Thread: O-line LOVE Thread

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

O-line LOVE Thread

Chukks is ranked 5th in pass pro snd 6th in run blocking among all starting tackles (that is 64 players).

James Daniels is only one of five O-linemen to play 50+ snaps and not give up a single pressure.

RIGHT SIDE… STRONG SIDE!!!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: O-line LOVE Thread

Nothin' but love for our O-Line. Our O-line isn't the problem; Trubisky is.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Chukks is ranked 5th in pass pro snd 6th in run blocking among all starting tackles (that is 64 players).

James Daniels is only one of five O-linemen to play 50+ snaps and not give up a single pressure.

Pssshhhh….it’s left side. Duh.

https://c.tenor.com/SmyiqFUXOIIAAAAC...s-remember.gif

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

I went to the Bears forum to see what they thought of Daniels and they almost unanimously thought he was their best OL. Steelers are a C and LT away from a good OL (and maybe Moore can develop).

I've been recognizing the good pass pro. Much better than I expected. Good thread.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Mitch has had time to throw the ball.
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I knew someone would catch that switch.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Zero push in the run game. Of course, if they could force opposing teams to stop stuffing the box with 9 guys....

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Wait a minute! I thought that was Najee's problem - a terrible o-line... Could it be that he can't find the hole or that he's not fast enough to hit it?

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Zero push in the run game. Of course, if they could force opposing teams to stop stuffing the box with 9 guys....
    Agree completely but the Steelers haven't had a top 10 rush offense since 2007. Tomlin has ignored the run game his entire tenure. Even when Munchak was coaching a competent OL blocking for Bell it was still an average run game. This is a feature of the Steelers year in and year out.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Our o-line is not a excuse so far for our lack of production so far....

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Let's not fall all over ourselves here. The offensive line has looked better than many anticipated. But it hasn't exactly looked good.

I'd be careful with PFF numbers and rankings. They have shown to be "off"before. Plus our center still stinks. And Dan Moore has been getting worked pretty good at LT - even I can see that at times.

Plus, the have not played a team, yet, with a "big name" pass rush. They will. And we will see.

Let's not fall all over ourselves here. The offensive line has looked better than many anticipated. But it hasn't exactly looked good.

I'd be careful with PFF numbers and rankings. They have shown to be "off"before. Plus our center still stinks. And Dan Moore has been getting worked pretty good at LT - even I can see that at times.

Plus, the have not played a team, yet, with a "big name" pass rush. They will. And we will see.
    I agree but the o-line is not the reason why our offense are so bad right now

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I agree but the o-line is not the reason why our offense are so bad right now
    It is one of the reasons. 3.8 ypc is not that great. And they haven't exactly played the stingiest defenses in the league or anything.

I also wonder how much the team trusts LT/LG/C to hold up and how that alters or impacts the play selection. With these knuckleheads....maybe not that much. But it could and should have an impact.

I kinda sorta like Chuks. But I heard someone else say it somewhere and it makes sense. He can be the worst starter on a really good offensive line or the best starter on bad offensive line.

Well....shoot....

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

The O-line gets better with every start Cole, Chuks and Dotson are pretty solid. As for Moore and Daniel's, they're a work in progress.

It is one of the reasons. 3.8 ypc is not that great. And they haven't exactly played the stingiest defenses in the league or anything.

I also wonder how much the team trusts LT/LG/C to hold up and how that alters or impacts the play selection. With these knuckleheads....maybe not that much. But it could and should have an impact.

I kinda sorta like Chuks. But I heard someone else say it somewhere and it makes sense. He can be the worst starter on a really good offensive line or the best starter on bad offensive line.

Well....shoot....
    You are right,the o-line is a problem.The list of the problem for the steelers on offense is in order

1 and 2:Canada and Trubisky
    3.O-line

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Would love to see a more dominant Center. Up until that past couple years, a dominant Center was a staple of any Steeler's great O-lines.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Dan Moore kept Myles Garrett pretty quiet…

Dan Moore kept Myles Garrett pretty quiet…
    He did. Got help from many others BUT that’s okay. No reason to not help on a guy of that caliber.

Last night, the offensive line looked like it could grow into an asset not a liability from week to week.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

The O-line continued its improvements in Pass pro and looked good at in run blocking, its one good takeaway from last night's continued offensive nightmare

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Garrett was playing hurt as well…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

It’s PFF… so… well, you know.

The Steelers’ O-line is the second-highest graded pass-blocking unit in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The 0-L1NE will do well protecting Kenny Pickett. I'm going with 2 for my O/U on sacks tomorrow.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

The O-line has been improving and has not been anywhere close to the dumpster fire I had fears it would be so far this season. In fact, while this will be sacrilege to some, assuming the Steelers have a top 10 pick next draft I am not sure O-line would or should be the pick, unless there is a left tackle that grades out as well as say Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater from a couple years ago.

I think the pick would likely be a D-lineman (Jalen Carter, Bryan Bresse ) or a cornerback (Kelee Ringo, Eli Ricks) with a pick that high. I have not watched Ohio State this year, but does Paris Johnson seem like a can't miss LT prospect? I often see him listed as the highest rated tackle.