Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As A Fan

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

As A Fan

This team is hard to watch with TJ out and the Offense ran by Canada and Mitch at QB. Most of us know this team isn't going to the SB and probably KC or Bills will. Can we have some splash plays please ? This 3 years in a row of play it safe dink & dunk offense is more then enough for us fans to endure.

The defense is decent without Watt but not much fun to watch and the offense is just atrocious and nothing changes year after year.

Point is give us fans something to be exited about!

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Re: As A Fan

You mean you don’t find 2 yard dumpoffs on 3rd & 8 to Najee entertaining?
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    You mean you don’t find 2 yard dumpoffs on 3rd & 8 to Najee entertaining?
    I cringe when I saw that play yesterday and reminded me of Ben last season.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I can not endure 15 more game with Canada as OC.20 games is enough for me!

I think the steelers have very good players at the skill position but like every offense they need a good QB(I hope that Kenny will be the answer but if we don't have the answer this year because he don't play,I will be so upset) and good OC

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I can not endure 15 more game with Canada as OC.20 games is enough for me!

I think the steelers have very good players at the skill position but like every offense they need a good QB(I hope that Kenny will be the answer but if we don't have the answer this year because he don't play,I will be so upset) and good OC
    Our wr's and te's would be stars on other teams.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Our wr's and te's would be stars on other teams.
    and our “starting” qb would be on the bench in any other team

Even in Dallas lol.
    Last edited by stillers4me; 09-23-2022 at 05:43 AM.

and the OC would be fired!
    Last edited by polamalubeast; 09-20-2022 at 03:25 PM.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The coaches know what they have and know what they don't have. I said 8-8 with Watt a month ago. What about cheering for Pittsburgh West?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Let's face it. Our team has become nothing but a big 'ol bore. I've loved this team all my life, but we are not moving forward. Trubisky should most definitely not be our starting quarterback. Pickett is young and fresh, and our future could be so exciting. But nope. At the current time, the Pittsburgh Steelers look like a giant slug/sloth.

Anyone here who knows me well back from the Steelers Fever days knows I rarely, if ever, spoke negatively about the Steelers. I've always remained positive, optimistic, and loyal to the core, so it takes a pretty shitty situation for me to have the attitude I do now. It's more out of frustration than anything else, though.

We need changes, and we need them sooner rather than later.

P.S. I misspoke above when I said I rarely spoke negatively about the Steelers. I did hate Todd Haley with the passion of 1,000,000,000 burning suns, and said so quite often.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Let's face it. Our team has become nothing but a big 'ol bore. I've loved this team all my life, but we are not moving forward. Trubisky should most definitely not be our starting quarterback. Pickett is young and fresh, and our future could be so exciting. But nope. At the current time, the Pittsburgh Steelers look like a giant slug/sloth.

Anyone here who knows me well back from the Steelers Fever days knows I rarely, if ever, spoke negatively about the Steelers. I've always remained positive, optimistic, and loyal to the core, so it takes a pretty shitty situation for me to have the attitude I do now. It's more out of frustration than anything else, though.

We need changes, and we need them sooner rather than later.

P.S. I misspoke above when I said I rarely spoke negatively about the Steelers. I did hate Todd Haley with the passion of 1,000,000,000 burning suns, and said so quite often.
    That's speaking negatively about Todd Haley. That's different.

The most frustrating thing about this season is knowing win or lose that if Kenny was playing he would be progressing and the team would therefore be progressing. What is the end game of starting Kenny next year? To go 8-9 or 9-8 with Trubisky this year? What purpose does that serve? If I could comprehend that I'd be happier.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    That's speaking negatively about Todd Haley. That's different.

The most frustrating thing about this season is knowing win or lose that if Kenny was playing he would be progressing and the team would therefore be progressing. What is the end game of starting Kenny next year? To go 8-9 or 9-8 with Trubisky this year? What purpose does that serve? If I could comprehend that I'd be happier.

