Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Offense Discussion

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers Offense Discussion

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I can’t find it. Maybe Twitter? But somewhere Trai Essex has a breakdown of Harris missing holes.

Seems reasonable. Young RB who missed a bunch of camp.

Also noticed in a few clips that WRs ran into each other or to the same spot.

The most glaring problem is MT. Then Canada. But it runs to every position group.

Sounds doom and gloom but it also means there’s lots of things to improve that could produce highly positive outcomes.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I can’t find it. Maybe Twitter? But somewhere Trai Essex has a breakdown of Harris missing holes.

Seems reasonable. Young RB who missed a bunch of camp.

Also noticed in a few clips that WRs ran into each other or to the same spot.

The most glaring problem is MT. Then Canada. But it runs to every position group.

Sounds doom and gloom but it also means there’s lots of things to improve that could produce highly positive outcomes.
    I did notice WRs running into each other on crossing routes. That is a coaching issue.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I will readily admit that I like Trubisky the person. My wife and her family are from Mentor and are heavily involved with Mentor football, and have had multiple interactions with him, all of which have been awesome. Great human. I even got to watch Mitch and Co. tear it up on the basketball court in HS. Crazy athletic.

I don't want to see him lose his starting job obviously, but of this Thursday is more of the same, it might be time to usher in the Pickett Era. Or heck....have Rudolph start with Pickett backing him up.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The truth is that Najee Harris has sucked every bit as much as Mitch Trubisky. With NH, you can blame the o-line. With MT you can blame the OC. Fine. But from my perspective, neither are playing well regardless of these factors.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

I like how Warren runs, reminds me of Conner. Runs hard and tough to bring down. He should get more playing time
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

If we trust PFF,the offensive line are not a major problem right now

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    If we trust PFF,the offensive line are not a major problem right now

But but but it's the o-line's fault that Trubisky sucks! It's true because some jagoff on ESPN said it!

JAX preseason game, the o-line looked more competent when Pickett got in, and most of the starters were still there for that defense. The difference is when you have a QB that can process information and make decisions even a half second faster that is HUGE in the NFL

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Who's that at the 28? Why was that throw not completed?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The link PB shared is pretty interesting to watch.

basically conclusion is what worked at Maryland against 19 year olds doesn't fly in the NFL against elite professionals.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    But but but it's the o-line's fault that Trubisky sucks! It's true because some jagoff on ESPN said it!

JAX preseason game, the o-line looked more competent when Pickett got in, and most of the starters were still there for that defense. The difference is when you have a QB that can process information and make decisions even a half second faster that is HUGE in the NFL
    Trubisky sucks. Canada makes him worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The link PB shared is pretty interesting to watch.

basically conclusion is what worked at Maryland against 19 year olds doesn't fly in the NFL against elite professionals.

Look at all the offensive talent he had at LSU that one year and LSUs offense was ranked very low. I was stunned at the names I saw on that team

Can't wait!

Can't wait!

Sign him please, bye Canada!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Sign him please, bye Canada!
    Lol... Todd has never looked so good. I'd welcome him back in heart beat

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Lol... Todd has never looked so good. I'd welcome him back in heart beat
    The only problem I had with Haley was nonsense play calls like 30 yard bombs on 3rd and inches (when you had Bell especially) and all of the damn wr screens that seemed to be every 3rd pass attempt. Sometimes his play calling didn't seem to make much sense, but when he was here he really did have the personnel to try anything he wanted, and so he did.

And THAT was frustrating because sometimes it would just kill drives.

But he could put together a game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    The only problem I had with Haley was nonsense play calls like 30 yard bombs on 3rd and inches (when you had Bell especially) and all of the damn wr screens that seemed to be every 3rd pass attempt. Sometimes his play calling didn't seem to make much sense, but when he was here he really did have the personnel to try anything he wanted, and so he did.

You described Todd Haley perfectly for his strengths and weaknesses!

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I agree with others that if they were to make a change it would be someone within. Hiring from the outside and learning a whole new offense on the go doesn't sound like a great combination for this team. A lot of young guys on offense.

As much as Canada frustrates me...you can easily see there were players wide open on multiple occasions and Mitch doesn't see it. Those 3 or 4 plays a game could make a world of difference.

I want to see Kenny Pickett get his shot before they get rid of Canada to see if a QB willing to unleash the ball will make a difference. I think KP gets the nod in week 4 against the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    I agree with others that if they were to make a change it would be someone within. Hiring from the outside and learning a whole new offense on the go doesn't sound like a great combination for this team. A lot of young guys on offense.

As much as Canada frustrates me...you can easily see that there were players on multiple occasions wide open and Mitch doesn't see it. Those 3 or 4 plays a game could make a world of difference. I want to see Kenny Pickett get his shot before they get rid of Canada to see if a QB willing to unleash the ball will make a difference. I think KP to get nod in week 4 against the Jets.
    Or at halftime on thursday if the steelers are down 10-0 or something like that!

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Or at halftime on thursday if the steelers are down 10-0 or something like that!
    It may be necessary, but does Tomlin have the balls to make the switch during a game? I thought last week that the thought had to at least cross their mind.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I did notice WRs running into each other on crossing routes. That is a coaching issue.
    Yes, one particular play the WR running from left to right ended up being open . . . Cause crossing routes and pick plays work (hear that Canada?)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post

Those weren’t necessarily Haley’s calls. When Ben has one on one matchups, if he thought the receiver could beat the CB, he would audible that. He’s always done that. There’s an interview or article from way back that confirmed most of those bombs were Ben. I didn’t like when Haley would run a trick play at the worst times...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Those weren’t necessarily Haley’s calls. When Ben has one on one matchups, if he thought the receiver could beat the CB, he would audible that. He’s always done that. There’s an interview or article from way back that confirmed most of those bombs were Ben. I didn’t like when Haley would run a trick play at the worst times...
    You know, I remember hearing something at some point as well too but must have forgotten that.

Then Haley was even less of a problem than I had thought.

Will be interesting to hear what he has to say.