Thread: Week 2: Patriots vs. Steelers

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Re: Week 2: Patriots vs. Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    No, he's just not Watt.
    No, he's awful

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Tomlin has officially dropped a game thanks to Trubisky. We'll see where we go from here.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Patriots offense has been out there just as long. No gassed at all.
    Offense is easier to play. Cmon you know this.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Simply ugly.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Tomlin kept the Vette in the garage and decided to take the pinto out for a Sunday drive.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

How long before the talent on offense has a mutiny in the locker room

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

From what I saw there were open WRs and routes. But MT either never progressed to them or didn’t want to throw them. I’m not smart enough to know what I why, but I’m fairly sure I saw open dudes on my TV.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    Highsmith is fucking awful
    No...He is not awful in the least. I am really surprised people are blaming the defense so heavily today.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    From what I saw there were open WRs and routes. But MT either never progressed to them or didn’t want to throw them. I’m not smart enough to know what I why, but I’m fairly sure I saw open dudes on my TV.
    Looked to me like he was staring down his 1st read in nearly every play. But I'm with you I'm just looking at a TV set. I'm sure aTomlin will. Make the right call

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    No...He is not awful in the least. I am really surprised people are blaming the defense so heavily today.
    Defense basically held them to 10 points.

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    This offense could be really solid with a decent QB

You, I, and most every fan sees it. Hopefully Tomlin will soon.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I'm not blaming the defense, they played well but were gassed. I think Highsmith gets manhandled alot.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Same as last week really. Only this week Minkah gets 1 and missed1 on the Ints. Sutton missed on an Int. Gunner muffed a punt for a turnover, then the penalty sets up the Pats in the redzone. Mitch actually threw an Int this week. Even with all the bad, you take away those miscues right there and the Steelers win ugly again. Even with the TD at the end of the half.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    I'm not blaming the defense, they played well but were gassed. I think Highsmith gets manhandled alot.
    They got ZERO pressure way before they were gassed. If Mac Jones didn't stink they would have blown us out.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Why did Warren only get 4 carries?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Gunnar is a fumbler.

Bert Flaccid just beat the Stains lol.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Ravens lose, Browns lose, Steelers lose. Bengals at Cowboys up next.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There were plenty of open guys today. Trubisky didn’t throw to them because he didn’t even look and the receivers didn’t look for the ball either…which leads me to
    believe they were just decoy routes all over. This was a one read, get the ball out fast and don’t make mistakes offense. The one risky throw was intercepted. MT said it last week that they were running an offense to not make mistakes….they didn’t change that philosophy…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

There were plenty of open guys today. Trubisky didn’t throw to them because he didn’t even look and the receivers didn’t look for the ball either…which leads me to
    believe they were just decoy routes all over. This was a one read, get the ball out fast and don’t make mistakes offense. The one risky throw was intercepted. MT said it last week that they were running an offense to not make mistakes….they didn’t change that philosophy…
    Than Rooney should seriously step in. That’s a ridiculous position for a team to take when they have multiple other QBs on the roster.

I’m also don’t think it was always a one read. I just think MT doesn’t make reads. And when he tries it leads to sacks because he just can’t process fast enough.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I don’t see 5 more wins on this schedule.
    Definitely not with Trubisky.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Than Rooney should seriously step in. That’s a ridiculous position for a team to take when they have multiple other QBs on the roster.

I’m also don’t think it was always a one read. I just think MT doesn’t make reads. And when he tries it leads to sacks because he just can’t process fast enough.
    You’re probably right but when the receivers aren’t even looking, it’s concerning. Quite possible that they were extremely slow developing routes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

And then we become the Redskins...oops...the Commandos with Snyder. I love how so many arm chair coaches clearly have all of the right answers.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    And then we become the Redskins...oops...the Commandos with Snyder. I love how so many arm chair coaches clearly have all of the right answers.

Everyone has a boss they’re accountable to. If my team was truly running a high school offense because it was terrified of letting their starting QB throw the ball, you better believe I’d have my staff in my office Monday morning for someone to explain that thought process to me.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Everyone has a boss they’re accountable to. If my team was truly running a high school offense because it was terrified of letting their starting QB throw the ball, you better believe I’d have my staff in my office Monday morning for someone to explain that thought process to me.
    Yeah, no. You implied that Rooney should step in. Sorry, but the minute an owner "steps in" is the minute that the Steelers become a dysfunctional organization. Give it time.

Trubisky is mediocre, but what's your solution to solve the woes? "Mr. Rooney, could you pretty please step in? Coach Tomlin is too conservative, and that makes me sad."

I like watching the Steelers, but the lack of patience with Trubisky and co. is amazing.

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Yeah, no. You implied that Rooney should step in. Sorry, but the minute an owner "steps in" is the minute that the Steelers become a dysfunctional organization. Give it time.

Trubisky is mediocre, but what's your solution to solve the woes? "Mr. Rooney, could you pretty please step in? Coach Tomlin is too conservative, and that makes me sad."

I like watching the Steelers, but the lack of patience with Trubisky and co. is amazing.

I didn’t imply anything. I flat out said it. And calling the staff in to explain themselves is stepping in. Rooney doesn’t usually do that.

Just because you took it another way doesn’t mean that’s what I meant or that I wasn’t as clear as mud. I don’t always word good.

Trubisky doesn’t warrant patience because he’s a known NFL quantity who continues to demonstrate the same deficiencies he’s always displayed.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Too many check down passes on 3rd down... once again.

The 3rd down conversions were better this week, but it feels like we go to 3rd down every time now. Reguardless of line to gain.