Exactly. Kenny is our future. He needs to be in there getting experience and progressing with the rest of the team. Instead, we get old and stale.

Sports are supposed to be fun and exciting to watch, not make us want to kill ourselves.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Exactly. Kenny is our future. He needs to be in there getting experience and progressing with the rest of the team. Instead, we get old and stale.

Sports are supposed to be fun and exciting to watch, not make us want to kill ourselves.
    Right?

The smart thing to do after drafting Kenny would have been to offload Trubisky to another team willing to take on part of his contract. Trade him for a 6th to a team willing to eat 75% of his cap hit.

Kenny is being paid $2M per. It is one of the best value contracts of any QB in the NFL. The next 4 years are the window to win a Super Bowl and most QBs don't peak until year 3 at the earliest. If Kenny sits all year then Kenny is going to peak just in time for a fat contract and negate the immense advantage the Steelers could have.

Why? So the Steelers can use Trubisky the same way they used Rudolph and Hodges. Makes zero sense. Scoring 14 ppg on offense.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

young and fresh lmao is this akin to suddenness and glide ...........

not sure the fresh prince of Bel'air is what we are looking for but maybe you all are idk
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Right?

The smart thing to do after drafting Kenny would have been to offload Trubisky to another team willing to take on part of his contract. Trade him for a 6th to a team willing to eat 75% of his cap hit.

Kenny is being paid $2M per. It is one of the best value contracts of any QB in the NFL. The next 4 years are the window to win a Super Bowl and most QBs don't peak until year 3 at the earliest. If Kenny sits all year then Kenny is going to peak just in time for a fat contract and negate the immense advantage the Steelers could have.

Why? So the Steelers can use Trubisky the same way they used Rudolph and Hodges. Makes zero sense. Scoring 14 ppg on offense.
    Why would the Steelers be concerned about Trubiskys contract? It’s almost nothing. Lol. No teams going to be worried about a $7M QB contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

young and fresh lmao is this akin to suddenness and glide ...........

not sure the fresh prince of Bel'air is what we are looking for but maybe you all are idk
    The way I see it.

1. Mitch ain't it, never will be it.
    2. If he ain't it, might as well find out if our #1 pick who was touted as an NFL-ready prospect is it.
    3. If we don't do something to fix the QB position, we're wasting a championship defense.

#3 is the reason why wasting our time with mitch is maddening. If we just had a shitty team overall I'd be like whatever at least we'll get a top 10 pick in the draft. But this defense is something special, and it's being wasted right now.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

The way I see it.

1. Mitch ain't it, never will be it.
    2. If he ain't it, might as well find out if our #1 pick who was touted as an NFL-ready prospect is it.
    3. If we don't do something to fix the QB position, we're wasting a championship defense.

#3 is the reason why wasting our time with mitch is maddening. If we just had a shitty team overall I'd be like whatever at least we'll get a top 10 pick in the draft. But this defense is something special, and it's being wasted right now.

as I said before , I doubt 100 changes at QB would make much of a difference as Long as Canada is calling the shots ....

I am not sure why people are not correlating Ben's success in 2021 via the hurry up/no huddle where he seemingly did everything that he was proclaimed no longer able to do (except move )
    and comparing it to what he was able to do ( more like not able to do with Canada making the calls ) have we forgotten all this so soon ???

Ben looked more than capable to make pretty much all the throws still when he made the calls , when Canada was making them it looked like he couldn't go deep to intermediate because they so rarely even tried ...

is this not the same exact thing we are witnessing before our very eyes STILL ??

so go ahead change QB's and when it doesn't change the type of game that is called and teams play single high and drop the extra man in the box and we cant run effectively and don't bother to go deep what does that leave but contested catches in the short area (sound familiar?)

if we want a fair sample of our QB play (regardless of whom is under center) the only way to get that IMO is if someone else (other than Canada) is making the play calls

that is how I see it

as I said before , I doubt 100 changes at QB would make much of a difference as Long as Canada is calling the shots ....

