Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers dont have a QB problem

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Steelers dont have a QB problem

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    There are videos on YouTube breaking down how MT is either being told, afraid to, or flat out just not seeing guys wide open for huge gains. If Canada is telling him to not throw deep then why even run those routes? If he is afraid of making a mistake or just not seeing the open guys, then I don't want him as my QB.

Sorry we DO have a QB problem and an OL and OC problem as well. Our receivers and backs are too good to be wasted on this pathetic offense.

The sad part is that when coaches overemphasize not making mistakes, they often create the fear in their quarterbacks. Coaches can ruin the processing a quarterback makes on the field. As a QB, you are trained to learn the offense. You memorize all the formations and route progressions. The progressions are based on the reads of the defense after any adjustments are called at the line. In other words, the security is already built in with all the presnap reads, and you follow the progressions in order based on what you see and who is open.

When a QB is drilled over and over to be careful, or what not to do or where to go with the ball...it's like adding internet security to a computer with a different set of parameters....except the QB's mind is the computer and it gets bogged down and confused. It slows everything down and CREATES doubt. It can be debilitating to a quarterback and is almost always counterproductive.

Obviously, everyone is affected differently, but I believe Trubisky is paralyzed by what they are asking of him, and the parts of the playbook they are taking away from him.

Much of this is still on the QB. A quarterback needs the self confidence to execute what is asked of him, but coaches need to put players in a position to succeed. The should be tailoring the offense to the strengths of the QB that is playing. It appears that they are not.

Either tailor the offense to the starting QB, or put a QB in the game that can perform under the parameters set forth.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    By hinging everything in Canada implies that it means Mitch is a pro bowl player doing something right and is just being held back by the offense. But since day one, Trubisky has been outplayed by Pickett and Rudolph in a "competition" that never really was one. Everything has been set up for Trubisky to succeed. Taking reps with the ones, being handed the starting job and even a Captain position. His Offensive Line, while not great, is giving him time (more than enough). He has playmakers. But he's still the same lackluster quarterback he was in Chicago.

We're running out of excuses for the guy. Sooner or later bait needs to be cut and acknowledge that he is just not a good quarterback and end the experiment before the season falls to shit. Thursday will just give us more confirmation.
    the bold is unequivocally wrong ... Pickett was around 50% completion percentage at the beginning of camp and the worst QB in camp early on .... Mason was the best QB in the early going ( and he should have been he was the only one to know the offense ) but that changed once all 3 knew the offense and Mason steadily declined as the others rose ... by all accounts Mitch was the best QB in camp from the midway point on ....

this is the problem people spews stuff that have no idea about and then others read it and think it is so and run with it ....

Alex has every practice charted might I suggest reading it so as to not spew false information like the evening news
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    We don't even know if Canada is entirely terrible. In the last 2 seasons I saw QB's that were unable to execute. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a NFL level QB to connect on 10-20 yard passes with decent accuracy. We didn't have that last year and we definitely don't have it this year. What we DO know is our QB sucks. One thing at a time, replace that. If Canada's offense still can't get it done, maybe then he needs to go.

One thing for sure is you can't coach your way out of shitty players. Give Ken Whisenhunt Mark Sanchez and I bet that offense will still be trash.
    Your kidding, right? Did you watch last season? 3 quarters of this crap, then 1 quarter of moving the ball in the no huddle and scoring 90% of our total points last season. It is pretty clear the Canada is entirely terrible.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers dont have a QB problem

Canada is terrible. There’s no question about it...

If you aren’t sure that Canada is bad, then you can’t be sure Trubisky is bad...lol. The logic works both ways...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Getting KP experience to make the most of his rookie contract window is the only thing that ever made sense. Most other teams would have just started the 1st overall QB selection over the journeyman. Pickett gives the Steelers the best chance to win immediately and, much more importantly, in the near future.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Getting KP experience to make the most of his rookie contract window is the only thing that ever made sense. Most other teams would have just started the 1st overall QB selection over the journeyman. Pickett gives the Steelers the best chance to win immediately and, much more importantly, in the near future.
    I agree. Make him sit if you have a pro bowl QB or aging HoFer, but Mitch is a 1st round bust journeyman, but for whatever reason the coaching staff is giving him the Roethlisberger treatment
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Your kidding, right? Did you watch last season? 3 quarters of this crap, then 1 quarter of moving the ball in the no huddle and scoring 90% of our total points last season. It is pretty clear the Canada is entirely terrible.
    Yep. Steelers were dead last in 1st quarter scoring last year with Ben but 2nd best in 4th quarter scoring. Hmm...

I am nothing close to a Ben homer and I said last year the main problem was not Ben even though he had declined. Fichtner's offense put up 26 ppg with post-injury Ben the year before he was let go. I'd take that right now.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar