Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hire Ben Roethlisberger!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Thumbs up Hire Ben Roethlisberger!

I'm not even kiddin'. Hear me out...

Ben needs to be brought in as part of the coaching staff whether it's as a QB coach, an assistant to the OC, the OC., etc. I'm sure it wouldn't be about the money for Ben as he as plenty. It would be about staying involved in the game as a coach. I don't even know if he would be interested. Unlike Shady Brady, Ben might be perfectly happy enjoying his time with his family and being involved in his kids' activities. But you know, if he IS available, well... just sayin'.

I know a lot of you don't like Ben, but I don't care about that, because I do. If Joey Porter can be brought on as a coach, Ben Roethlisberger sure as heck can, too.

SOMETHING needs to be done because the problem isn't with the players as much as it is with the coaching staff. That is quite evident. In my opinion, Tomlin needs to go, too, and has for years now.

This is all contingent upon Ben's wife not throwing a hissy fit and leaving him to go to Costa Rica.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Hire Ben Roethlisberger!

Yes!!!

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

ABC (Anybody But Canada)
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Ben isn't that guy and never was. Plus what a distraction haha. I agree Ben would be a better playcaller though.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Ben isn't that guy and never was. Plus what a distraction haha. I agree Ben would be a better playcaller though.

I agree Ben would be a good play caller. He did a good job of that in-game, as well as coming up with plays on the fly.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

What's Todd Haley doing? He was a good OC that just didn't get along with Ben. Since Ben isn't here anymore and we have a young QB who's more likely to have less of an ego (right now), it could work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I agree Ben would be a good play caller. He did a good job of that in-game, as well as coming up with plays on the fly.
    Ben would bring back the "Risk it for the biscuit" mantra of him and Arians haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    What's Todd Haley doing? He was a good OC that just didn't get along with Ben. Since Ben isn't here anymore and we have a young QB who's more likely to have less of an ego (right now), it could work out.

Ack! Please, not Todd Haley! I hate him so, so, so, so much! Oh, don't even get me started. I gotta leave this thread right now.

Ack! Please, not Todd Haley! I hate him so, so, so, so much! Oh, don't even get me started. I gotta leave this thread right now.

You just had to bring me back here, didn't you? DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU TO HELL! AND YOUR LITTLE FRIEND TODD HALEY, TOO!

You just had to bring me back here, didn't you? DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU TO HELL! AND YOUR LITTLE FRIEND TODD HALEY, TOO!
    This was a little bit of vengeance against you Haley Haters but his real revenge is being the best damn football coach the USFL has had in the last 20 years.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Too much drama.

Don’t think Mike Sullivan would be the answer either…unless you want him as an interim OC…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Too much drama.

Don’t think Mike Sullivan would be the answer either…unless you want him as an interim OC…
    Yeah,just interim OC and you hope to find a good one after this season

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Yeah,just interim OC and you hope to find a good one after this season
    OC is irrelevant. The OC will have a below average OL at best and be constricted with running Tomlin's horizontal offense.

Tomlin would not shut up about "mobile QBs" all last season- throwing shade at Ben as to why the offense was ineffective. This year Trubisky has 16 yards rushing after two games. Can't make this stuff up. This is literally the offense you would run with an elderly immobile QB... stand in the pocket throwing quick routes. None of this makes sense.

This was a little bit of vengeance against you Haley Haters but his real revenge is being the best damn football coach the USFL has had in the last 20 years.

USFL or Bust! Haha!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there would be a lot of drama if Ben was a coach. After watching some of his YouTube videos with that Spence guy, I don't really know if he would be all that interested in coaching. He seems to be busy picking peppers and cantaloupe from his garden, tasting different beers, ales, microbrews, etc, and now going hunting.

Yeah, Ben needs a job.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

OC is irrelevant. The OC will have a below average OL at best and be constricted with running Tomlin's horizontal offense.

Tomlin would not shut up about "mobile QBs" all last season- throwing shade at Ben as to why the offense was ineffective. This year Trubisky has 16 yards rushing after two games. Can't make this stuff up. This is literally the offense you would run with an elderly immobile QB... stand in the pocket throwing quick routes. None of this makes sense.
    Makes complete sense when you realize the OL is sub-standard and porous.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

No.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

USFL or Bust! Haha!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there would be a lot of drama if Ben was a coach. After watching some of his YouTube videos with that Spence guy, I don't really know if he would be all that interested in coaching. He seems to be busy picking peppers and cantaloupe from his garden, tasting different beers, ales, microbrews, etc, and now going hunting.

Yeah, Ben needs a job.
    he was asked if he would be interested in coaching in ep 2 of the show .. " no " . maybe as a helper for my kids in pee wee . but as you said hes having to much fun , and said he already missed to much of his kids life .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Ben Roethlisberger couldn't spell DOG if you spotted him the D and the G.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Why would Ben want those headaches? He needs at least 5 years away and then think about it if there's any motivation.
    All Defense!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

OC doesn't get a preview of the defense . What Ben did had a lot to do with standing in the field and seeing the things setup and unfold.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    To be 100% honest, Ben of course is a great player but never came across to me as coaching material. Dobbs maybe (not a great player but i could see him being a good coach, helps hes smart as hell lol). Ben always listened to him as if he were the next man up, that has to count.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

It's a lot of hours, hard work, tons of responsibility. All things that he just put down after many years. I can't speak for BR but for me, I'd be hard pressed to go back to a fulltime job after finally taking it easy and having more family time than ever before.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post

There is no DOG in coaching.

I could see maybe a few years down the road if he gets bored and Ashley is sick of having him underfoot, but as his children get older and more involved in their own activities, I don't see it happening. He and Ashley seem to really be enjoying their time together, too.

Ben is enjoying his new life growing cucumbers in his garden for pickling. I kinda like the Farmer Ben thing.

He'd bring back BLUE 80!!!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

He'd bring back BLUE 80!!!
    It never left. Listen to the snap cadence tonight.

Ž Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

BR isn’t exactly smart. He played schoolyard football his entire career.
    Hater = Realist

Big Ben for President

Big Ben for President
    Couldn’t be worse than the last two guys.