Thread: Joe Haden retires

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Joe Haden retires

Just last year he was butt hurt the Steelers wouldn't give him a multi year contract extension and vowed to go to the highest bidder in the off season ( seems there was zero bidders ) so he decided to retire as a BROWN ........

thats cool , I will remember him as such then a stain from the Mistake on the Lake
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Joe Haden retires

Haden had a good tenure as a Steeler.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Little grumpy this morning?

Haden was a good Steeler and had a really nice career in the NFL.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Just last year he was butt hurt the Steelers wouldn't give him a multi year contract extension and vowed to go to the highest bidder in the off season ( seems there was zero bidders ) so he decided to retire as a BROWN ........

thats cool , I will remember him as such then a stain from the Mistake on the Lake
    Haden should have stayed a Brown- he would have a playoff win. He went his whole career without a playoff win. That's terrible.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Whoop-de-doo. Haden retired. He was a Brown. Northing to see here, folks. *yawn*

This thread belongs in the NFL section of the board.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Haden was a good player. Enjoyed his time in Pittsburgh. Played 7 years in Cleveland, drafted by the Browns…why wouldn’t he retire a Brown?

People getting all butt-hurt over this?

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Who knows why he chose the browns but I don’t really care that much either.

Kevin Greene retired a Steeler after spending most of his time with the Rams. I think there are many more examples like this than the Haden example

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Joe Haden was a very good Steelers player. He was a quality human being that conducted himself as a pro, and he gave everything he had while here.

I am thankful for his time here. I congratulate him and wish him well.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Joe Haden was a very good Steelers player. He was a quality human being that conducted himself as a pro, and he gave everything he had while here.

I’ll join in on this. Well said.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

He's still one injury away from getting a phone call, just like before ...
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Member Array title="Pastrami will become famous soon enough"> Pastrami's Avatar

I couldn't agree more. I wish him the best.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Blahblahblah, Joe Haden and pczach both SUCK!

Just kidding I agree with pczach.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post

doesn't suck as much as me, i got a thread dedicated to how much i suck!
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Ya know..... Rod Woodson was a Steeler, but I loved him as a Raider. Once a Raider.... always a Raider. He entered the HOF as a Steeler..... I still love the guy.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Ya know..... Rod Woodson was a Steeler, but I loved him as a Raider. Once a Raider.... always a Raider. He entered the HOF as a Steeler..... I still love the guy.
    Rod is god. I was happy when he won a SB even if it was for the Ravens, and I hate those guys. Love Woodson though, great player and great man
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Very true. Although, I wonder, is there anything else that has to be done once you officially retire? More paperwork? Official notice to the league?

Just an errant thought.
    If you're on a team when you retire, you definitely have to, to make the salary cap figures official and so that your team keeps your rights if you un-retire. If you're a free agent, I would guess you don't really "have" to do anything except say you're done playing. Although maybe if you notify the league, it gets you out of all their programs, so you can smoke as much weed as you want.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The players most likely have to notify the league and fill out a ton of paperwork for the union in order to collect the pension and whatever other benefits they may be entitled to. At 55, they begin to receive pension money. So in Brady or Favre's case, they may just freeze their pension if they think they may return to the league and that could be different paperwork or they just say they are retiring but never actually go through with the steps to do it. But once they do, in addition to the other stuff, there could be 401K paperwork, there could be annuity paperwork, theres the medical paperwork. It's not just: "I think I'm done." Once the decision is "really" made, there's probably a lot to fill out.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post

I'm so bad that saying I suck is an insult to sucking!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post

That really is impressive!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    We don't acknowledge Rod's post Steeler career.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Congratulations, you make Hawaii proud!