickens…

Can someone share with me the game and about the time that Freiermuth threw his tantrum? I remember comments here about Pickens, so it was the last half of the Browns game, right? I want to go back and look at both. Also, remember that we haven't had issues with bad attitudes and TEs in the last few years. We have with WRs. Whether they happen to be black or white is completely beside the point.

That said, I'll tend to give a pass to players who show frustration here and there but still act as part of the team. If that's what Pickens does throughout his career, I'm fine with it. If PF does the same, I'm fine with it. If either of them become a distraction, I will quickly not be fine with it.

On a different note, I doubt very much the issue for Steeldude is race. People saying that need to check themselves. I doubt you could find one post of his since this forum began (or SteelersFever before that) that was racist unless something gets severely twisted out of context. The reason for his avatar, if you don't remember, is that he was being called Archie Bunker for coming across as an old, crusty curmudgeon. So, he decided to wear the badge.

I don't know the time or even exactly when, but it was one of the first two games. And neither Pickens nor PF threw a tantrum. Both players visibly expressed on-field and sideline frustration(s). I even think that PF acknowledged that he needed to stop doing it during the game in his post-game comments.

From what I remember, and that is never a reliable source, they were both broadly similar kinda "man I was open...just give me the ball and I can do some cool stuff...." kinda body language/hand gestures.

It is small beer in either case and a tempest in a teapot.

Check out the highlight in the other thread where Pickens is snatching CBs souls on the backside of run plays. Any WR that blocks like that dozens of yards away from the play, for me, does not have an attitude problem. At all.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

If a player throws a tantrum and nobody sees or hears it does he make a sound?

I am not aware of any comments made by Friermuth shading his QB.

-----

TO bounced around from team to team. He didn't win a Super Bowl. A lot of great WRs never won a Super Bowl: Moss, Hopkins, Tim Brown, Megatron, Steve Smith, Fitz etc.

Franchise QB + elite defense remains the best way to win Super Bowls.

-----

Someone said no one would know Jerry "GOAT" Rice if he didn't have Young and Montana throwing to him. So dumb. He would not have had the same numbers but he would have been a Pro Bowler every year. Elite WRs produce without a great QB even if Rice's numbers were down 30-40% he'd still have made 6+ Pro Bowls which almost always makes a HOF.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

The avatar pokes fun at the liberals on here who believe race has something to do with football. Thanks for that. Haha.
    Not just the Liberals. No, I'm not one. Bigotry is part of life here in the USA. Topic for debate another forum. PLEASE.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

If Pickens followed the exact same path as AB I would be fine with that. Best receiver in the league for 6 years? I’ll take that.

I’m as far from a liberal as one could get, although I care very little about politics. But I’m smart enough to know that SOMETIMES, race does have something with it.