I am not sure why people are not correlating Ben's success in 2021 via the hurry up/no huddle where he seemingly did everything that he was proclaimed no longer able to do (except move )
    and comparing it to what he was able to do ( more like not able to do with Canada making the calls ) have we forgotten all this so soon ???

Ben looked more than capable to make pretty much all the throws still when he made the calls , when Canada was making them it looked like he couldn't go deep to intermediate because they so rarely even tried ...

is this not the same exact thing we are witnessing before our very eyes STILL ??

so go ahead change QB's and when it doesn't change the type of game that is called and teams play single high and drop the extra man in the box and we cant run effectively and don't bother to go deep what does that leave but contested catches in the short area (sound familiar?)

if we want a fair sample of our QB play (regardless of whom is under center) the only way to get that IMO is if someone else (other than Canada) is making the play calls

that is how I see it
    Why lose with Mitch Trubisky when you can see what Kenny Pickett can do?

Why lose with Mitch Trubisky when you can see what Kenny Pickett can do?
    why put a rookie behind this line in this system to form bad habits is just as fair of a question ...

at the end of the day we do not know why any decision is made in an organization ( such as keeping on Canada after last years shit show ) I mean 90% of this board ( or more ) wanted him canned but now all of the sudden it seems half of the board is ok with him and wants to lay all the blame on Mitch when this is the same shit we seen last year and the blame was Ben's lack of mobility .....

so was it ben's lack of mobility or ( we have a mobile qb now ) and are seeing the EXACT same shit ... the only common denominator here is Canada ....

why put a rookie behind this line in this system to form bad habits is just as fair of a question ...

at the end of the day we do not know why any decision is made in an organization ( such as keeping on Canada after last years shit show ) I mean 90% of this board ( or more ) wanted him canned but now all of the sudden it seems half of the board is ok with him and wants to lay all the blame on Mitch when this is the same shit we seen last year and the blame was Ben's lack of mobility .....

so was it ben's lack of mobility or ( we have a mobile qb now ) and are seeing the EXACT same shit ... the only common denominator here is Canada ....
    Never said that Canada is not a problem.I want Canada to be fired after the game tonight vs Browns and I want Mitch to be benched.Both are major problem and both can be true

Never said that Canada is not a problem.I want Canada to be fired after the game tonight vs Browns and I want Mitch to be benched.Both are major problem and both can be true
    both can be true , but 1 and only 1 thing is common between last years failures that was blamed on Ben and this years that is now being blamed on Mitch and those issues are identical in nature ...

if it looks like shit and smells like shit my best guess is that it is shit ... or should I say Canada ...

that said I have never once said Mitch is perfect or infallible , but I do believe you can win with him (the bears did) and I would like to think we have far more talent on this team (both sides of the ball) than his Bears teams .......

and I am from the school of if you have a team that can win then let the rookie sit and learn the NFL game and I also am from the school of thought to not put a rookie into a situation that can lead to forming bad habits that can last a career or be the cause of the end of a career see Joey Harrington

both can be true , but 1 and only 1 thing is common between last years failures that was blamed on Ben and this years that is now being blamed on Mitch and those issues are identical in nature ...

if it looks like shit and smells like shit my best guess is that it is shit ... or should I say Canada ...

that said I have never once said Mitch is perfect or infallible , but I do believe you can win with him (the bears did) and I would like to think we have far more talent on this team (both sides of the ball) than his Bears teams .......

and I am from the school of if you have a team that can win then let the rookie sit and learn the NFL game and I also am from the school of thought to not put a rookie into a situation that can lead to forming bad habits that can last a career or be the cause of the end of a career see Joey Harrington
    Mitch has also been awful in 2019(6 yards per pass attempts) and been benched in game 3 of the 2020 season,so he is a big problem too

This is his 5th year as starter,he is what he is and this is time to see what Pickett can do....

