Thread: Dan Marino Talks About Considering Signing With Steelers In 2000

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Dan Marino Talks About Considering Signing With Steelers In 2000

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Re: Dan Marino Talks About Considering Signing With Steelers In 2000

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    that would've been swell
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

He was done by 2000. We needed him in 1995 instead of Neil IPASSTOCOWBOYS O'Donnell

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

He was kaput as an NFL Quarterback in 2000. Should've drafted him in 1983.

But what's done is done, and hopefully Pickett rectifies that mistake.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

We could have had 1993-94 Montana but Cowher said no

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    We could have had 1993-94 Montana but Cowher said no

Montana was traded for a first round pick,so I am not sure that it would been a good idea to trade for him for only 1 good year or 2

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Montana was traded for a first round pick,so I am not sure that it would been a good idea to trade for him for only 1 good year or 2
    Yeah…would’ve sucked to lose Deon Figures or Charles Johnson to take a shot with Montana at QB…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Yeah…would’ve sucked to lose Deon Figures or Charles Johnson to take a shot with Montana at QB…
    But Montana was no longer the same QB, especially after missing the 1991 and 1992 season...He had his moments with the Chiefs, especially in the 1993 playoffs but I understand why the Steelers stuck with Neil O'Donnell, since he was still young and in 1992, the steelers had been in the first seed in the AFC.O'Donnell was also in the pro bowl in 1992

Of course, it's easier to say after the fact, but Montana was not a sure thing in 1993 after missing 2 seasons and the fact he was 37 years old at that point, which was very old for a QB in that era.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

But Montana was no longer the same QB, especially after missing the 1991 and 1992 season...He had his moments with the Chiefs, especially in the 1993 playoffs but I understand why the Steelers stuck with Neil O'Donnell, since he was still young and in 1992, the steelers had been in the first seed in the AFC.O'Donnell was also in the pro bowl in 1992

Of course, it's easier to say after the fact, but Montana was not a sure thing in 1993 after missing 2 seasons and the fact he was 37 years old at that point, which was very old for a QB in that era.
    Not to mention the injury took was as bad as it gets, he got totally destroyed by leonard marshall. I remember seeing that in real time and being like 'yeah he dead'.

This kinda hit now would get someone kicked out of the league if they did it to brady lol

Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

He took a KC offense with a bunch of nobodies and an old Marcus Allen to the AFC championship game. He wasn't the same but was still good. Better than Neil ODonnell

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I remember him throwing this game winning pass in the Sugar Bowl and thought he was gonna be a real clutch NFL player.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    He was done by 2000. We needed him in 1995 instead of Neil IPASSTOCOWBOYS O'Donnell
    But an old Marino was still leaps and bounds better than Kordell.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I would have loved for Marino to play for the Steelers. Oh, well... C'est la vie.