Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Najee Harris is broken goods... I'm convinced Tomlin lying about his health

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Najee Harris is broken goods... I'm convinced Tomlin lying about his health

Warren would have run for a buck-30 with 20 carries last night. He's quick to the hole, unlike Najee who has to stutter step up the blocker's back.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Jesus Christ... coming into last night's game Warren was averaging 3.1 ypc. There's something called "sample size."

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    People have been asking for a Bettis type back for years. If Bell and Bettis had a baby, it would be Najee Harris…so now do people not want a Jerome Bettis type back?

It won’t be a surprise if Harris’ numbers are down from year one. Many backs numbers fall in their sophomore season and then go back up in the third year.

Jerome Bettis being the closest example to home…
    Well men can be pregnant now I've heard so there is still hope. Plus Bell wouldn't even notice another kid he has so many.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Jesus Christ... coming into last night's game Warren was averaging 3.1 ypc. There's something called "sample size."
    The same “sample size” applies to the 3.1.

And leave Christ out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The same “sample size” applies to the 3.1.

And leave Christ out of it.
    People still practicing reform Judaism huh?

You just said that Jaylen Warren would average 6.5 ypc behind one of the worst run blocking OL in the NFL; but smoking crack isn't haram per the 10 commandments so I guess that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Didn’t Bettis always talk about how it was at least four weeks into the season to pull a line and run game together?
    I don't know. But I do know that it was right around the mid 90s that I realized you never judge how good a Steelers team will be until they've played at least six games. That seems to sync with your statement pretty well.

- - - Updated - - -

You just said that Jaylen Warren would average 6.5 ypc behind one of the worst run blocking OL in the NFL; but smoking crack isn't haram per the 10 commandments so I guess that makes sense.
    No, but not loving your neighbor is, at least according to the first century Rabbis.

I doubt much makes sense to you.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Can't tell if the mixed religious metaphors are intentional or not...but I really want to know more about this sect of Christians that is led by Rabbis following Islamic law. Sounds like it could be a modern solution to modern problems.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Can't tell if the mixed religious metaphors are intentional or not...but I really want to know more about this sect of Christians that is led by Rabbis following Islamic law. Sounds like it could be a modern solution to modern problems.
    this is usually when i exit a thread lol
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    this is usually when i exit a thread lol
    I can’t help myself sometimes. Or every time.

Never mind. Let’s not mention it again.

If it’s offensive to simply ask someone to be respectful, I don’t think that’s asking too much.

If it’s offensive to simply ask someone to be respectful, I don’t think that’s asking too much.
    I think everyone’s on your side here.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Harris isn’t broken. Harris is a back that starts off slow and gets better as the game goes on. If anyone thinks he’s broken after last nights game they’re crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Harris isn’t broken. Harris is a back that starts off slow and gets better as the game goes on. If anyone thinks he’s broken after last nights game they’re crazy.
    That touchdown run featured more grown ass man stiff arms than some RBs have in a season.

I would love to see 18 carries by Najee and 12 by Warren.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Najee Harris is broken goods... I'm convinced Tomlin lying about his health

I would love to see 18 carries by Najee and 12 by Warren.
    I’d like 25 touches to 12 touches…

I’d like 25 touches to 12 touches…
    Yeah until Pickett takes over.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The Christians run an offense that centers around a strong running game and play action off of that.

The Rabbis prefer an offense with lots of motion and misdirection with short passing and a mobile quarterback operating the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The Christians run an offense that centers around a strong running game and play action off of that.

The Rabbis prefer an offense with lots of motion and misdirection with short passing and a mobile quarterback operating the attack.
    You, sir, have made my evening.

You didn't ask. You told. That is not the same thing. And you demand respect but insult my intelligence. You have to give respect to get it. I don't get any respect on this forum and don't feel the need to give it as a result. Have you ever noticed that people become the most indignant over things that don't exist or events that never happened? I find that fascinating.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

It's actually against league rules to lie about player injuries.

You didn't ask. You told. That is not the same thing. And you demand respect but insult my intelligence. You have to give respect to get it. I don't get any respect on this forum and don't feel the need to give it as a result. Have you ever noticed that people become the most indignant over things that don't exist or events that never happened? I find that fascinating.
    The reason no one respects you on this board is because you’re belligerent. It’s obvious you aren’t trying. It just comes naturally for you.

Yeah until Pickett takes over.
    Meh…some of those touches will be check downs and passes from Pickett who is good at recognizing that stuff and getting the ball ti them quickly.

You don’t get respect because you don’t give respect and you won’t listen to anyone’s opinion but your own. Big difference between you and desertsteel…big difference.

The reason no one respects you on this board is because you’re belligerent. It’s obvious you aren’t trying. It just comes naturally for you.
    On your end are you really respectful though? This thread is dedicated to trashing one of the most professional and hardest working players in the NFL for factors out of his control. That's not respectful. The only RB on the Steelers who didn't average less than 4.0 ypc during Tomlin's tenure is James Conner. Parker, Mendenhall, Dwyer, Redman, Bell, Williams and Najee have all averaged less than 4.0. I guess they all couldn't hit the hole? Secret injuries? They all averaged 4.2 or less ypc with the Steelers except Bell. Why would Najee be any different behind one of the worst OL in the NFL for run blocking and running laterally out of shotgun often?! Crazy disrespectful of all of you.

On your end are you really respectful though? This thread is dedicated to trashing one of the most professional and hardest working players in the NFL for factors out of his control. That's not respectful. The only RB on the Steelers who didn't average less than 4.0 ypc during Tomlin's tenure is James Conner. Parker, Mendenhall, Dwyer, Redman, Bell, Williams and Najee have all averaged less than 4.0. I guess they all couldn't hit the hole? Secret injuries? They all averaged 4.2 or less ypc with the Steelers except Bell. Why would Najee be any different behind one of the worst OL in the NFL for run blocking and running laterally out of shotgun often?! Crazy disrespectful of all of you.
    May want to check your stats again…

Www.Google.com

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This has actually been a respectable discussion. I don't think there is an issue with Najee Harris personally. Mainly due to the fact the Steelers reported him as such, and it is against the rules to lie on any injury report.

What happened yesterday is only important in regard to what it means for today. If you look at this offense, there are very few names here today that hold any regard to the events of yesterday. Therefore, the events of yesterday hold no sway over what happens today. AND Najee seems to be running just fine.