Mitch has also been awful in 2019(6 yards per pass attempts) and been benched in game 3 of the 2020 season,so he is a big problem too

This is his 5th year as starter,he is what he is and this is time to see what Pickett can do....

so you are fine with the risk of turning him into Joey Harrington ..when you put a rookie behind a bad line with a bad concept bad things normally happen and those bad things create bad habits

so you are fine with the risk of turning him into Joey Harrington ..when you put a rookie behind a bad line with a bad concept bad things normally happen and those bad things create bad habits
    I'm not worried about that...If Pickett is a bad QB, at least we'll know at the end of the season if he has 14 games as starter....But if you want to be safe and have a similar season like last year (that our ceiling is a 7th seed and a blowout loss in the wild card round), stay with Mitch!

If you don't take the risk, you have nothing!

I'm not worried about that...If Pickett is a bad QB, at least we'll know at the end of the season if he has 14 games as starter....But if you want to be safe and have a similar season like last year (that our ceiling is a 7th seed and a blowout loss in the wild card round), stay with Mitch!

If you don't take the risk, you have nothing!

ohh so you are saying we could make the playoffs with Mitch ... gotcha that is what I have been saying all along I am glad you finally agree

but this team will only go as far as Canada handcuffs them

ohh so you are saying we could make the playoffs with Mitch ... gotcha that is what I have been saying all along I am glad you finally agree

but this team will only go as far as Canada handcuffs them
    I'm only talking about the ceiling, c'mon...If your ceiling is the 7th seed(or winning a weak division if this division become weak), you need a change

For the moment, if the offense has not improved, the steelers will be 2-6 after 8 games if you look at the schedule..Maybe 3-5 if the defense can steal one game like vs Bengals..... Maybe Tomlin will avoid a losing season with a big second half, but it will be for nothing...

that is how I see it
    I get what you're saying and it's valid, Canada MAY be the problem. But it's possible to have 2 problems (Bad OC and Bad QB), which may very well be the case.

What I'm seeing is also the QB leaving a lot of plays on the field. A LOT. I'm seeing bad mechanics that haven't been fixed in his last 6 years of playing. Matter of fact the most concerning thing is he regressed heavily in 2019 and hasn't changed from that trajectory. Almost all QB's who regress like this never recover to their old form and it's often best to cut it or you get stuck with someone like Jake Delhomme who gets the job based off past performance and keeps shitting the bed.

The most damning thing about Trubisky's game to me is this guy seems to be playing with zero confidence. Either being damaged goods or the pressure of a first round pick breathing down his back is making him play ultra conservative and second guess himself. It doesn't matter what it is, if he doesn't have the mental fortitude to be a starting NFL QB, he has to go.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Too many to quote.

But you could pair MT with [INSERT PERSONAL FAVORITE QB WHISPERER/OFFENSIVE GENIUS COACH HERE] and he is so broken, it would still look bad.

He doesn't have a big enough arm to keep throwing off his backfoot. He doesn't have good enough field vision to just never move his head and make it work out. His accuracy is shot right now. He's missing make-able throws even without pressure. If he hit Harris ahead of the defender instead of above the defenders head on that one short pass against NE, Harris would still be running.

Josh Allen had a awful rookie season in 2018.QB rating below 70

You have to be mentally tough and of course be very good at this position to be successful.Some it was the case like Josh Allen, some not like Joey Harrington...A player is always going to have adversity at some point in their career, so no reason to wait for so long with Pickett

I'm not saying Pickett is the next Josh Allen, but my point is that the good ones can handle adversity too even if they struggle early.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Dude. We ran the shitty Canada offense last year with Ben and still managed to scratch out a playoff appearance. With Trubisky running the same shitty offense, we'll be lucky to win 4 games. And this is with a better defense. Trubisky S-U-C-K-S, sucks sucks sucks. It's been no better than the Mason Rudolph offense.

Get that fuckin bum out of there and this is a winning football team, it's as simple as that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...